Ridgeview vs Graham Region D Championship Rematch!

Gridiron60

Graham has a jailbreak defense going, they make the QB or whomever make a quick play, if someone makes a quick play they can bust it but you got to be quick and line has to step up, read where they are coming from.

4 minutes ago, Liam McPoyle said:

Who does Ty'Drez think he is, Steven Peoples?

Post of the month imo. If I'm Tony P, I'm leaving him in there and telling RV after the game, I'm truly sorry, but it looks like nobody across the state of VA is going to break that record of which we are on the ugly receiving end of, so my only option was to break it ourselves, lol.

Great performance by Clements today for sure.

6 minutes ago, FootballFan77 said:

Definitely a lot of one sided penalties today. Did we deserve some of them absolutely but they were holding just as much as we were. The pass interference call was a joke. I can take a bad call but there were so many that were just unbelievable. 

7 minutes ago, FootballFan77 said:

Definitely a lot of one sided penalties today. Did we deserve some of them absolutely but they were holding just as much as we were. The pass interference call was a joke. I can take a bad call but there were so many that were just unbelievable. 

Think that might have been a make up call for missing a defensive holding in the end zone. 

This gam came down to Grahams offensive and defensive lines were far superior to RV.  When you know what’s coming and can’t stop it you just tip your h hat and call them the better team.

note to RV fans. If you are in your 50’s and talking smack to a high school student, you need to grow as some we’re doing.

Graham won this on the line both offensive and defensive and of course #5 helped a tad. Ha.  We couldn’t protect our qb and once they bounced outside, their speed was just too much for us.   Hats off to the G-men and good luck 

There were 2 plays in the third quarter where the Graham defense had 12 on the field. Ridgeview called a TO to protest and Graham tried to send 12 on the field on third down until a coach finally called one back. Refs totally missed it.

1 hour ago, Wolf1207 said:

This gam came down to Grahams offensive and defensive lines were far superior to RV.  When you know what’s coming and can’t stop it you just tip your h hat and call them the better team.

note to RV fans. If you are in your 50’s and talking smack to a high school student, you need to grow as some we’re doing.

You must have been sitting close to the same guy we were. He went at Graham's (and a couple of Ridgeview) players pretty hard. I told my wife I was tempted to go tell him that those kids can't hear him and if they did, they don't care. 

Miscellaneous observations:

* Clements is sensational (my Captain Obvious Award entry)

* Ridgeview's special teams were horrific. (my 2nd Captain Obvious entry)

* The refs were really bad, missed a bunch of calls. Most against Graham, but some against Ridgeview. 

*  Graham can't afford that many penalties against Appomattox.

* The QB, #7 and #13 for Ridgeview are really nice players. 

* Talked to a random guy in line at the concession stand who knew a guy that I know, but said he hadn't seen him in 50 years.

* I was shocked that there weren't more people there today. The last time we were here was for a Richlands v Graham game probably 10 years or so ago and the place was packed. 

* Beautiful day for football and thankful that the VHSL has some day games in the playoffs. Can't take the cold anymore and it's one of the reasons we moved to south Florida.

* Ate supper at The Railyard and it was excellent.