Region A, B, C and D picks

BandanaVTDavis4321

Below is all of the Class 1 and 2 Games in Virginia this upcoming weekend (next weekend) as picked by the computer out west and the computers picks for "chances of winning" by the favored team.  I also give my picks (which are about as useful as tits on a boar hog) but the computers picks are fun, or if not familiar with these teams, it gives you a gauge of who might likely win.

Region A

Class Uno  Essex 41 vs King and Queen Central High 17.  A 94% chance of Essex predicted by the computer to win.  

Class Dos  King William 31, Poquoson 21.  74% chance of KW winning.

Notes:  Essex is unbeaten.  They beat KW by 2 touchdowns earlier in the season and KW beat King and Queen Central by 20ish pts.   I pick Essex and KW to win.  I had Poquoson earlier to win Region A, but a last minute 1 point loss in Poquoson's final regular season game cost them the homefield advantage and 1 seed in Region A, so they have to travel to King William.  KW was favored by 2 points in the computers before this weekend.  It's now up to 10 points over Poquoson.

Region B

Class 1     Riverheads 31 vs Central of Lunenburg 19.  84% chance of Riverheads winning.  

Class 2    Strasburg 21 vs Central of Woodstock 14.  65% chance of Strasburg winning.

Notes:  I pick Central Woodstock to win.  They returned a bunch of juniors (now seniors) and are a heavy physical run team and played KW very tough last year in the state semi game.  But, Strasburg is unbeaten on the season.  They had an early forfeit, but have not lost on the field and is the third highest Class 2 ranked team by the computer behind Graham and Ridgeview.  For example, Strasburg right now, this week, is favored by 14 pts over King William by Calpeps, and they were favored over Graham by 1 point coming into this weekend, but Graham is now favored by 5 points over Strasburg.  Strasburg was the number 1 ranked Class 2 team in the computer coming into the weekend over Graham but Graham over took them and so did Ridgeview.  Ridgeview is now a 3 pt favorite over Strasburg and the 2nd ranked team in Virginia behind Graham in the computer.

Region C   

Class 1     George Wythe 28, Grayson County 27.  GW with a 53% chance to win.

Class 2    Glenvar 28, Appomattox County 22.  Glenvar with a 62% chance to win.

Notes.  I'm picking GW in a close one, but will disagree with Calpreps on Appo.  I'm picking Appomattox to win on Glenvar's home field.  The QB for Glenvar is elite.  He's also a freshmen and it's going to be cold.  I think Doug Smith finds a way to rattle that freshmen and do just enough like they did against Radford, and win Region C, and return to the semifinals.

Region D

Class 1     Patrick Henry 27, Grundy 31.  Grundy with a 60% chance to win.

Class 2    Graham 26 vs Ridgeview 22.  Graham with a 60% chance to win.

Notes: I will go with Grundy and Graham since they are slight favorites.  What does the computer think of Ridgeview.? The computer picks RV right now to beat any Class 2 team in the state of Virginia except for Graham.  

West Virginia Single A and Double A State Semi's

AA. Independence 35, North Marion 10.  Indy with a 95% chance of winning.

A.   James Monroe 24 Wheeling Central Catholic 28.  Wheeling Central with a 60% chance of winning.

Notes:  Before this weekend, James Monroe was favored by the computer by 4 points over Wheeling Central Catholic.  I think James Monroe's season ends on its home field this upcoming weekend and I think it's by 14 points or more in the loss.  Indy will roll this weekend and advance to the state championship game.

3 hours ago, BandanaPartyBoyDavis4321 said:

Below is all of the Class 1 and 2 Games in Virginia this upcoming weekend (next weekend) as picked by the computer out west and the computers picks for "chances of winning" by the favored team.  I also give my picks (which are about as useful as tits on a boar hog) but the computers picks are fun, or if not familiar with these teams, it gives you a gauge of who might likely win.

Region A

Class Uno  Essex 41 vs King and Queen Central High 17.  A 94% chance of Essex predicted by the computer to win.  

Class Dos  King William 31, Poquoson 21.  74% chance of KW winning.

Notes:  Essex is unbeaten.  They beat KW by 2 touchdowns earlier in the season and KW beat King and Queen Central by 20ish pts.   I pick Essex and KW to win.  I had Poquoson earlier to win Region A, but a last minute 1 point loss in Poquoson's final regular season game cost them the homefield advantage and 1 seed in Region A, so they have to travel to King William.  KW was favored by 2 points in the computers before this weekend.  It's now up to 10 points over Poquoson.

Region B

Class 1     Riverheads 31 vs Central of Lunenburg 19.  84% chance of Riverheads winning.  

Class 2    Strasburg 21 vs Central of Woodstock 14.  65% chance of Strasburg winning.

Notes:  I pick Central Woodstock to win.  They returned a bunch of juniors (now seniors) and are a heavy physical run team and played KW very tough last year in the state semi game.  But, Strasburg is unbeaten on the season.  They had an early forfeit, but have not lost on the field and is the third highest Class 2 ranked team by the computer behind Graham and Ridgeview.  For example, Strasburg right now, this week, is favored by 14 pts over King William by Calpeps, and they were favored over Graham by 1 point coming into this weekend, but Graham is now favored by 5 points over Strasburg.  Strasburg was the number 1 ranked Class 2 team in the computer coming into the weekend over Graham but Graham over took them and so did Ridgeview.  Ridgeview is now a 3 pt favorite over Strasburg and the 2nd ranked team in Virginia behind Graham in the computer.

Region C   

Class 1     George Wythe 28, Grayson County 27.  GW with a 53% chance to win.

Class 2    Glenvar 28, Appomattox County 22.  Glenvar with a 62% chance to win.

Notes.  I'm picking GW in a close one, but will disagree with Calpreps on Appo.  I'm picking Appomattox to win on Glenvar's home field.  The QB for Glenvar is elite.  He's also a freshmen and it's going to be cold.  I think Doug Smith finds a way to rattle that freshmen and do just enough like they did against Radford, and win Region C, and return to the semifinals.

Region D

Class 1     Patrick Henry 27, Grundy 31.  Grundy with a 60% chance to win.

Class 2    Graham 26 vs Ridgeview 22.  Graham with a 60% chance to win.

Notes: I will go with Grundy and Graham since they are slight favorites.  What does the computer think of Ridgeview.? The computer picks RV right now to beat any Class 2 team in the state of Virginia except for Graham.  

West Virginia Single A and Double A State Semi's

AA. Independence 35, North Marion 10.  Indy with a 95% chance of winning.

A.   James Monroe 24 Wheeling Central Catholic 28.  Wheeling Central with a 60% chance of winning.

Notes:  Before this weekend, James Monroe was favored by the computer by 4 points over Wheeling Central Catholic.  I think James Monroe's season ends on its home field this upcoming weekend and I think it's by 14 points or more in the loss.  Indy will roll this weekend and advance to the state championship game.

Division 2

King William vs Strasburg

Glenvar vs Graham 

Division 1

Essex vs Riverheads

George Wythe vs Grundy

WV

Independence advances

James Monroe does not