Appo vs Graham

Gridiron60

5 minutes ago, TRidge said:

I dont think Radford had self doubt. i think they have an idiot coach that cant win a game where he doesnt have far superior talent. 

Radford was very explosive, but sooner or later you have to play defense. Kids today don't want to do that because all the newspapers and highlights are of touchdowns. Even the max preps and va preps only show value for it honestly. 

1 hour ago, TRidge said:

I dont think Radford had self doubt. i think they have an idiot coach that cant win a game where he doesnt have far superior talent. 

The problem is, Radford had a different coach with similar results other than one 2018 or 2019 win before this year.

1 hour ago, Gmen2021 said:

Radford was very explosive, but sooner or later you have to play defense. Kids today don't want to do that because all the newspapers and highlights are of touchdowns. Even the max preps and va preps only show value for it honestly. 

Appo is Very good up front and they are similar to Graham in 1 way. The wide open explosive type passing athletic plays are not quite as abundant as they don't quite have the multitude of elite athletes this year on the edge, so they run it more, and it's deceiving because they are just as good up front as they have ever been.  

This is not to say Graham and Appo isn't athletic on the edge because they both are, but neither have the blazing fast QBs to go with the athletes, and both are nasty up front, so they run it. 

8 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

@BoBob @oldfool you guys making the trip this weekend?  If so, save me a seat on the Appo side.  Pulling for the Raiders.  😄

I’ll be in the 50 yard line home side, top row and every time Appo scores I’m going to be giving you the stink eye 👁️ across the stadium ! 😂😂😂

I think special teams will be a huge factor in this game. Last season Appo made the mistake by kicking to the most elusive athlete on the field twice and both times were returned for TDs. Against Glenvar last week special teams almost cost them again when they punted it directly to the fastest kid on Glenvar’s team who ran it back for a TD with under a minute left. They were lucky a penalty negated it or Glenvar would be playing Graham this Saturday. Doug Smith and his staff are fantastic but by trying to prove they aren’t afraid to kick/punt it to these dangerous returners has been costly. 

8 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

I think special teams will be a huge factor in this game. Last season Appo made the mistake by kicking to the most elusive athlete on the field twice and both times were returned for TDs. Against Glenvar last week special teams almost cost them again when they punted it directly to the fastest kid on Glenvar’s team who ran it back for a TD with under a minute left. They were lucky a penalty negated it or Glenvar would be playing Graham this Saturday. Doug Smith and his staff are fantastic but by trying to prove they aren’t afraid to kick/punt it to these dangerous returners has been costly. 

Doug Smith: I think we will kick it deep

Graham:

do-it-ben-stiller.gif

I think special teams will be big also. Word I got from 2 Appo fans after game is that they practiced kicking deep and opposite of Bradshaw all week and the kicker was nailing it, then the game happened and the ball just went in the other direction to Bradshaw.  They swore that was the case and not intentional to kick to him.

Graham's kick returns for TDs.  We can't assume that Appo holds Graham on the possessions where Bradshaw ran it back for a TD. Graham gashed Appo on the ground. Odds are, Graham simply moves down the field and scores and takes 5 minutes off the clock versus Appo getting a punt from Graham.

1 hour ago, SWVAgridiron said:

I’d almost have the kicker kick it as far as he but out of bounds & take the 5 yard penalty. Most teams don’t make you kick it over unless the kicker can manage a touchback 99% of the time. Unless your special teams can drill the receiver , that’s a big chance kicking to one like Bradshaw or some other teams fastest guy. Our kicker has kicked it out of bounds every times but I don’t think purposely, lol. I will say “knock on wood” early in the season I felt like the weakest link for Graham was special teams but they have improved as the season progressed. 

44 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

The problem is, Radford had a different coach with similar results other than one 2018 or 2019 win before this year.

Right..very similar to fuente-pry

@oldfool is Appo coming down on Friday again and spending the night? I always wondered if 2019 outcome would have been different if Graham had spent the night rather than make that long trip the day of the game. They seemed to come out really flat that day. Traveling day of or spending the night may not have any bearing whatsoever though. 

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

I’ll be in the 50 yard line home side, top row and every time Appo scores I’m going to be giving you the stink eye 👁️ across the stadium ! 😂😂😂

I'll bring my binoculars so i can see you do that laughing my butt off. However i realistically dont think i'll need the binoculars!

49 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

@oldfool is Appo coming down on Friday again and spending the night? I always wondered if 2019 outcome would have been different if Graham had spent the night rather than make that long trip the day of the game. They seemed to come out really flat that day. Traveling day of or spending the night may not have any bearing whatsoever though. 

As of right now i have no clue what the travel plans are.  I live in Lynchburg so i dont get alot of info thrown my way.

10 hours ago, stu_bean said:

Unfortunately I see this as very accurate.  Graham is slightly smaller than Tazewell and I can see both of those getting rolled together in the future 

Will never happen as long as the county seat is in Tazewell. Under no circumstances will they ever divide the county in two. They've been saying consolidation was 10,20, or 30 years away for 30 years. You combine them they are 3A. And we already see what a headache that is for Abingdon. 3 schools is a good number for this county.

1 hour ago, CPF said:

Will never happen as long as the county seat is in Tazewell. Under no circumstances will they ever divide the county in two. They've been saying consolidation was 10,20, or 30 years away for 30 years. You combine them they are 3A. And we already see what a headache that is for Abingdon. 3 schools is a good number for this county.

I agree.  It's a large county in terms of area.  I can see going to 3 k-7 schools and 3 8-12 High schools in the future.  I would turn the High Schools into K-7 and the Middle schools into 8-12.  

15 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Lol, actually I don't believe I'll be in Bluefield myself now.  Going to Carowinds Saturday night, and Wytheville is just a trickle closer to Charlotte than Bluefield.  So most likely, it's G-Dub and Grundy for me Saturday.

3 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Lol, actually I don't believe I'll be in Bluefield myself now.  Going to Carowinds Saturday night, and Wytheville is just a trickle closer to Charlotte than Bluefield.  So most likely, it's G-Dub and Grundy for me Saturday.

I knew you didn’t have it in you to cheer against the GMen 😂😂. Enjoy your trip & safe travels! I-77 is a nightmare! 

27 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I knew you didn’t have it in you to cheer against the GMen 😂😂. Enjoy your trip & safe travels! I-77 is a nightmare! 

That it is... whether you go North or South from Wytheville.  Lol.

Anytime I seem to go North, there's a wreck in one of the tunnels that either forces a delay or detour.  And south, from Statesville the rest of the way is horrible.

19 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

That it is... whether you go North or South from Wytheville.  Lol.

Anytime I seem to go North, there's a wreck in one of the tunnels that either forces a delay or detour.  And south, from Statesville the rest of the way is horrible.

Don't forget Fancy Gap when the weather sucks

8 hours ago, nrv_football said:

I would like to see Graham win this one. I feel like if this game goes into the final minutes of the 4th tied or within 6 points Appo will pull it off. 

I respect it. Hope you're wrong but I respect it.