Mountain 7 final / all district

bearforce1

16 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Beavers is technically an outsider with his family being from Richlands not originally from Dickenson County. I know absolutely zero about if politics plays any part in athletics there but maybe that comes into play when choosing which one to use on 3rd & 4th downs and short plays. 

There has to be a reason Beavers is one that often gets double and even triple covered by opposing teams. He’s a threat to other teams!

@EH31 I reference to D1 offers;
Perhaps the coaches at Ridgeview haven’t been promoting Beavers as a possible D1 recruit like they have Hill. Maybe the coaches didn’t appreciate Beavers checking out Richlands during the off season (That came from a Richlands person) & they chose not to utilize him as much as Hill. That’s only conjecture on my part , I have no insider info. nor do I have a dog in the M7 All District fight. Like @BandanaVTDavis4321 said we’re all entitled to our own opinions and I still think Beavers is the better of the two but Hill is no less deserving by the same token. 

@Gridiron60 Pretty keen insight from a distance and pretty accurate.  The RV coaches were contented to use Beavers as a decoy and really struggled to game plan him to get the ball.  Hell, they never really tried. They didn’t use Counts enough either but they at least seemed to have a roll for him.  Ask Graham and Union’s DC’s who they game planned to stop.  
There was no football based reason to not try to get the fastest kid on the field the ball more than 4 times a game.  Your analysis hits close to home.

38 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

@Gridiron60 Pretty keen insight from a distance and pretty accurate.  The RV coaches were contented to use Beavers as a decoy and really struggled to game plan him to get the ball.  Hell, they never really tried. They didn’t use Counts enough either but they at least seemed to have a roll for him.  Ask Graham and Union’s DC’s who they game planned to stop.  
There was no football based reason to not try to get the fastest kid on the field the ball more than 4 times a game.  Your analysis hits close to home.

Union definitely tried to stop the pass. Guess they didn't realize that Ridgeview would run the ball when they dropped 7-8 guys into coverage. That was very tricky of the Wolfpack, and very unfair to our DC. Sad! 😂

I don’t have a dog in this M7 fight as I stated but no disrespect to Coach Stanley but Coach Houseright was definitely more deserving in my opinion. It’s sort of archaic if Coach of the Year automatically goes to district winner when another coach exceeded expectations and brought his team into contention when no one could have predicted that preseason. It’s just my personal opinion & isn’t worth a hill of beans. Had Coach Stanley taken Graham to the woodshed, then I might be on board with him as COY. 

On 11/30/2022 at 9:56 AM, SwvaOG said:

I agree with this.  One coach achieved what he should have or even slightly less than expected and one achieved significantly more.  Which coaching performance had the most impact on his team’s performance?  We over value the wins too often. Tough call on 

I agree with this.  One coach achieved what he should have or even slightly less than expected and one achieved significantly more.  Which coaching performance had the most impact on his team’s performance?  We over value the wins too often. Tough call on this one.

I think we could have won the district without a coach based on the talent we had.   I also thought Houseright should have gotten it  

I agree with this.  One coach achieved what he should have or even slightly less than expected and one achieved significantly more.  Which coaching performance had the most impact on his team’s performance?  We over value the wins too often. Tough call on this one.

I think we could have won the district without a coach based on the talent we had.   I also thought Houseright should have gotten it  

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

I can't argue with Houseright being COY, but I think Carrol is a close 2nd if we are talking about building a program. Lee was a missed 2 pt conversion away from being the #3 seed in Reg D.

Good point. Houseright did great, we saw that in person a couple times but Carrol may be a close 2nd if not the COY. 

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

The most outlandish rumor I've heard so far is him staying at Ridgeview. 😂

If I were Union, I’d reach out and gauge interest.  The kid needs to throw it 20-25 times a game.  Ridgeview had an embarrassment of WR riches and wouldn’t let him do that.  With all that WR talent gone, they are just going to have him hand it off or run it next year and it will be another lost year of development.  I’d like to see him finish his career with the Pack but I don’t think that is in his best interest as a QB aspiring to play at the next level. 

49 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

If I were Union, I’d reach out and gauge interest.  The kid needs to throw it 20-25 times a game.  Ridgeview had an embarrassment of WR riches and wouldn’t let him do that.  With all that WR talent gone, they are just going to have him hand it off or run it next year and it will be another lost year of development.  I’d like to see him finish his career with the Pack but I don’t think that is in his best interest as a QB aspiring to play at the next level. 

The kid needs to get out of there.  

50 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

Don't know anything concrete, but the interest is there.

Get the family jobs in Kingsport, and he can come live in/near Gate City.  🤑🤑  Luke can slot in at halfback and be and experienced replacement for Fleming (though I think we got a good stable of RB guys that can step up as is).  GC's gotta extend the shelf life of the QB position as best as possible -- and bringing in a rising junior would give us an extra year of talent under center than we're facing right now.

All depends on whether we got the wherewithal to get that done, and whether that family even would want to move that far from where they're at.  But we definitely oughta be scouting...

(not to mention:  We prolly need to be tryna get 2 or 3 O-line transfers, as well)

9 hours ago, Queue said:

Get the family jobs in Kingsport, and he can come live in/near Gate City.  🤑🤑  Luke can slot in at halfback and be and experienced replacement for Fleming (though I think we got a good stable of RB guys that can step up as is).  GC's gotta extend the shelf life of the QB position as best as possible -- and bringing in a rising junior would give us an extra year of talent under center than we're facing right now.

All depends on whether we got the wherewithal to get that done, and whether that family even would want to move that far from where they're at.  But we definitely oughta be scouting...

(not to mention:  We prolly need to be tryna get 2 or 3 O-line transfers, as well)

Don't worry you got plenty of Sullivan County kids already.