Appo vs Graham

Gridiron60

19 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Anybody heard from him?  Seriously on this, not like him to disappear for any length of time even during off season he is active.

He usually gives his input on Graham's games and I look forward to them but haven't seen him around for a bit. 

42 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Anybody heard from him?  Seriously on this, not like him to disappear for any length of time even during off season he is active.

Things were getting heated on here so I feel like he just made the decision to step away for awhile. I did enjoy reading his inputs on these threads.

Best of wishes to the Gmen against Appo.  Watched Appo and Glenvar game.  If Glenvar had kicked the ball deep after scoring and made Appo start on the 20, could have been a different outcome.  Can't give a big dance team the opportunity to start at your 50, or even deeper on your side.  Make them earn the yards, don't gift them with yards.   Also, Appo's QB he made a difference in the 2nd half with his legs.  

2 hours ago, tbgfan said:

Best of wishes to the Gmen against Appo.  Watched Appo and Glenvar game.  If Glenvar had kicked the ball deep after scoring and made Appo start on the 20, could have been a different outcome.  Can't give a big dance team the opportunity to start at your 50, or even deeper on your side.  Make them earn the yards, don't gift them with yards.   Also, Appo's QB he made a difference in the 2nd half with his legs.  

Graham's defensive ends will have to play very disciplined. Linebackers and secondary will have to make tackles. Appo will get theirs we just have to limit the big plays. 

13 hours ago, stu_bean said:

Probably got tired of all the bashing on here.  There’s a couple of people on here who has something smart ass to say about everyone’s opinions and he’s probably just tired of hearing it 

4 years ago on this date, Graham defeated Radford 57-13 to advance to the state championship game that they subsequently won. The defense made Prioleau a non factor. A lot of people thought Radford would win. Graham’s defense is nasty tough right now & I hope Rex & Snake figure out a way to contain Pennix & the QB. I’m not saying Graham can whip up another 57-13 win but I’m hoping for a victory no matter how narrow the margin. After being handicapped last year in the title game due to injuries, I’d like to see them get another shot at the title with a healthy team. 🤞

29 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

4 years ago on this date, Graham defeated Radford 57-13 to advance to the state championship game that they subsequently won. The defense made Prioleau a non factor. A lot of people thought Radford would win. Graham’s defense is nasty tough right now & I hope Rex & Snake figure out a way to contain Pennix & the QB. I’m not saying Graham can whip up another 57-13 win but I’m hoping for a victory no matter how narrow the margin. After being handicapped last year in the title game due to injuries, I’d like to see them get another shot at the title with a healthy team. 🤞

That was a fun game to watch.  Graham was firing on all cylinders that day.  I remember walking in to the stadium, the Radford coaches were getting their team fired up.  One of them was pointing at Graham and yelling "Don't they look pretty?".  I proceeded to yell down to the field "They are Pretty!!".  They all sort of stopped and gazed at me for a couple seconds, like I was a crazy man or something...lol.  Graham completely dismantled Radford that day.  

Just now, Real Sasquatch said:

That was a fun game to watch.  Graham was firing on all cylinders that day.  I remember walking in to the stadium, the Radford coaches were getting their team fired up.  One of them was pointing at Graham and yelling "Don't they look pretty?".  I proceeded to yell down to the field "They are Pretty!!".  They all sort of stopped and gazed at me for a couple seconds, like I was a crazy man or something...lol.  Graham completely dismantled Radford that day.  

Radford clearly thought they were winning before that game started. Dismantled is a good word. 

Good luck to both teams, and safe journey to all the Appo fans.  Two ways of looking at this game, if it is nasty weather, G-men grinding out the win 28 to 21, if the weather is anywhere near good, Appo wins by 7. hope I'm wrong but think they have to much speed and talent.  I'm pulling for the G-men, and a nasty weather day, but Appo is a tough out.  May all the players escape without injury.

On 12/1/2022 at 3:22 AM, Duke2015 said:

Probably got tired of all the bashing on here.  There’s a couple of people on here who has something smart ass to say about everyone’s opinions and he’s probably just tired of hearing it 

I feel like everyone is looking at me lolol I didn't do it I swear!

Just now, Union_Fan said:

You know, you might be completely innocent this time! haha

Hey I'm innocent every time, just ask me! lolol

in all seriousness I hope he's okay, I don't actually hate anyone bc of some internet banter and hopefully it's not actually impacted his life negatively. 

7 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Calling for heavy rain tomorrow and rain has neutralized many of games over the years where team A that may seem better than team B by 14 points is all of a sudden deadlocked. Which team is Graham, Appo, Grundy, and George Wythe? A or B? We will find out?

Looks like the rain should be ending around kickoff or shortly after.

44 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Appomattox getting in another evening practice tonight at Mitchell. Heard they went through the “proper” channels this time, lol. I’m fine with it if they did ask the “right” people this time. 

I have no problem with that.