All region ? district? thoughts?

bearforce1

13 minutes ago, Jags52 said:

I agree with you I dont think Creasey has a shot to be POY he isnt even the POY on his team much less the district

He also has over 1800 yards and 19tds in 9 games

2 minutes ago, CPF said:

He also has over 1800 yards and 19tds in 9 games

I agree he is good. There are a lot of teams that would take him but I dont think he is the best QB in the district. Those number are also inflated by the air raid system they run along with jet sweeps they give to Harris that counts as a pass because he under hands the ball 6 inches to his "receiver". Like I said he is a good player but those numbers would not be as high if he played for anyone else. I think Clements will end up getting because he is the best player on the best team. After him I would go Jones, Brown, then Harris/Creasey

2 hours ago, Jags52 said:

I agree he is good. There are a lot of teams that would take him but I dont think he is the best QB in the district. Those number are also inflated by the air raid system they run along with jet sweeps they give to Harris that counts as a pass because he under hands the ball 6 inches to his "receiver". Like I said he is a good player but those numbers would not be as high if he played for anyone else. I think Clements will end up getting because he is the best player on the best team. After him I would go Jones, Brown, then Harris/Creasey

Hes a running back. I was talking about player of the year.

Player of the year in the SWD should go to the Roberts kids from Graham imo.  Graham has a wicked Offensive Line and could you take Clements out and have other running backs run it very well?  Well, that's played out some this year and the answer is not just running it very well, but running it at a very high level.  Clements is awesome, but if you define POY at the most Impactful, it's Roberts imo.  It just depends on how you define POY, most deserving, most impactful, game changing, etc?  Harris is also elite on BOTH sides of the ball.  He's more impactful (in my opinion) than Clements.  I think the discussion should be Roberts or Harris instead of Creasy or Clements, but just my opinion.

10 hours ago, Jags52 said:

SWD

QB-Jones (VA high)

RB-Clements (Graham)

RB-Brown (Richlands)

WR- Harris (Tazewell)

WR-Poku (VA High)

WR- Grahams #1 WR

TE-someone from Graham

OL- a Mix of Graham and VA high heavy on the Graham side

DL- #56 #52 (Graham) #85 Austin Coe (Marion) and the best stats from Tazewell Richlands and VA high

LB- Jones (VA high) #30 Hunter Robinson (Marion) Fill the rest out with Graham kids

DB- Graham/VA high kids #9 Brody Whitt (Marion) had 6 picks this year hopefully he atleast gets on there somewhere

Just my guess Graham is going to be all over this list just because they are the best team in the district and that holds the most weight at these meetings when all things are equal the best team gets the nod. Jones over Creasy just because he is a senior, his injury may sway a vote or two, and I think he is more dangerous that Creasy all around because of what he can do with his legs.

Sawyers#4 and Hughes #3 from Graham are the best outside LB in the region .Some would say they are DE but they also cover in space. Considering they beat every team in district by 28 plus, Palmer should just say who he thinks should be first team, 

56 minutes ago, BandanaPartyBoyDavis4321 said:

Player of the year in the SWD should go to the Roberts kids from Graham imo.  Graham has a wicked Offensive Line and could you take Clements out and have other running backs run it very well?  Well, that's played out some this year and the answer is not just running it very well, but running it at a very high level.  Clements is awesome, but if you define POY at the most Impactful, it's Roberts imo.  It just depends on how you define POY, most deserving, most impactful, game changing, etc?  Harris is also elite on BOTH sides of the ball.  He's more impactful (in my opinion) than Clements.  I think the discussion should be Roberts or Harris instead of Creasy or Clements, but just my opinion.

Roberts is a beast no doubt. Do you go to the games? Can you guess who has most tackles for loss for Graham this year? 

10 hours ago, Jags52 said:

SWD

QB-Jones (VA high)

RB-Clements (Graham)

RB-Brown (Richlands)

WR- Harris (Tazewell)

WR-Poku (VA High)

WR- Grahams #1 WR

TE-someone from Graham

OL- a Mix of Graham and VA high heavy on the Graham side

DL- #56 #52 (Graham) #85 Austin Coe (Marion) and the best stats from Tazewell Richlands and VA high

LB- Jones (VA high) #30 Hunter Robinson (Marion) Fill the rest out with Graham kids

DB- Graham/VA high kids #9 Brody Whitt (Marion) had 6 picks this year hopefully he atleast gets on there somewhere

Just my guess Graham is going to be all over this list just because they are the best team in the district and that holds the most weight at these meetings when all things are equal the best team gets the nod. Jones over Creasy just because he is a senior, his injury may sway a vote or two, and I think he is more dangerous that Creasy all around because of what he can do with his legs.

If Omari Hill is not first team D, they shouldn't even have an all district team. Seriously, Tazewell scored one touchdown,  Richlands 0,, Va High 2 Td's , Marion O on the starting defense for the Gmen. 

1 hour ago, Gmen2021 said:

If Omari Hill is not first team D, they shouldn't even have an all district team. Seriously, Tazewell scored one touchdown,  Richlands 0,, Va High 2 Td's , Marion O on the starting defense for the Gmen. 

Roberts, Dolin, & Hill are all first team material to me. I don’t know how it all ends up shaking out but one of Graham’s strength this year has been at LOS on both sides of the ball. We have others who do inconsistently well but those three are pretty dang consistent most every game. I think the GMen are focused on game prep right now instead of  All District & All Region accolades. 

2 hours ago, Gmen2021 said:

Sawyers#4 and Hughes #3 from Graham are the best outside LB in the region .Some would say they are DE but they also cover in space. Considering they beat every team in district by 28 plus, Palmer should just say who he thinks should be first team, 

I agree. Hughes and Gage have did a phenomenal job. Hill, Dolan and Roberts, just amazing defensive players 

2022 All Cumberland District Team

1st Team Offense 
QB    Landon Lane    Rye Cove
RB    Ryan Horne    Twin Springs
RB    Brayden Dutton    John I Burton
RB    Xander Spears    Thomas Walker
FB    Tristan Counts    Twin Springs
FB    Will Rollins    Rye Cove
WR    Colten Kilgore    Twin Springs
WR    Eli McMcoy    Eastside
WR    Cayden Dishman    Castlewood
TE    Brad Steffey    Castlewood
G    Morgan Potter    John I Burton
G    Trey Miller    Thomas Walker
G    Trevor Darnell    Rye Cove
T    Chase Daugherty    Twin Springs
T    Dauntae Keys    John I Burton
T    Jackson Barnett    Rye Cove
C    Drew Salyer    Twin Springs
Utility    Trey Keys    John I Burton
Kick Returner    Brayden Dutton    John I Burton
K    Andrew Myers    Twin Springs
P    Chase Carico    Eastside

1st Team Defense        
D-Line    Chase Daugherty    Twin Springs
D-Line    Jay Bowen    Rye Cove
D-Line    Morgan Potter    John I Burton
DE    Dauntae Keys    John I Burton
DE    Jackson Barnett    Rye Cove
DT    Trevor Darnell    Rye Cove
LB    James Craig    Twin Springs
LB    Noa Godsey    John I Burton
LB    Carter Roach    Rye Cove
LB    Riley McCurry    Thomas Walker
LB    Brad Steffey    Castlewood
LB    Kaden Lasley    Castlewood
DB    Brayden Dutton    John I Burton
DB    Logan Barnette     Rye Cove
DB    Jimmy Shouse    Castlewood
DB    Cayden Dishman    Castlewood
Utility    Landon Lane    Rye Cove

2nd Team Offense        
QB    Abel Dingus    Twin Springs
QB    Noa Godsey    John I Burton
RB    Trey Keys    John I Burton
RB    Payton Darnell    Rye Cove
RB    Dylan McCurry    Thomas Walker
RB    Kaden Lasley    Castlewood
FB    Ethan Hawk    John I Burton
FB    Dayton Stanley    Eastside
FB    Kaden Lasley    Castlewood
WR    Colten Gilmer    Twin Springs
WR    Ian Tate    John I Burton
WR    Logan Barnette     Rye Cove
WR    Landon Lowe    Thomas Walker
TE    Riley McCurry    Thomas Walker
G    Jimmy Pascual    Twin Springs
G    Bryson Keys    John I Burton
G    Reagan Wood    Eastside
T    Brodie White    Twin Springs
T    Isaiah Sturgill    John I Burton
T    Trey Osborne    Rye Cove
C    Tyler Lee    Thomas Walker
Utility    Payton Adkins    Eastside
Kick Returner    Nick Ward    Eastside
Return Man    Colten Kilgore    Twin Springs
K    Cayden Dishman    Castlewood
P    Cayden Dishman    Castlewood

2nd Team Defense        
D-Line    Drew Salyer    Twin Springs
D-Line    Isaiah Sturgill    John I Burton
D-Line    Dayton Stanley    Eastside
D-Line    Trey Miller    Thomas Walker
D-Line    Gabe Jones    Castlewood
DE    Brodie White    Twin Springs
DE    Bryson Keys    John I Burton
DE    Eli McCoy    Eastside
LB    Jimmy Pascual    Twin Springs
LB    Will Rollins    Rye Cove
LB    Jon Howell    Rye Cove
LB    Nick Ward    Eastside
LB    Dylan McCurry    Thomas Walker
DB    Colten Kilgore    Twin Springs
DB    Trey Keys    John I Burton
DB    Gabe Raymond    Eastside
DB    Landon Lane    Rye Cove
Utility    Jaxsyn Collins    Eastside
Utility    Austin Kiser    Castlewood

Offensive Cumberland District Player of the Year - Ryan Horne    Twin Springs
Defensive Cumberland District Player of the Year - Dauntae Keys    John I Burton
Offensive Lineman of the Year-Chase Daugherty    Twin Springs
Defensive Lineman of the Year-Dauntae Keys    John I Burton
Offensive Back of the Year- Landon Lane    Rye Cove
Defensive Back of the Year- Brad Steffey    Castlewood
Tri Coaching Staff of the Year-Twin Springs    Twin Springs
Tri-Coaches of the Year- Gary Collier & Staff    Rye Cove

2 minutes ago, FootballFan77 said:

We might get to see 2D today. It’s my understanding they are meeting today to choose districts. 

All district wont be released until every team in the district is out of post season play. Same goes with all region. So unless some coaches get loose lipped we wont know anything until SWD is eliminated from the playoffs. You are right though coaches do meet today to hash all that out

1 hour ago, Jags52 said:

All district wont be released until every team in the district is out of post season play. Same goes with all region. So unless some coaches get loose lipped we wont know anything until SWD is eliminated from the playoffs. You are right though coaches do meet today to hash all that out

District Meetings are seperate, and Region 2D meeting isn't until after Thanksgiving break.  It's always fun to read the "ACCOLADE" threads.  I am sure alot of bartering and discussions will be had.

6 minutes ago, FoxTrot said:

District Meetings are seperate, and Region 2D meeting isn't until after Thanksgiving break.  It's always fun to read the "ACCOLADE" threads.  I am sure alot of bartering and discussions will be had.

Yeah thats what I was saying. SWD meets today all region would follow after that. Those teams arnt supposed to be released to the public until after everyone that has a kid on that team in eliminated. But for sure there is bond to be a lot of disagreement when these teams come out. Its going to get real fun when we get to all region because the Mountain 7 will have 6 votes compared to the SWD only having 5. Which mean IF 1st team QB comes down to Creasey and O'Quinn then there is a good chance O'Quinn gets it just because the mountain 7 have more votes. Unless SWD has stats that are way better than the M7 kid the M7 kid is going to get the nod every time. Until Lebanon comes back and evens those numbers back out  

50 minutes ago, Jags52 said:

Yeah thats what I was saying. SWD meets today all region would follow after that. Those teams arnt supposed to be released to the public until after everyone that has a kid on that team in eliminated. But for sure there is bond to be a lot of disagreement when these teams come out. Its going to get real fun when we get to all region because the Mountain 7 will have 6 votes compared to the SWD only having 5. Which mean IF 1st team QB comes down to Creasey and O'Quinn then there is a good chance O'Quinn gets it just because the mountain 7 have more votes. Unless SWD has stats that are way better than the M7 kid the M7 kid is going to get the nod every time. Until Lebanon comes back and evens those numbers back out  

You are exactly right on the vote total. It favors the M7, but I think it works itself out in the Region. I will almost guarantee Jones will be SWD qb if they don’t go co 1 team qbs. I think that vote will fall 3-2 in SWD. 

1 hour ago, FoxTrot said:

You are exactly right on the vote total. It favors the M7, but I think it works itself out in the Region. I will almost guarantee Jones will be SWD qb if they don’t go co 1 team qbs. I think that vote will fall 3-2 in SWD. 

Yes I think Jones has a great shot I dont think they will go co 1 because that doesnt look as good moving on to all region voting but I dont think I will matter at that position. The only team that really got to see him play a full game in person was Central and from the newpaper write up he pretty much put the team on his back for that win. That could be the deciding vote there. 

3 hours ago, FoxTrot said:

These coaches need to hire their own lobbyists 

2 minutes ago, foosballer said:

Didn't a kid make all region from the SWD last year and missed 4 or 5 games. Not talking about a D1 talent player either. 

IDK, but if his stats matched that of a 10 game schedule should it matter?