Ridgeview vs Graham Region D Championship Rematch!

Gridiron60

Should be a barn burner! Hope GMen can stop the pass & come out victorious! Can the GMen contain O’Quinn? Stop Beavers? Ridgeview has lots of weapons. I know the coaches will have our boys ready. I want to thank Bluefield for helping us play at home! I would have hated that drive to Clintwood! What do y’all think? How’s this game shake out? 

Graham needs to take a page from Grundy's playbook against Lebanon on D and just drop 8 and send the DL. QB will be so through off that it would be really hard to adjust. Graham's LB are pretty athletic so they could catch the QB and backs if they decided to takeoff and get maybe a few yards.

The difference will be coaching. I think the staff at Graham does an amazing schematic job every game. (Except that one time in the spring of 21 at the end of the game 😉) and as we know, the RV folks haven’t been keen on some of their coaching situations. 

31-29 Gmen.

Edited by UnionGuy2017
Edited before the grammar police come after me

3 minutes ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

The difference will be coaching. I think the staff at Graham does an amazing schematic job every game. (Except that one time in the spring of 21 at the end of the game 😉) and as we know, the RV folks haven’t been keen on some of there coaching situations. 

31-29 Gmen.

You just had to bring that game up , didn’t you? 😂  I was concerned when the GMen came out in those yellow on yellow uniforms today since that spring game was the 1st time we wore them. Still have flashbacks! 

25 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

You just had to bring that game up , didn’t you? 😂  I was concerned when the GMen came out in those yellow on yellow uniforms today since that spring game was the 1st time we wore them. Still have flashbacks! 

All the stink from those beautiful unis from the union game have been cleansed. LOL.

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

Should be a barn burner! Hope GMen can stop the pass & come out victorious! Can the GMen contain O’Quinn? Stop Beavers? Ridgeview has lots of weapons. I know the coaches will have our boys ready. I want to thank Bluefield for helping us play at home! I would have hated that drive to Clintwood! What do y’all think? How’s this game shake out? 

Ridgeview has a nice stadium too visit but yeah much rather be at home but you should catch a game there very nice except distance from field is only thing I don’t like 

34 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

Ridgeview has a nice stadium too visit but yeah much rather be at home but you should catch a game there very nice except distance from field is only thing I don’t like 

I’ve been there for a game before. It’s a very nice campus & stadium not bad. Seats are are pretty elevated for a good view. 

Sharing this article where O’Quinn wondered if Graham was working during the summer like him. To answer his question, Graham works year round. 😉

https://heraldcourier.com/sports/pressure-doesnt-faze-ridgeviews-oquinn/article_34f4827c-4f44-11ed-a1a9-e3e6affc9610.html

Tony Palmer & company will do everything in their power to prepare the GMen. I’m not saying Graham wins but I know they’ll give it everything they have. Our coaches are very good at making in game adjustments & getting the boys fired up! It’s going to be a long week of waiting for us bleacher coaches, ummmm…I mean fans! 

When I make an actual prediction, I have tended to be mostly accurate but I see Graham taking this one without much issue. RV will be hard to run on and don't think you will get the edge on them. Straight up is all you can do and short yard passing. Again don't think you will take a swing pass or pass to the flats anywhere on them. Offensively, I don't see RV moving the ball on them consistently. They will come out and have some initial success but Graham will do what they do and adjust to it. Defensive lines are going to be some of the most aggressive either have seen and it will be a low scoring affair but Graham wins by 3 scores I think

I wonder if the G-Men faithful will show up? Was very disappointed and seeing such a low turn out today. Even being down 30 points Gate City’s fan base was still making more noise. I know Mitchell Stadium can make a crowd look small but I don’t think Graham had enough people to fill up a single section today. With nasty weather Saturday it’ll probably sound like a funeral again. The 12th man wins games people! Stop being lazy and sitting at home to watch it online! 

3 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

SWVAgridiron the number of Graham fans there today was nothing short of embarrassing. Shame on Bluefield Va!!!!

NFHS is ruining it. Granted I love getting to watch a lot of games online in my spare time but I’m not going to miss a Giles game just to sit home and watch online unless I’m physically not able to. SWVA use to have some damn good fan bases but times have changed. I hate it for the players especially Graham’s. They’ve played their ass off all season and have won every game. They deserve a loud and proud fan base to be behind them. 

11 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

I wonder if the G-Men faithful will show up? Was very disappointed and seeing such a low turn out today. Even being down 30 points Gate City’s fan base was still making more noise. I know Mitchell Stadium can make a crowd look small but I don’t think Graham had enough people to fill up a single section today. With nasty weather Saturday it’ll probably sound like a funeral again. The 12th man wins games people! Stop being lazy and sitting at home to watch it online! 

I agree! Graham fans need to show up loud & proud next Saturday. I think in general NFHS has hurt attendance especially on days like today. Thank goodness for an enthusiastic band. 

11 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

SWVAgridiron the number of Graham fans there today was nothing short of embarrassing. Shame on Bluefield Va!!!!

They did that even before NFHS. Few years ago when we played them first round, we had more than they did and someone said that knew it wouldn't be a match so they didn't bother. 

I knew last week it would be a slim shot we would have at Ridgeview but was going to make it no matter what, we'll since they moved it to Sat I could that is. 

I've said for years that Graham has the weakest fan support of all the county schools. Tazewell could suck bad and still have more fans than they did in that matchup. 

4 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I agree! Graham fans need to show up loud & proud next Saturday. I think in general NFHS has hurt attendance especially on days like today. Thank goodness for an enthusiastic band. 

We didn’t have a dog in the fight but me and dad still drove 45 minutes up 460 and watched 3 quarters of the game in the cold while I was wearing shorts. I figured with Graham being up 54-7 that no comeback was going to happen so we left.

1 minute ago, SWVAgridiron said:

We didn’t have a dog in the fight but me and dad still drove 45 minutes up 460 and watched 3 quarters of the game in the cold while I was wearing shorts. I figured with Graham being up 54-7 that no comeback was going to happen so we left.

Yeah, I don’t get it. We can fill the stadium for the Bluefield game and can’t get two sections full for the playoffs. I don’t miss a game. It’s embarrassing to say the least. Our boys need a big loud crowd next week against a tough Ridgeview team. 

I’m probably going to drive there from Big Stone Gap to watch it because I think it’s going to be a really good game. Both have really good teams. Seen both play and not sure who I would give the edge to in this one.