Mountain 7 final / all district

bearforce1

Now that ridgeview is done. that has wrapped up the mountain 7s journey in the playoffs. good showing by Mtn 7 all around. exciting season. All district should be interesting if coaches do right by the kids and don’t play the “vote for mine and i’ll vote for yours” game. but unlikely lol. thoughts? Should be mostly ridgeview, gate city, some union, some abingdon, a little central, little lee, don’t know abt battle. hate the way things have went for them lately but oh well. 

12 hours ago, Backpack said:

Cannon Hill should be M7 player of the year if it’s done right. I’d like to see his final stats for the season 

Agree, possibly even offense but beevers or oquinn might squeeze it out just to give other player chance. 

I know this is probably unpopular but I think Beavers is probably better than Hill given the chance to play. He’s definitely faster. If it’s about stats then it should go to the player with the best stats. I guess that’s the most unbiased way to do it. 

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

I know this is probably unpopular but I think Beavers is probably better than Hill given the chance to play. He’s definitely faster. If it’s about stats then it should go to the player with the best stats. I guess that’s the most unbiased way to do it. 

Imo, it's not close, and no offense to Hill who is AWEsome. I just think Beavers is D1, and the coverage Beavers faced against Graham was coverage he had several times in the year, which left Hill and Counts with more 1 on 1 opportunities, and chances for big yards, especially when Ridgeview had an offensive OC and HC that seemingly wasn't the best at in game adjustments.

5 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Imo, it's not close, snd no offense to Hill who is AWEsome. I just think Beavers is D1, and the coverage Beavers faced against Graham was coverage he had several times in the year, which left Hill and Counts with more 1 on 1 opportunities, and chances for big yards, especially when Ridgeview had an offensive OC and HV that seemingly wasn't the best at in game adjustments.

I agree that Beavers is the better overall player; however, Hill was the one they went to on the 3rd and 4th and short plays. It was that way with the last staff to

14 minutes ago, FoxTrot said:

The 1 live game I have seen both play, I walked away saying Hill is a much better overall player that plays much harder.  Beavers may have potential and speed, but I am picking Hill, and it isn’t close!!!

To each is their own, and diversity of opinions is what makes this board great.

Definitely a close one. Don’t envy the coaches making the decision between the two of them. I came to say that my pick would be Hill, then I started thinking and changed my mind to Beavers. Still not positive. Can they have two? Seriously? I’d have to call it a tie if I made the decision. I feel like beavers is the more hard nosed of the two, but hill is more technically skilled. Both great players overall. 

1 hour ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Imo, it's not close, and no offense to Hill who is AWEsome. I just think Beavers is D1, and the coverage Beavers faced against Graham was coverage he had several times in the year, which left Hill and Counts with more 1 on 1 opportunities, and chances for big yards, especially when Ridgeview had an offensive OC and HC that seemingly wasn't the best at in game adjustments.

You say that.. but Hill is the one of those two that actually has a D1 offer 

2 hours ago, Wolf1207 said:

I agree that Beavers is the better overall player; however, Hill was the one they went to on the 3rd and 4th and short plays. It was that way with the last staff to

Beavers is technically an outsider with his family being from Richlands not originally from Dickenson County. I know absolutely zero about if politics plays any part in athletics there but maybe that comes into play when choosing which one to use on 3rd & 4th downs and short plays. 

There has to be a reason Beavers is one that often gets double and even triple covered by opposing teams. He’s a threat to other teams!

@EH31 I reference to D1 offers;
Perhaps the coaches at Ridgeview haven’t been promoting Beavers as a possible D1 recruit like they have Hill. Maybe the coaches didn’t appreciate Beavers checking out Richlands during the off season (That came from a Richlands person) & they chose not to utilize him as much as Hill. That’s only conjecture on my part , I have no insider info. nor do I have a dog in the M7 All District fight. Like @BandanaVTDavis4321 said we’re all entitled to our own opinions and I still think Beavers is the better of the two but Hill is no less deserving by the same token. 

55 minutes ago, EH31 said:

You say that.. but Hill is the one of those two that actually has a D1 offer 

I didn't know Hill had a D1 offer, but it's well deserved. He's solid, but I just think Beavers is better. Gridiron60, you wrote about the possibility of RV coaches not promoting Beavers. Well, more on that will come out over the next 2 months. Let me just say this...it's so bad that Tony Palmer and Graham are likely going to take the lead or play a big part in Beavers recruiting.  

1 hour ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I didn't know Hill had a D1 offer, but it's well deserved. He's solid, but I just think Beavers is better. Gridiron60, you wrote about the possibility of RV coaches not promoting Beavers. Well, more on that will come out over the next 2 months. Let me just say this...it's so bad that Tony Palmer and Graham are likely going to take the lead or play a big part in Beavers recruiting.  

9:12

6 of 12

Mountain 7

Football superlatives released

Offensive player of the year: Brandon Beavers, Ridgeview

Defensive player of the year: Cannon Hill, Ridgeview

Coach of the year: Dewayne Stanley, Ridgeview

FIRST TEAM, OFFENSE

Quarterback: Ryan 'Quinn, Ridgeview, Soph.

Center: Eli Singleton, Abingdon, Sr.

Offensive line: Elijah Rasnick, Ridgeview, Sr.;

Devin Clark, Gate City, Sr.; Jacob Hamilton, Union, Sr.; Dasean Lucas, Abingdon, Sr.

Running back: Cannon Hill, Ridgeview, Sr.; Ethan Fleming, Gate City, Sr.; Alec Gent, Central, Sr.

Receiver: Brandon Beavers, Ridgeview, Sr.; Brayden Hammonds, Lee High, Sr.; Broadie Bailey, John Battle, Jr.

Tight end: Brendan Cassidy, Gate City, Sr.

Kicker: Ricky Onate, Central, Sr.

Kick returner: Broadie Bailey, John Battle, Jr.

All-purpose: Reyshawn Anderson, Union, Jr.; Luke Honaker, Abingdon, Soph.

FIRST TEAM, DEFENSE

Defensive line: Elijah Rasnick, Ridgeview, Sr.; Zach Hall, Union, Sr.; Dasean Lucas, Abingdon, Sr.; Brady Sturgill, Central, Sr.

Defensive end: Walker Lester, Ridgeview, Sr;

Brendan Cassidy Gate City, Sr.

Linebacker: Cannon Hill, Ridgeview, Sr.; Mason Hickman, Gate City, Fr.; Izaak Keith, Union, Jr.; Alex Hawkins, Abingdon, Soph.; Connor Roop, Lee High, Sr.

Defensive back: Koda Counts, Ridgeview, Sr.; Paul Huff, Union, Fr.Luke Honaker, Abingdon, Soph.

Punter: Brandon Beavers, Ridgeview, Sr.

Punt returner: Brandon Beavers, Ridgeview, Sr.

All_nurnaco• Iohnn Catterfield TInian Sr

9:13

Punt returner: Brandon Beavers, Ridgeview, Sr.

All-purpose: Johnny Satterfield, Union, Sr.

6 of 12 D TEAM, OFFENSE

yuanwrback: Brynnen Pendergraft, Lee High, Soph.

Center: Casey Mooneyhan, Lee High, Jr.

Offensive lineman: Zach Owens, Ridgeview, Sr.;

Cameron Dolan, Gate City, Sr.; Zach Hall, Union, Sr.; Austin Clevinger, Central, Jr.; Carson Willis, Lee High, Sr.

Running back: Johnny Satterfield, Union, Sr.; Alex Hawkins, Abingdon, Soph.; Grayson Huff, Lee High,

Jr.

Receiver: Koda Counts, Ridgeview, Sr.; Eli McMurray, Gate City, Jr.; Konner Early, Lee High, Fr.

Tight end: Owen Amos, Central, Soph.

Kicker: Will Harmon, Union, Sr.

Kick returner: Konner Early, Lee High, Fr.

All-purpose: Braeden Church, Central, Sr.

SECOND TEAM, DEFENSE

Lineman: Logan Moore, Lee High, Soph.; Austin Clevinger, Central, Jr. Jesse Owens, John Battle, Jr.

Defensive end: Gabe Sneed, Union, Sr.; Kadin Hounshell, Abingdon, Sr.

Linebacker: Branson Honker, Ridgeview, Soph;

Ian Hartsock, Ridgeview, Sr; Keith Chandler, Union, Fr.; Andrew Rutherford, Lee High, Soph.; Jude Davis, Central, Soph.

Defensive back: Brandon Beavers, Ridgeview, Sr.;

Kam Bostic, Union, Fr.; Brayden Emerson, John Battle, Jr.; Cody Deel, Ridgeview, Sr.

Punter: Luke Honaker, Abingdon, Soph.

Punter returner: Konner Early, Lee High, Fr.; Nate West, Central, Soph.

All-purpose: Ethan Fleming, Gate City, Sr.

HONORABLE MENTION, OFFENSE:

Ridgeview: Hunter Goodman, Chance Fleming, Walker Lester, Ian Hartsock, Connor Smith Union: Tyler Reynolds, Tanner Bishop, AJ Johnson, Jacob Horton, Peyton Honeycutt, Keith Chandler, Kam Bostic, Dakota Houston, Jace Cochran Central: Brady Sturgill, Zeke Burnham, Brandon Hobbs, Dane Elkins, Shawn Phillips

Gate City: Luke Bledsoe, Bret Baker, Wyatt Hall, David Doran, Harper Dorton

Abingdon: Noah Gilliam, Kadin Hounshell, Gate Crabtree, Isaac Doss, Aidan Woods, Lucas Brooks, Toby Reid

Lee High: Ethan Brock, Hayden Hobbs, Ian Hines, Ethan Dinsmore

John Battle: Ryan Mix, Jesse Owens, Christian Bowlin, Landon Odum, Drake Houser, Izaya Selz

^ dickensonstar.com

Tough Decision on that one, Hard not to vote for Gate City.  I guess you have to win it, lol.  Everyone expected them to be tougher this year and I believe they went above and beyond that but ordinarily  it goes to #1 in the district without much argument.  Truth be told, Housewright probably said he didn't want it because he didn't win the district.   

8 minutes ago, S10SQUAREBODY4LIFE said:

Tough Decision on that one, Hard not to vote for Gate City.  I guess you have to win it, lol.  Everyone expected them to be tougher this year and I believe they went above and beyond that but ordinarily  it goes to #1 in the district without much argument.  Truth be told, Housewright probably said he didn't want it because he didn't win the district.   

I agree with this.  One coach achieved what he should have or even slightly less than expected and one achieved significantly more.  Which coaching performance had the most impact on his team’s performance?  We over value the wins too often. Tough call on this one.

3 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

I agree with this.  One coach achieved what he should have or even slightly less than expected and one achieved significantly more.  Which coaching performance had the most impact on his team’s performance?  We over value the wins too often. Tough call on this one.

Completely agree.  Houseright could have taken the kids at Ridgeview and done just as good or better.  No way does Stanley do as good at Gate City.

21 minutes ago, Observer said:

Completely agree.  Houseright could have taken the kids at Ridgeview and done just as good or better.  No way does Stanley do as good at Gate City.

I also think Lee’s coach could have taken the RV team and done big things as well.  At least on the offensive side.

5 hours ago, stu_bean said:

Just my opinion but in the game against us, I thought Hill was much more of a beast on offense.  Not taking anything away from Beavers but if you lost one of the two players, I think Hill is the greater loss.

Not, 

It was a matchup issue on a freshman. Was  corrected and he was blanketed the rest of the game by a LB.