Grundy vs George Wythe

Gridiron60

2 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

That's what I thought...a lot of hot air

How did you think this was going to go? You guys were literally going to bet real money on a made up line on a high school message board? 

38 minutes ago, EH31 said:

How did you think this was going to go? You guys were literally going to bet real money on a made up line on a high school message board? 

For what it’s worth, if he’s legit offering Essex +35, I want some of that action too.

I’ll even give him the hook and take Essex +34.5 😂

25 minutes ago, DanTheMan said:

Posting for the first time in years in an attempt to steer this thread back on the original topic and cheer on my high school alma mater.

Grundy 42 GW 28

Go Wave. 

Good luck and safe travels! Should be a great game!

Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions about getting around Wytheville. Heads up, our Main St will be closed for a spell for our annual Christmas parade tomorrow. 

6 hours ago, gwloyal said:

Good luck and safe travels! Should be a great game!

Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions about getting around Wytheville. Heads up, our Main St will be closed for a spell for our annual Christmas parade tomorrow. 

Is Skeeters still open?

6 hours ago, EH31 said:

Is Skeeters still open?

It is! But after 3:30, Main St will not be available for parking from the 1st St intersection to the 6th due to the Christmas Parade. Skeeters sits just inside that area near 1st and Main, so parking may still be nearby. @Gridiron60 is also correct....The Grind and Moondog Pizza are very good. 

These blocks in this town aren't very big, anyway lol 

Edited to add that their hours are 11-5:30 today

10 hours ago, EH31 said:

Is Skeeters still open?

I still think Double Gates in Bluefield, VA, is better dogs, but Skeeters is really good also.  Lots of history with that place and a great place to grab a bite.  Wytheville has somewhat of an underrated little downtown area.  Very, very nice place they got going on over there.

5 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I still think Double Gates in Bluefield, VA, is better dogs, but Skeeters is really good also.  Lots of history with that place and a great place to grab a bite.  Wytheville has somewhat of an underrated little downtown area.  Very, very nice place they got going on over there.

Boo this man haha Skeeters is a Wytheville treasure lol.

Essex will be in Salem next year ! They are better than years past . Hats off to coach Jones for the job he has done with this group .  Riverheads is not the team they have been. To many mistakes and turn overs . If you have ever had BBQ CROW , I will tell you it needs a lot of Texas Pete . No excuses , the Gladiators were not  35 points  better today. GW will have a good chance to take the trophy home next Saturday. Light me up guys , I can take it . lol

6 minutes ago, Red Rabbit said:

Essex will be in Salem next year ! They are better than years past . Hats off to coach Jones for the job he has done with this group .  Riverheads is not the team they have been. To many mistakes and turn overs . If you have ever had BBQ CROW , I will tell you it needs a lot of Texas Pete . No excuses , the Gladiators were not  35 points  better today. GW will have a good chance to take the trophy home next Saturday. Light me up guys , I can take it . lol

Essex will be in Salem next year?  Did RH cancel the 2023 season?

10 minutes ago, Red Rabbit said:

My opinion Essex had more talent but not coached well. What won RH the game today was just hard nose, smash mouth running by the backs. They would get 4 to 5 more yards than they should have. They were beasts today. 

@Optimal62 I agree completely. All the runners just kept driving their legs. There was some big time hitting going on today too. I have to say, that is a damn good Essex team that I watched today and it was within reach in the 4th quarter. That quarter started 14-8 so it was still in doubt and frankly they had a good drive to start the 3rd but fumbled it deep in our end. Could have ended differently if only… I say that respectfully because that team played their hearts out too, so congrats on their season and helluva a game. 

Congrats to Riverheads.  This is the first time I've picked against Riverheads in a title game or state semi game in a long long time.  I truly thought Essex would win the game.  Great win by Riverheads.  I question Essex and their coaching some.  The talent they have on that football team is alarming for a Class 1 team from size to speed to agility to strength to quicks.  Just alarming, and Riverheads beats em.  Sometimes, it's all about just having damn good football players, and that's what Riverheads has and is.  They just have damn good football players that know how to win.

It's all about match ups ! GW will likely be a much different look for Riverheads . The RED TEAM better not sleep on this bunch . I see a very close game going either way . All the talk of GW being the underdog I will have to disagree . jmo