All region ? district? thoughts?

bearforce1

19 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

Am I the only one who thinks that SWD MVP should actually be Dylan Brown?  He excelled at two different positions on a subpar team and little to no help doing so.  

He definitely deserves some type of recognition. He carried that team. 

1 hour ago, SwvaOG said:

Am I the only one who thinks that SWD MVP should actually be Dylan Brown?  He excelled at two different positions on a subpar team and little to no help doing so.  

I pull him on my list as deserving and the SWD has done something like that before in other sports. Last years girls soccer POY was from Marion and they went 0-8 in district play. Now they team did end up making little run and making it to the region tournament but that is easier to do in sport not football

That vote Selection Might be  split between gate city qb/ union def.cord/ chris Akers

Bahahaha 

The problem voting this year for region, besides numbers favoring mt7, Graham is above everyone else in swd, mt7 are all a little closer in play.  The mt7 has rv that should have several,   a few sprinkled from other mt7 teams.  Stats for some came against hogo/Cumberland/bd teams.  Other stats from starters being in games late when they shouldn't be.  Personally, stats VS district/ region teams should be all that's looked at. Hope 2D is playing in Salem, again with a W.

2 hours ago, S10SQUAREBODY4LIFE said:

That vote Selection Might be  split between gate city qb/ union def.cord/ chris Akers

Bahahaha 

The problem voting this year for region, besides numbers favoring mt7, Graham is above everyone else in swd, mt7 are all a little closer in play.  The mt7 has rv that should have several,   a few sprinkled from other mt7 teams.  Stats for some came against hogo/Cumberland/bd teams.  Other stats from starters being in games late when they shouldn't be.  Personally, stats VS district/ region teams should be all that's looked at. Hope 2D is playing in Salem, again with a W.

Agreed. Too many with pie schedules outside of their district/region games that use big stats gotten against smaller or weaker teams to say their guys best. And Creasy would get my vote too but It’s this sort of thing mentioned above that makes me question myself. 

4 hours ago, THS6805 said:

I can agree with Brody Jones as swd QB and brown from richlands at rb and Clements was on fire this year for graham.  On defensive I like play of lb kaizon Taylor from tazewell.

I agree with Jones, I would go Taylor as second running back after Clements. DL, LB's are all Graham. I know Tazewell fans will disagree but kids that perform in high leverage games and situations get the nod. 

On 11/16/2022 at 3:08 PM, Jags52 said:

I agree he is good. There are a lot of teams that would take him but I dont think he is the best QB in the district. Those number are also inflated by the air raid system they run along with jet sweeps they give to Harris that counts as a pass because he under hands the ball 6 inches to his "receiver". Like I said he is a good player but those numbers would not be as high if he played for anyone else. I think Clements will end up getting because he is the best player on the best team. After him I would go Jones, Brown, then Harris/Creasey

I don't know if he is their best player or not.  I don't think Graham missed a beat when he was not playing.  

Just now, SamJackson said:

I don't know if he is their best player or not.  I don't think Graham missed a beat when he was not playing.  

Clements is without a doubt, POY. Just because Graham would beat everyone in the district without him is irrelevant to the discussion. You cant miss the playoffs and be POY either. 

9 minutes ago, SamJackson said:

It depended on what you define POY as. If POY to you is the best football player on the field every time he put a helmet on then is goes to Clements that kid is pretty special. If POY to you is has the biggest impact on a team then its Brown from Richlands and I really dont think its close either way. 

My POY is the best football each time he puts on a helmet. It also is the most impactfull on both sides. It also comes down to off the field decisions if the contest is close with another player who might have had an off the field issue that prevented him from helping his team for a game or two. Connor Roberts, not Jones, not Clements, not Brown, nor Creasy, nor Harris...but Roberts is the best football player in the SWD. Only my opinion. We could argue this all week and all month long.

3 minutes ago, Jags52 said:

It depended on what you define POY as. If POY to you is the best football player on the field every time he put a helmet on then is goes to Clements that kid is pretty special. If POY to you is has the biggest impact on a team then its Brown from Richlands and I really dont think its close either way. 

I see your point, but I would have to vote Jones for biggest impact on his team. Without him, they don't outscore anyone because they definitely don't play defense. 

Just now, BandanaPartyBoyDavis4321 said:

My POY is the best football each time he puts on a helmet. It also is the most impactfull on both sides. It also comes down to off the field decisions if the contest is close with another player who might have had an off the field issue that prevented him from helping his team for a game or two. Connor Roberts, not Jones, not Clements, not Brown, nor Creasy, nor Harris...but Roberts is the best football player in the SWD. Only my opinion. We could argue this all week and all month long.

Very true , you know how opinions go. Zay Bradshaw never won POY on offense or defense last year. No doubt best player on the field every time he put the helmet on. Neither did Brody Meadows, the only Power 5 players in last year's class. 

16 minutes ago, BandanaPartyBoyDavis4321 said:

I agree Roberts is a freaking beast! Best player and most impactfull. If im not mistaken they do offensive and defensive POY not just one overall POY. I would bet Roberts get defensive and Clements gets Offensive. And for a lineman to get any POY would be huge considering the lack of love they get especially on the offensive side of the ball. 

20 minutes ago, Gmen2021 said:

I see your point, but I would have to vote Jones for biggest impact on his team. Without him, they don't outscore anyone because they definitely don't play defense. 

Ive been on the Jones bandwagon all year and I think he is a great play but I would still lean towards Brown just because even though Jones did a lot of the heavy lifting he still had some help with Poku and Worley outside and the being able to hand the ball off to Burks to get some tough yards. Now I think VA high is 6-4 or 5-5 without Jones because he makes take big of a difference. Honestly Richlands would have had a hard time winning a game without Brown. The Tazewell game would have been a running clock in the second half if he was not playing. 

1 hour ago, Jags52 said:

Ive been on the Jones bandwagon all year and I think he is a great play but I would still lean towards Brown just because even though Jones did a lot of the heavy lifting he still had some help with Poku and Worley outside and the being able to hand the ball off to Burks to get some tough yards. Now I think VA high is 6-4 or 5-5 without Jones because he makes take big of a difference. Honestly Richlands would have had a hard time winning a game without Brown. The Tazewell game would have been a running clock in the second half if he was not playing. 

I think they did have a hard time winning a game. 

5 hours ago, JGray said:

Hell guys. Everybody will make all district anyway. There will be 20-24 players named to 1st team offense and defense. 

And if they don’t make that cut just add your players names to the final all district list anyway and post to  Facebook like it’s real. Or at least thats what a team I usually support with the initials l.h.s. did last year ha.

And the only “explanation” I heard was “that’s the team without Abingdons players.” Whaaaa? Abingdons part of m7. Don’t work like that no matter how bad ya want it to.