Appo vs Graham

Gridiron60

8 minutes ago, BoBob said:

Anybody streaming an audio of the game?

Kicks Country 106.3.  Graham announcers.  Radio Broadcast available on the internet through Kicks Country at https://www.kickscountry.com/

106.3 has done Graham football for decades if I'm not mistaken.

19 minutes ago, GMan said:

The boys have got to be careful reading all these headlines.  Might go to their heads and they just might get a reality check tomorrow.  If they come in cocky, they could go out losers...seen it before. 

I think the coaches have the boys pretty focused & prepared; confident not cocky. I believe they know they need to bring their A game & not take Appomattox lightly. Hoping for a great game & GMen victory! 

5 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Appomattox has been practicing on turf all week, studying a lot of film.  Putting in extra time on the practice field.  They are coming in expecting to win, they will be very prepared.  Expect a dog fight. 

Go G-men!!

They’re getting in an early morning light workout & stretching today at Bluefield University per their FB page. They’re ready to win! GMen have to bring their A game and pound them every second! Never let up! Go GMen!!! 

6 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

They’re getting in an early morning light workout & stretching today at Bluefield University per their FB page. They’re ready to win! GMen have to bring their A game and pound them every second! Never let up! Go GMen!!! 

That's one of the reasons for their success.  They prepare for their opponents very well and put in the extra time.  

21 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Just saw the facebook post.  Dang, they just take over when they go on the road.  Working out in the weightroom of Bluefield University, practicing on Graham's Home field,  gotta give them credit, they make sure they can prepare.  They come in like they already own the place.

2 minutes ago, JDHoss said:

Aren't the tickets supposed to be on Gofan? I just went there and it says "no events" scheduled.

Yes, but the VHSL has also sent a couple of card readers to the game.  GHS posted that if you are unable to buy tickets on GoFan or don't want to use GoFan, that you can purchase tickets at the gate with a credit card or debit card (home side only).

20 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Just saw the facebook post.  Dang, they just take over when they go on the road.  Working out in the weightroom of Bluefield University, practicing on Graham's Home field,  gotta give them credit, they make sure they can prepare.  They come in like they already own the place.

I could be wrong but I think when they came to us in 2017 they worked out/practiced at UVA-Wise. Didn’t really have a problem with any of it. 

4 minutes ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

I could be wrong but I think when they came to us in 2017 they worked out/practiced at UVA-Wise. Didn’t really have a problem with any of it. 

What that tells me is......With Appo able to practice, working out on the road, practicing on the opponents home fields.........that's excellent communication and coordination by the Appo coaching staff which speaks to great leadership which speaks to great coaching.  Those little things like that are those off the field things that pile up over the long haul and even though not directly x's and o's, they are attributes of great coaching.  Got give em credit.

26 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

They are just trying to get inside of our heads and have us lose track of what we need to do. Just focus on the game not on the small BS they are doing on the side