2022 Score Updates Week 2 Playoffs Regional Semifinals

Gridiron60

10 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Just pulled in wearing my shorts. Hopefully it isn’t too bad lol 

Not going to a game today, but I am also in shorts lol. My general rule is if it’s above 25, I’m in shorts lol. I’ll wear flip flops until it’s in the 40s. 😂

10 minutes ago, Optimal62 said:

Correct, they only took four teams per region back then. The  three district champions and the next highest point team.four playoff games total including the state championship game.  We was the one seed that year. Lost to Lebanon in the region championship game 42- 28. 

It was 48-28 according to FourSeasonsFootball but the point stands, I suppose. How was James River, Grayson and Lebanon all in the same region?

I’ll rephrase my original post. Grayson has won two playoff games in a season for the first time in school history. 

With only 5 seniors, they should be excited for next season. 

1 minute ago, sixcat said:

It was 48-28 according to FourSeasonsFootball but the point stands, I suppose. How was James River, Grayson and Lebanon all in the same region?

I’ll rephrase my original post. Grayson has won two playoff games in a season for the first time in school history. 

James River was in the Pioneer and Lebanon in the Hogo.  JR still trying to get back into the Pioneer from what I've heard but can't get the votes to get back in.  

10 minutes ago, sixcat said:

FFS!! I was off by 6 points!!  It’s been 30 years since I played in that game. 

5 minutes ago, SW_VA_boy said:

James River was in the Pioneer and Lebanon in the Hogo.  JR still trying to get back into the Pioneer from what I've heard but can't get the votes to get back in.  

That’s a tremendous amount of territory for one region to cover. I suppose it makes sense considering it was prior to the mass-consolidation phase we’ve been under the past two decades. 

10 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Not going to a game today, but I am also in shorts lol. My general rule is if it’s above 25, I’m in shorts lol. I’ll wear flip flops until it’s in the 40s. 😂

It was 70 in Jensen Beach last night and people were dressed like it was in the 40s. We're going back tomorrow for Thanksgiving and Christmas, and will try to go to the Region D title games if it's not too cold. 

11 minutes ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

Watching this is infuriating as a Union fan. Palmer and Co. are eating houseright and his staff alive. Complete mismatch athletically and X’s and O’s thus far. 

Maybe gate city caught more than the flu from union.  Should have put Tamiflu in them backpacks. Gate city played a well as union did bad, coached better on finer details. Not a good matchup at all with Graham.