All region ? district? thoughts?

bearforce1

31 minutes ago, Observer said:

Some teams are still concerned about playing games, not who won the popularity contest to get their name on a piece of paper.

Exactly. I’ve come to learn that it’s not always who deserves it. It should be the best players and something earned but I see this with every sport. I’m not saying some don’t deserve it but I always find myself shaking my head and questioning some. 

SWD

QB-Jones (VA high)

RB-Clements (Graham)

RB-Brown (Richlands)

WR- Harris (Tazewell)

WR-Poku (VA High)

WR- Grahams #1 WR

TE-someone from Graham

OL- a Mix of Graham and VA high heavy on the Graham side

DL- #56 #52 (Graham) #85 Austin Coe (Marion) and the best stats from Tazewell Richlands and VA high

LB- Jones (VA high) #30 Hunter Robinson (Marion) Fill the rest out with Graham kids

DB- Graham/VA high kids #9 Brody Whitt (Marion) had 6 picks this year hopefully he atleast gets on there somewhere

Just my guess Graham is going to be all over this list just because they are the best team in the district and that holds the most weight at these meetings when all things are equal the best team gets the nod. Jones over Creasy just because he is a senior, his injury may sway a vote or two, and I think he is more dangerous that Creasy all around because of what he can do with his legs.

53 minutes ago, Jags52 said:

SWD

QB-Jones (VA high)

RB-Clements (Graham)

RB-Brown (Richlands)

WR- Harris (Tazewell)

WR-Poku (VA High)

WR- Grahams #1 WR

TE-someone from Graham

DL- #56 #52 (Graham) #85 Austin Coe (Marion) and the best stats from Tazewell Richlands and VA high

LB- Jones (VA high) #30 Hunter Robinson (Marion) Fill the rest out with Graham kids

DB- Graham/VA high kids #9 Brody Whitt (Marion) had 6 picks this year hopefully he atleast gets on there somewhere

Just my guess Graham is going to be all over this list just because they are the best team in the district and that holds the most weight at these meetings when all things are equal the best team gets the nod. Jones over Creasy just because he is a senior, his injury may sway a vote or two, and I think he is more dangerous that Creasy all around because of what he can do with his legs.

Who is your player of the year?  I would take Creasy as the QB.  I just think he is a better QB.    I would definitely take Tazewell linemen over VA High

7 minutes ago, SamJackson said:

Who is your player of the year?  I would take Creasy as the QB.  I just think he is a better QB.    I would definitely take Tazewell linemen over VA High

No disrespect to Creasy I think the kid is a darn good football player but the system he plays in helps his stats a lot and if his receivers are off then he suffers. IMO a great high school QB in this area is a threat with his legs and at the end of the day Jones is a better runner Creasy is the better passer but If I was a DC I would rather face Creasy than Jones that the main reason I went with Jones.

Tazewells line play is much improved than what I have seen over the years. The issue is there are not stats for lineman so those slots usually go to the teams that finished that had the most success during the season. I know Tazewell technically finished second in the district so you can throw some of those guys in there.

Defensive POY is easy for me its #56 for Graham I dont know his name but I see that kid all over the field every time Graham plays and its been that way for 3 years now. I know that award doesnt usually go to a lineman but hands down that kid is a game changer

Offensive POY may be the most debated slot at the all district meeting. I look at this awards as what is this team without this kid. VA high loses to central and PH without Jones may even Honaker so that puts them at 6-4 5-5. I dont think Richlands wins a game without Brown and I know for a fact they are blown out against Tazewell with out him. He probably means more to Richlands offense than anyone else in the region. I think if Creasy didnt miss games early in the year he would have a good case for QB and POY. Harris is the Focal point of the offense so his name should for sure be up there I think we will really know how much that kid means to Tazewell next season. Clements will probably get it even though he missed a few games. He is the best player on the best team and thats usually how these things go. 

2 hours ago, Jags52 said:

SWD

QB-Jones (VA high)

RB-Clements (Graham)

RB-Brown (Richlands)

WR- Harris (Tazewell)

WR-Poku (VA High)

WR- Grahams #1 WR

TE-someone from Graham

Graham's number 1 WR has Div 2 offers. He's no slouch and throws some big hits on defense/covers well. I forget his name, but I know he has at least 1 Div 2 offer. 

33 minutes ago, BandanaPartyBoyDavis4321 said:

Graham's number 1 WR has Div 2 offers. He's no slouch and throws some big hits on defense/covers well. I forget his name, but I know he has at least 1 Div 2 offer. 

I didnt know his name I figured they had a dude though they usually do

2 hours ago, Jags52 said:

No disrespect to Creasy I think the kid is a darn good football player but the system he plays in helps his stats a lot and if his receivers are off then he suffers. IMO a great high school QB in this area is a threat with his legs and at the end of the day Jones is a better runner Creasy is the better passer but If I was a DC I would rather face Creasy than Jones that the main reason I went with Jones.

Tazewells line play is much improved than what I have seen over the years. The issue is there are not stats for lineman so those slots usually go to the teams that finished that had the most success during the season. I know Tazewell technically finished second in the district so you can throw some of those guys in there.

Defensive POY is easy for me its #56 for Graham I dont know his name but I see that kid all over the field every time Graham plays and its been that way for 3 years now. I know that award doesnt usually go to a lineman but hands down that kid is a game changer

Offensive POY may be the most debated slot at the all district meeting. I look at this awards as what is this team without this kid. VA high loses to central and PH without Jones may even Honaker so that puts them at 6-4 5-5. I dont think Richlands wins a game without Brown and I know for a fact they are blown out against Tazewell with out him. He probably means more to Richlands offense than anyone else in the region. I think if Creasy didnt miss games early in the year he would have a good case for QB and POY. Harris is the Focal point of the offense so his name should for sure be up there I think we will really know how much that kid means to Tazewell next season. Clements will probably get it even though he missed a few games. He is the best player on the best team and thats usually how these things go. 

56 is Connor Roberts. Absolute beast, guy has wreaked total havoc all year on offenses, I’d have to agree on the defensive POY so far. 

4 hours ago, Jags52 said:

SWD

QB-Jones (VA high)

RB-Clements (Graham)

RB-Brown (Richlands)

WR- Harris (Tazewell)

WR-Poku (VA High)

WR- Grahams #1 WR

TE-someone from Graham

Pretty solid, grahams Lbs best in distrct easy, thoughts on mtn 7?

will be mostly ridgeview, some union, gate city. 

Qb - O quinn 

rb - hill 

wr - beevers

wr - hammonds

wr- counts 

te - toss up 

OL - lucas from abingdon hall and hamilton from union, 74 from ridgeview, another gc or sturgill from central or so.

ap - hill 

DL - lester from rv, lucas, sturgill from central

Lb - Satterfield, Hill, Hartsock,

Db - Huff, beavers, counts, honaker

Ap - satterfield 

Kr - beevers 

pr- huff 

1 minute ago, bearforce1 said:

Pretty solid, grahams Lbs best in distrct easy, thoughts on mtn 7?

will be mostly ridgeview, some union, gate city. 

Qb - O quinn 

rb - hill 

wr - beevers

wr - hammonds

wr- counts 

te - toss up 

OL - lucas from abingdon hall and hamilton from union, 74 from ridgeview, another gc or sturgill from central or so.

ap - hill 

DL - lester from rv, lucas, sturgill from central

Lb - Satterfield, Hill, Hartsock,

Db - Huff, beavers, counts, honaker

Ap - satterfield 

Kr - beevers 

pr- huff 

Poy- beevers  

opoy- beevers or o quinn

dpoy- satterfield or hill