Required yearly request time.

Vol Hater

2 minutes ago, UnionFella23 said:

Probably can’t fire them due to county rules. Should just demote those two and let people who have more of a winning interest instead of getting certain kids on the fields and not making adjustments 

In most counties, the head coach decides who his assistants will be & principal submits the list for board approval; does Coach Turner not have that same discretion? 

People(coaches) forget it's a business.  Business is achieved by productivity.  When production isn't meeting desired standards, boss addresses issue(s). When deficiencies aren't fixed,  coach does it his damn self.  Set an example, for higher standards and accountability.  All to often we tend to overlook the simplicity of the system and turn high school Foosball into a university. This probably fits a lot of schools in the region. No one wants to be good,  be great!

13 hours ago, Dawg01 said:

For the love of football. Travis please fire 20 of those coaches including well you know Bostic and Edward's. No more daddy ball.........

It is easy to say fire 20 or those coaches but which ones are you referring to and why? Also who is he going to bring in to replace them? At the end of the day there is a ton of experience on that staff and they have had sustained success for several years now. 

15 minutes ago, SXSW said:

Fire them all and disband your football program for 12 months. Signed the remaining schools in the Mountain 7. Wise Central, Lee High, John S. Battle, Abingdon, Ridgeview, Gate City!

I second this notion. Let Turner have that much deserved long vacation. Haha

Union will be back at the top next season and all the wailing and gnashing of teeth will subside until Graham knocks them out of the playoffs in the Region D championship game.  The irony is that if Ridgeview had Union's DC they would have had a shot last week.  Lol.  I highly doubt he would have allowed Graham 400+ rushing yards.  

Funny, last year he gave up 48 points to Graham in the playoffs

46 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

Union will be back at the top next season and all the wailing and gnashing of teeth will subside until Graham knocks them out of the playoffs in the Region D championship game.  The irony is that if Ridgeview had Union's DC they would have had a shot last week.  Lol.  I highly doubt he would have allowed Graham 400+ rushing yards.  

2 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

That’s the crazy thing about last week, every person watching in the stands knew what was coming when Clements was in wildcat position and Ridgeview was helpless to stop him, basically no adjustments. Graham won’t have that luxury against Appo. I haven’t watched them enough to know how well they can stop the power run but luckily Graham has several more options to help move the ball. I’m interested to see how Graham’s D-line handles Pennix & the QB for Appo. Graham’s D-Line is tough as nails and can wear down offenses. 

8 hours ago, that one guy said:

It is easy to say fire 20 or those coaches but which ones are you referring to and why? Also who is he going to bring in to replace them? At the end of the day there is a ton of experience on that staff and they have had sustained success for several years now. 

It's easy to see who needs to go. Keep Calton, Kennedy and his own son Bailey and bring Joel Davis and Jerry Shuler back from twin springs. Give calton or Kennedy defense and watch it improve 100%. But hey these are just my opinions. But in big stone if you speak out or have opinions you get well let's just say not welcomed around no more.

53 minutes ago, Dawg01 said:

It's easy to see who needs to go. Keep Calton, Kennedy and his own son Bailey and bring Joel Davis and Jerry Shuler back from twin springs. Give calton or Kennedy defense and watch it improve 100%. But hey these are just my opinions. But in big stone if you speak out or have opinions you get well let's just say not welcomed around no more.

So you’re a guy who complains on here about Travis bringing in new guys and having too many on the sideline and you’re suggesting he fire all the coaches who have been there for a good while now, give the Defense to a relatively new guy and have 5 assistant coaches. Not to mention finding jobs for those assistant coaches he’s bringing in because all the ones he just fired are still going to be teaching in the building. I guess those decisions are why he’s the head coach and we are on here talking about what we would do. 

3 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

That’s the crazy thing about last week, every person watching in the stands knew what was coming when Clements was in wildcat position and Ridgeview was helpless to stop him, basically no adjustments. Graham won’t have that luxury against Appo. I haven’t watched them enough to know how well they can stop the power run but luckily Graham has several more options to help move the ball. I’m interested to see how Graham’s D-line handles Pennix & the QB for Appo. Graham’s D-Line is tough as nails and can wear down offenses. 

For Graham, use your quickness.  In my opinion, Graham isn't lightening fast in straight line 100 meter stuff, but still very fast, but Appo likely matches up on deep balls.  Graham is stupid-lightening quick, lateral quicks with Clements, Floyd, Watkins, Sawyers, etc, and Appo will have trouble with that so.........short balls....5 and out...7 and in, button hook 10 yards down field and plant......Appo will have a nightmare stopping that.  If Graham goes to the homerun balls and 4 WR's running fly routes or post/flag routes, Appo will play centerfield and pick it off like a softball catch.  For Graham, run the ball and short-intermediate passes and let your athletes run.  Just my opinion.

P.S.  I GUARANTEE you this.... Appo plays one on one coverage and stacks 8 in the box to stop the run and will beg Graham to throw the ball to beat em.  The way Graham does that........short balls.  Creativity.  Put Clements in motion, line up i slot, short ball pass against 8 in the box, and give him those one on one balls to force Appo to remove 8 from the box.

Don't think Graham qb is up for a lot of throws. Good athlete,  but still not sold on him as a true qb.  IMO,  Too slow to be a real threat running this week.  Hope he surprises me though.  good luck,  tuning in on NFHS. would rather see it in person, in the woods defending squirrel food and territory from thieving deer.

3 hours ago, that one guy said:

So you’re a guy who complains on here about Travis bringing in new guys and having too many on the sideline and you’re suggesting he fire all the coaches who have been there for a good while now, give the Defense to a relatively new guy and have 5 assistant coaches. Not to mention finding jobs for those assistant coaches he’s bringing in because all the ones he just fired are still going to be teaching in the building. I guess those decisions are why he’s the head coach and we are on here talking about what we would do. 

Yeah I'm a guy who complains on here. Pretty sure thats my right to do so and my opinion only. Plus it ain't like they are getting let go as teachers and pretty sure most of them coach other sports as well. But it seems to me since this is your 1st topic and post to comment on. You must have ties to the coaching staff. Pretty sure you can get by with about 8 coaches on staff.

15 hours ago, that one guy said:

Kennedy would do a great job on defense, new or not. Newness doesn't always equate to naivety, and experience doesn't always equal to success.

2 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Is Graham the new Richlands? Lol

The problem that Mtn 7 teams will have is there are 4 good locations for a centralized team to get these transfers. Union, Central (if they get off their high horse), GC, and Abingdon. 
I won’t put RV there because of the location of the school. 
I would add Va High to the list, but they mostly use transfers in baseball.