Ridgeview vs Graham Region D Championship Rematch!

Gridiron60

2 hours ago, S10SQUAREBODY4LIFE said:

Watching more and more on RV over the holidays on nfhs.  I like their chances against Graham.  The biggest difference I can see is Graham's attention to detail on special teams as opposed to RV.  RV matches up a little better than most with Graham.  If RV gets in a groove like they've been in the past few weeks they win by 2/3 scores.  If they can't produce a few stops along the way, I'm not sure they can win a slugfest/track meet with Graham.  

I would bet @Ryan4VT ant farm that Graham doesn’t lose by 3 scores.

14 minutes ago, Liam McPoyle said:

The road teams went 3-0 tonight in Class 2.

Those same road teams also went 3-0 the week before, and so far, 3 region winners (Appo, Central-W, Poquoson) have all three won 2 playoff games on the road.  That's rare that you have 3 region winners of which all 3 win the region semi's and region title games on the road.  All 3 teams above were ranked as a 3rd or worse seed coming into the playoffs.  So far, in Region A, B, and C, ALL of the 1 and 2 seeds have been eliminated from the playoffs.  

3 hours ago, BSG Historian said:

After tonight’s results, I think the winner of this game wins the state championship. 

Me too I thought Glenvar had a shot but guess not.  I’ve learned to never count out Appomattox but I can’t see Graham losing to anyone including Ridgeview 

The matchup we predicted back in August is finally here! Since the loss to the Beavers, the Pack's outscored Gate City, Tazewell, and VA High by a combined 113-0. Since a close win over the Beavers, the G-Men have utterly destroyed every team in their path. The winner enters the semis as the 2A favorite. I'm going with the defending champs at home in a close one.

Graham 27 Ridgeview 22

I got to go with RV, staying in the mountain 7. Long drive for us but hopefully it’s worth it. I thought we might have had a good chance if we had beat Gate City but that didn’t happen so good luck and hopefully no one gets hurt. Go Bears and Go Pack

I hope this will be a great game for the Gmen and the Wolfpack.  A testing ground for the Gmen and a proving ground for Ridgeview.  

Last night watching Appo and Glenvar,  giving  Appo a short field to work with was the difference in the game.  Couldn't understand why Glenvar's kicker didn't boot it into the endzone for a touchback.  Don't give an explosive team 20 or 30 extra yards to start a drive.  

Know Snake will have the D ready for the Gmen, and hope Beavers has an exceptional game for Ridgeview.  Both have "Blues genes", so that's a good start.  

1 hour ago, Liam McPoyle said:

The matchup we predicted back in August is finally here! Since the loss to the Beavers, the Pack's outscored Gate City, Tazewell, and VA High by a combined 113-0. Since a close win over the Beavers, the G-Men have utterly destroyed every team in their path. The winner enters the semis as the 2A favorite. I'm going with the defending champs at home in a close one.

Graham 27 Ridgeview 22

I am taking GMen 35-21

Graham is using their speed incredibly well so far.   Big plays on returns, and runs.  Quick off the ends not giving QB much time.  RV is in the game which is helpeful, thye are going to have to make some adjustments, they play   Graham is physical, borderline dirty on some shots and got some calls for that.  Part of that is to get in RV head no doubt, and it's working on the QB (IMO).   As always I hate an announcer that is a cheerleader more than an announcer.   Don't like it when it's for us, or against us, just takes away from the game to me.