Region 1D Championship: Grundy vs Patrick Henry

SwvaOG

14 minutes ago, rvtne216 said:

Read on Grundy High School's Facebook page that the game will be played at Emory and Henry on Saturday at 1:00 p.m.

All PH home games are at Emory from what I'm told so they can get use to playing on turf since that's what's at Salem...

5 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

All PH home games are at Emory from what I'm told so they can get use to playing on turf since that's what's at Salem...

That's funny....just some guy trying to get everyone in a tizzy.  Not one person at PH has said that.

2 minutes ago, falconfan1 said:

That's funny....just some guy trying to get everyone in a tizzy.  Not one person at PH has said that.

Want to ask the guy sitting across from me at work about that?  He is the one that told me that.  PH alum himself and goes to all their games.

Now he could have said that in jest but the statement was made.

Fact is they have played all their home playoff games at E&H since 2018

Then go ahead and tell that guy sitting across from you that the statement is false about preparing for the state title game.  There are too many games to be played before you look that far ahead.  I will go ahead and say this, no team from Washington County has ever played for a football state title.  

6 minutes ago, falconfan1 said:

Then go ahead and tell that guy sitting across from you that the statement is false about preparing for the state title game.  There are too many games to be played before you look that far ahead.  I will go ahead and say this, no team from Washington County has ever played for a football state title.  

I agree completely and in actuality I think it is just the fact of getting use to turf for playoff games but who knows

PH started playing at Emory in 18 because of field conditions on their home field. With that big crown the field would be a mess. I guess they like the opportunity and since Region D had been using UVA-Wise for years they decided it was a win-win. 

21 minutes ago, swvafbrespect said:

PH started playing at Emory in 18 because of field conditions on their home field. With that big crown the field would be a mess. I guess they like the opportunity and since Region D had been using UVA-Wise for years they decided it was a win-win. 

As long as in your favor it works out but what if they would have had to go to Grundy...

3 hours ago, Ol hardnose said:

I'm rooting for PH.  Did you hear that God?  I didn't say I was picking them.  I just said I was rooting for them.  Good luck to both teams.  Represent D well.

God heard you, but he has no concern about PH and Grundys outcome or the outcomes of HS football because if he did, trust me on this, Giles would be undefeated.

On 11/21/2022 at 10:02 AM, stu_bean said:

On 11/21/2022 at 10:22 AM, falconfan1 said:

PH and their turf dreams😊