WV playoff scores including Indy vs Fairmont Sr.

BandanaVTDavis4321

In AA ball, Independence took Fairmont Sr. completely apart last night by a score of 42-7. Also, the number 1 seed Winfield was shocked by 9 seed Herbert Hoover by a score of 27-26. Also, the number 3 seed Roane County lost to 6 seed North Marion 13-12. That one isn't an upset. Man, the Beavers were so close and just drew the 1 team that's likely going to win the AA state title.

In AAA ball, Parkersburg South, the 1 seed who Princeton beat in regular season won by a score of 58-14 over Musselman last night and advances to the final 4. Bridgeport, another team Princeton beat this year plays Martinsburg today and the winner advances to the final four.

In A ball, James Monroe blows out Greenbrier West 48-13 and advances to the final 4. Look for Williamstown to win the single A WV title. James Monroe can win the next game in their Semifinal contest. It's a 50-50 type game, but Williamstown is likely a touch better than James Monroe and Wheeling Central Catholic by about 10 points imo. I know some are high on Wheeling Central Catholic and they could win it, and James Monroe possibly could, but I think Williamstown is a step above those 2 this year and if they lost, I would be surprised. Only my opinion though, could be wrong.

7 minutes ago, Pegasus 27 said:

Princeton did not beat Parkersburg South. You spread a lot of misinformation.

He’s actually very knowledgeable and keeps us updated on what’s going on, not just in SWVA which is very helpful as the post season continues. His coverage of Region A and Region B teams helped me a lot in doing my bracket challenge. It’s understandable to make a mistake every now and then. 

If Bluefield could’ve dodged Indy they would’ve made a run. Bluefield could’ve beat Winfield. Especially the way they were playing towards the end of the season. With Bluefield and Fairmont out, Indy will cruise to the state championship. Am I crazy to think Bluefield was the second best team in AA this year? 

22 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

He’s actually very knowledgeable and keeps us updated on what’s going on, not just in SWVA which is very helpful as the post season continues. His coverage of Region A and Region B teams helped me a lot in doing my bracket challenge. It’s understandable to make a mistake every now and then. 

I was unlucky enough to be raised next door to this single wing loving bum!  He knows absolutely nothing about football. Never even played it!

Just now, Fairlawncat said:

I was unlucky enough to be raised next door to this single wing loving bum!  He knows absolutely nothing about football. Never even played it!

Fairlawn, you just lost your hunting cabin privileges, and next time I see you, I smacking you with my non shaky hand

Just now, BandanaPartyBoyDavis4321 said:

Fairlawn, you just lost your hunting cabin privileges, and next time I see you, I smacking you with my non shaky hand

Love ya bud. Seriously, one of the most knowledgeable I've met and one of the toughest I played against. Can I use the cabin again next year? 

Just now, Fairlawncat said:

Love ya bud. Seriously, one of the most knowledgeable I've met and one of the toughest I played against. Can I use the cabin again next year? 

Cabin privilages restored! LOL.  P.S.  As we talked about, number 8 is a knuckle head and better get things fixed before he makes the 14 mile trip to campus.  I told you it would catch up sooner or later.

1 hour ago, BandanaPartyBoyDavis4321 said:

In AA ball, Independence took Fairmont Sr. completely apart last night by a score of 42-7. Also, the number 1 seed Winfield was shocked by 9 seed Herbert Hoover by a score of 27-26. Also, the number 3 seed Roane County lost to 6 seed North Marion 13-12. That one isn't an upset. Man, the Beavers were so close and just drew the 1 team that's likely going to win the AA state title.

In AAA ball, Parkersburg South, the 1 seed who Princeton beat in regular season won by a score of 58-14 over Musselman last night and advances to the final 4. Bridgeport, another team Princeton beat this year plays Martinsburg today and the winner advances to the final four.

In A ball, James Monroe blows out Greenbrier West 48-13 and advances to the final 4. Look for Williamstown to win the single A WV title. James Monroe can win the next game in their Semifinal contest. It's a 50-50 type game, but Williamstown is likely a touch better than James Monroe and Wheeling Central Catholic by about 10 points imo. I know some are high on Wheeling Central Catholic and they could win it, and James Monroe possibly could, but I think Williamstown is a step above those 2 this year and if they lost, I would be surprised. Only my opinion though, could be wrong.

I don't consider Herbert Hoover to be an upset, only in seeding. They lost their first two games of the season, including game 2 to Winfiled 19-14.  Ever since, no one has been close to them, they've gotten better (healthier) as the season went on.  I think it will be Indy and Hoover in the Championship.

3 hours ago, GMan said:

I don't consider Herbert Hoover to be an upset, only in seeding. They lost their first two games of the season, including game 2 to Winfiled 19-14.  Ever since, no one has been close to them, they've gotten better (healthier) as the season went on.  I think it will be Indy and Hoover in the Championship.

GMan, can Indy beat Hoover or who would be favored? I wasn't as familiar with Hoover.  One of the fans on the WV board stated Winfield was likely as good as Indy, so I thought Winfield might be a tough out.  I hope Indy wins it.  

44 minutes ago, BandanaPartyBoyDavis4321 said:

GMan, can Indy beat Hoover or who would be favored? I wasn't as familiar with Hoover.  One of the fans on the WV board stated Winfield was likely as good as Indy, so I thought Winfield might be a tough out.  I hope Indy wins it.  

Only team in AA that can beat Indy will be Indy. Their line play is very good and the defense is stellar not to mention how good the Price kid is. I don't believe the rest of the AA teams come close to them.

49 minutes ago, BandanaPartyBoyDavis4321 said:

Independence is just on a different level this year than the rest of the field. Winfield is not just as good as Independence. They'll cruise to the state championship. 

On 11/19/2022 at 12:20 PM, GMan said:

Winner, winner, chicken dinner...Indy vs. Hoover for the WV AA State Championship on Friday night at Wheeling Island Stadium...

The computer is picking Indy 42-21 winning and 90% chance.   WTH man?  This is the state championship.   Is Indy that good?  That pick above is just a non-living computer, but I don't need no computer to make a prediction based on what Indy did to Fairmont Sr.  Fairmont is one bad bunch, even if down just a touch this year, they are still a solid team and Indy just smashing them like that did it for me.  I just don't see Indy losing to Hoover, but you never know.  That's why they play the gamees.

Occasionally, you see a certain type of win that kind of blows you away or makes you think, "OK, this team isn't losing this year."  King William putting up over 60 points on Lafayette last year was one of those jaw dropping oh sh** type scores, and Indy over Fairmont Sr last weekend was another for me.

7 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

The computer is picking Indy 42-21 winning and 90% chance.   WTH man?  This is the state championship.   Is Indy that good?  That pick above is just a non-living computer, but I don't need no computer to make a prediction based on what Indy did to Fairmont Sr.  Fairmont is one bad bunch, even if down just a touch this year, they are still a solid team and Indy just smashing them like that did it for me.  I just don't see Indy losing to Hoover, but you never know.  That's why they play the gamees.

Occasionally, you see a certain type of win that kind of blows you away or makes you think, "OK, this team isn't losing this year."  King William putting up over 60 points on Lafayette last year was one of those jaw dropping oh sh** type scores, and Indy over Fairmont Sr last weekend was another for me.

Sounds about right, if not worse.