Ridgeview vs Graham Region D Championship Rematch!

Gridiron60

Ridgeview's offensive coaching is middle ages.  Can you imagine how stupid this is?   Brandon Beavers gets doubled all night (or Graham has a safety directly over the top of him for 4 quarters)  and what does RV do?  Certainly, RV will align him some in the slot, or surely send him in motion, or definitiely give him some touches out of the backfield and adjust to Graham's defensive style on Beavers.  Well, that didn't happen.  Why is this is a bad sign BEYOND what happened last night?  It's a bad sign because it serves notice that Ridgeview, if super talented again in 4 years from now or whatever, WILL not be going to far as long as they have the same Head Coach and Coordinator offensively.   If you are that damn stupid, and you can't do a basic adjustment by the middle of the first quarter, you have no hope.  RV just let Beavers stay wide and let Graham double him for 4 quarters and did NOTHING (no motion, no slot, no direct touches-end around/direct snaps out of the backfield).  That's when you know for 100% certain that if you are a RV fan, hope is limited, even in a few years when RV grows another senior heavy team with talent.  You aren't winning with this coaching staff.

19 hours ago, Mountain Football said:

Wolf1207, my friend you are a class act. Thank you! This was the first time in a very long time I have heard fans talk pure trash to the kids on the field. 

The RV fans picked the wrong 1 to talk to it motivates him! Then he gives it right back. 

10 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Ridgeview's offensive coaching is middle ages.  Can you imagine how stupid this is?   Brandon Beavers gets doubled all night (or Graham has a safety directly over the top of him for 4 quarters)  and what does RV do?  Certainly, RV will align him some in the slot, or surely send him in motion, or definitiely give him some touches out of the backfield and adjust to Graham's defensive style on Beavers.  Well, that didn't happen.  Why is this is a bad sign BEYOND what happened last night?  It's a bad sign because it serves notice that Ridgeview, if super talented again in 4 years from now or whatever, WILL not be going to far as long as they have the same Head Coach and Coordinator offensively.   If you are that damn stupid, and you can't do a basic adjustment by the middle of the first quarter, you have no hope.  RV just let Beavers stay wide and let Graham double him for 4 quarters and did NOTHING (no motion, no slot, no direct touches-end around/direct snaps out of the backfield).  That's when you know for 100% certain that if you are a RV fan, hope is limited, even in a few years when RV grows another senior heavy team with talent.  You aren't winning with this coaching staff.

This

5 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I agree with this. Graham moved Hughes from DE for the sole purpose of containing #7 and then Edwards behind Hughes. I thought for sure there would be adjustments after the half since he’s their biggest playmaker and had a huge article on him prior to the game. Overall, impressed with our ability to adapt our players to different positions. Great job to Hughes and Edwards you did your job yesterday of containing #7. 

BandanaVTDavis4321 I said earlier the staff, fans, players, and the other 100 people they had standing on their sideline over there was too concerned with the officiating than they were with making adjustments or coaching the kids up. Beating easy opponents with talent alone is easily done. Beating quality opponents that calls for coaching and adjustments is something different. It looked like they had kids on the coaching staff that could have been playing. They completely wasted that talent but dang if they can't run their mouths to the officials and the other kids.

45 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

BandanaVTDavis4321 I said earlier the staff, fans, players, and the other 100 people they had standing on their sideline over there was too concerned with the officiating than they were with making adjustments or coaching the kids up. Beating easy opponents with talent alone is easily done. Beating quality opponents that calls for coaching and adjustments is something different. It looked like they had kids on the coaching staff that could have been playing. They completely wasted that talent but dang if they can't run their mouths to the officials and the other kids.

They could play Radford in the wasted talent bowl. 

3 hours ago, Mom14 said:

Heard oquinn goes to abingdon and Creasy to graham

Graham has the Roberts kid for QB next year. He’s got some talent. Creasy could come but he might end up on defense, lol. I don’t see him leaving Tazewell. 

2 hours ago, FootballFan77 said:

I agree with this. Graham moved Hughes from DE for the sole purpose of containing #7 and then Edwards behind Hughes. I thought for sure there would be adjustments after the half since he’s their biggest playmaker and had a huge article on him prior to the game. Overall, impressed with our ability to adapt our players to different positions. Great job to Hughes and Edwards you did your job yesterday of containing #7. 

I think Graham had a game plan if they moved Beavers to slot or put him in motion earlier but it wasn’t needed since RV offense made zero adjustments. 

18 hours ago, Wolf1207 said:

If I’m Graham I ride that wildcat look the rest of the way.  

The wildcat worked great and it let them use Meadows sparingly which is good due to the nature of his most recent hand injury. I wouldn’t risk re-injury of him if I didn’t need to , they may need him more against a tough Appo team and if his hand got hit the wrong way or something, he might be out for the next game. Kid is tough but seems to have the worst luck as far as injuries. He’s a good leader though along with the other seniors. I’m just glad our coaches don’t unnecessarily risk players like a certain coach did in a nearby county & had kids end up in Roanoke Memorial. 

51 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

The wildcat worked great and it let them use Meadows sparingly which is good due to the nature of his most recent hand injury. I wouldn’t risk re-injury of him if I didn’t need to , they may need him more against a tough Appo team and if his hand got hit the wrong way or something, he might be out for the next game. Kid is tough but seems to have the worst luck as far as injuries. He’s a good leader though along with the other seniors. I’m just glad our coaches don’t unnecessarily risk players like a certain coach did in a nearby county & had kids end up in Roanoke Memorial. 

Just my opinion, Graham could have some great success against Poquoson or Central if Graham wins as those teams are not as fast.  Central is monstrous in size and strength.  They are Graham on steroids on the line of scrimmage without the athletic talent and speed of Graham.  Poquoson is all technique.  But, Appomattox brings very good speed in open space and getting the edge will not be nearly as easy as it was against Ridgeview.  Graham may have some success with the Wildcat against Appo, but Doug Smith is very, very good, and it's going to take other forms of offense (a combination) to beat Appo (of which Graham has the capability of). 

4 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

They did put him in motion a few times, but not nearly enough.  This was exactly what the crew I was sitting with were discussing at the game.  It was a brilliant move by Graham and baffling why Ridgeview didn't try to adjust to get the ball to him.

4 hours ago, FootballFan77 said:

Miles Raley did an excellent job at linebacker with this adjustment.

4 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Completely agree!!!! Coach Grant is a very good defensive coordinator.  Graham was simple better at doing what they wanted on the offensive aside of the ball. RV HAD ZERO RUN GAME and seemed like the short passing game was not part of the game plan.  They didn’t throw an out to a TE who had played limited snaps on offense all year. But what ever! The play that real blows my mind is the punt were RV DIDNT COVER THE SLOT GUNNER. It baffles me not one of the 15 people staying on the sideline would call a time including Stanley 

18 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Appo will be out for revenge from last season too.  Graham will have to play their  A + game on Saturday.  Going to be a dog fight.

Just watched some film on Appo. They get down hill fast. If Graham's linebackers and secondary don't wrap up it could be a long day for the G-Men. 

22 hours ago, Bandana Knight said:

Completely agree!!!! Coach Grant is a very good defensive coordinator.  Graham was simple better at doing what they wanted on the offensive aside of the ball. RV HAD ZERO RUN GAME and seemed like the short passing game was not part of the game plan.  They didn’t throw an out to a TE who had played limited snaps on offense all year. But what ever! The play that real blows my mind is the punt were RV DIDNT COVER THE SLOT GUNNER. It baffles me not one of the 15 people staying on the sideline would call a time including Stanley 

That pass was a dime by Shockley