Gate City at Graham - Saturday at 1 pm

Pegasus 27

I will be very surprised if this game is close.  I believe the difference will be on the line of scrimmage and the speed of Grahams running back.  On the defensive side with the inability of Gate City to throw the ball will make it easy for the gmen to stop.

I think Gate City will hold their own in this one. I dont think they will win it but I dont think it will be the blow out that most people are expecting. Offensively Gate City is running a power spread that want to run the ball and CAN throw it they just choose not to. If Graham does not respect the pass and loads the box I feel like Gate City is more than capable of taking advantage of numbers.  Now I did not see what Ridgeview did to hold GC to zero if they loaded the box and played man then this prediction is going to be way off. I do know the the past that has been Grahams game plan when they feel they are more athletic on the back in is just to put 7 in the box bring those OLB every play and just play cover 0. Does that work against 95% of SWVA absolutely, but it also hurts Graham down the road when those backers have not been asked to play coverage and they run into a team down the road that has comparable athletes that can scheme those guys open and hurt you. Graham should be able to win this one I just hope for their sake they do it playing sound football. 

56 minutes ago, SamJackson said:

I will be very surprised if this game is close.  I believe the difference will be on the line of scrimmage and the speed of Grahams running back.  On the defensive side with the inability of Gate City to throw the ball will make it easy for the gmen to stop.

Evidently you have watched zero film on GC, they can throw it and throw it well, when they want to! I don't look for the Devils to win but I don't believe they will get blown out either.

8 minutes ago, SXSW said:

Evidently you have watched zero film on GC, they can throw it and throw it well, when they want to! I don't look for the Devils to win but I don't believe they will get blown out either.

That’s good because GMen need to practice pass coverage. I’d be surprised if this is a blowout either. I think Gate City will come to play and they are obviously well coached. Any team that beat Union twice cannot be taken lightly. . 

I'm going to go Graham big. I would be very very surprised if it's under 24 points. I love Gate City. I absolutely love the Devils history and program and probably like them second best only to Giles of course out of any other program. Any team that runs it and runs the ball well historically is one a Giles fan will often like, BUT I just dont see it for This game for This season regarding being close with Graham. The Devils are one year away from being back....as in back back....very deep playoff run potential. If I'm wrong, I will post it quickly and say so. Just my opinion.

Hard to say how close this one will be. If the GC team that played RV shows up, than the bus driver will be warming the bus up in the second quarter as the 3rd and 4th qrt will fly by on a running clock.

If the GC team that played last week shows up than expect a hard fought game and Graham wining by 10.

IF and that's a big if 😆 Graham takes the week off from practice and stays up partying all night Friday and show up 10 minutes before the game hung over than GC will win. 

1 hour ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Nearly every team Graham played left their first string in and scored late....

I think with the exception of Bluefield, most teams are scoring one TD a game against starters. That’s nothing I’ve confirmed just my ballpark guesstimate. 

8 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I think with the exception of Bluefield, most teams are scoring one TD a game against starters. That’s nothing I’ve confirmed just my ballpark guesstimate. 

Galax and Blacksburg would’ve been shut outs until Graham started substituting. Pulaski scored once on Graham pretty early and then got another in garbage time on the reserves.

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

Definitely true when you played Union