2D Second around: #3 Virginia High @ #2 Ridgeview

SwvaOG

First playoff meeting for these two teams.  Bearcats looked really good against Lee after losing their QB.  Can they rally around him and pull an upset over the Pack?  The Pack’s D is buzzing now with back to back shut outs. Will they swarm the Bearcats and be too much?

Bearcat run about to come to an end I believe.  Hogo schedule no benefit this week.  Ridgeview looks to be hot at the right time.  Several times during the TAZ game looked like cat and mouse.  RV too physical up front and better speed on offense.  Hope the Jones kid heels quickly for Baseball.

42-14 RV

RV has to account for Poku as he can hurt them.  The Pack secondary is a mix of too aggressive in run support and too passive.  They need to have the right alignment and I think they have worked that out after the Bluefield game. Was impressed with how well the Bearcats ran the ball against Lee and how well they defended the pass.  I’m more bullish on their performance and think RV wins by 14-21.  Let’s go 35-14

I was impressed that VHS was able to adjust to losing their QB on the fly and still put up almost 40 on Lee.  Yea don’t know much about VHS’s defense but I would have to lean toward RV having the advantage defensively.  I think the Bearcats should probably try to air it out for their best chance.  I’d look for some Poku jet sweeps and other ways to get the ball in his hands.

On 11/13/2022 at 1:04 PM, UKCAT said:

I think with Jones being out you have to go with Ridgeview. Would have liked to seen him healthy and might have been a better game but I have to take the Wolfpack by 3 touchdowns. 

Would have loved to see this one played out with Jones under center. I think VH would have had a chance because he’s just a playmaker. Ridgeview Easy, moves on to play gmen 

I think the lost of Jones will be too much for the bearcats to overcome in this one. They were able to pull together and win last week but the backup QB just doesnt run the offense well. They were able to throw quick screens and go balls and win last week because they were just able to out athlete Lee. I do not see this being the case this week. The way Ridgeview runs to the football on defense will negate the speed of VA high and shut them down. I think the defense of the Bearcats has been a weak point most of the season so Ridgeview should be able to score at will and VA high will not have to fire power to keep up. 

43 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

Something to keep an eye on but Dickinson county is going through a terrible bout of flu.  A lot of kids out last week due to it.  It seems to be particularly bad this year.

That stuff is running rampant all throughout SWVA. Flu , RSV, stomach bug...it's everywhere.

What I have heard there is a lot of RV that has it at school but not sure how many of the football boys do. Keeping it quiet right now. If they have a lot out with the flu VH has a big advantage. 

21 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

Something to keep an eye on but Dickinson county is going through a terrible bout of flu.  A lot of kids out last week due to it.  It seems to be particularly bad this year.

From what I'd heard and something of note, Lee was also dealing with the flu the week of the game with Virginia High and had limited practice.

21 minutes ago, Beamerball said:

From what I'd heard and something of note, Lee was also dealing with the flu the week of the game with Virginia High and had limited practice.

VA HIIGH has dealt with it this week as well.  All schools have it.  Play on!!