Graham - Appomattox Saturday at 2 PM

Bluefield researcher

Good Morning, 

Graham High School will host Appomattox High School in the Class 2 VHSL State Football Semi-finals on Saturday, December 3rd at 2:00 p.m. This will be a GOFAN online ticket event. No tickets will be sold at the gate.  The cost of tickets will be $10.00 with a convenience charge of $1.50. Tickets will go on sale Monday evening on GOFAN. Children 6 and under will be admitted free with a paying adult. More information will be shared on social media and to participating schools throughout the week. 

Excellent! Eating at The Railyard is incentive enough to make the trip, but when it's another afternoon game it's even better. Wonder why it's GoFan only? We use the online services for every game we attend and love it, but there was a decent line at the ticket window yesterday for people buying them at the gate. Having ours ready on GoFan probably saved us 10 minutes. 

The only bad thing about Go-Fan is when the cell signal gets jammed. If there’s a good crowd at Mitchell there may be trouble getting in. 

I went to Hoover-Thompson game last year in Alabama, which was a Go-Fan only event, and there were 15k+ to show up. Everyone’s cell signal was jammed and it was a huge mess trying to get in the game. Folks had to keep getting out of line because they couldn’t get their tickets to load.

Go-Fan should adopt a way to have their tickets offline. Adding them to your apple wallet would make a lot more sense.

3 minutes ago, EH31 said:

The only bad thing about Go-Fan is when the cell signal gets jammed. If there’s a good crowd at Mitchell there may be trouble getting in. 

I went to Hoover-Thompson game last year in Alabama, which was a Go-Fan only event, and there were 15k+ to show up. Everyone’s cell signal was jammed and it was a huge mess trying to get in the game. Folks had to keep getting out of line because they couldn’t get their tickets to load.

Go-Fan should adopt a way to have their tickets offline. Adding them to your apple wallet would make a lot more sense.

I usually buy from home then pull it up before I go to the stadium. Never had a problem.

21 minutes ago, rvtne216 said:

Digital tickets suck.

Should be an option for all games but never required.  The tacked on fee is what is a joke to me.  Sure you have to go here to buy tickets but never mind the little convenience  fee that we add on to there.  Should discount $.50 to inspire people to use it instead or at least add $1 to the manual ticket process

Everyone should be aware that may not know that this is from the VHSL not a decision by Graham High School to only sell tickets online. This is the same for all VHSL state playoff games, online tickets only. We must never forget, with the VHSL it comes down to the almighty $$$! 

46 minutes ago, land_rider said:

What about our Veterans , do they still get in free ? 

I was told as long as it's a tazewell county home game then yes. But I'd double check anyway

10 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Everyone should be aware that may not know that this is from the VHSL not a decision by Graham High School to only sell tickets online. This is the same for all VHSL state playoff games, online tickets only. We must never forget, with the VHSL it comes down to the almighty $$$! 

Bingo.  This prevents schools from under counting their attendance and the VHSL missing their full cut.

14 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the VHSL take home 100% of those ticket sales as well?

If I remember correctly when it gets to this point of the season the schools themselves see very little money come in, which is sad considering how many more fans come out this time of the season and how much money some of these high schools miss out on.