4. Ridgeview

5. Central

1D

1. Lebanon 

2. Twin Springs

3. Chilhowie

4. Eastside

5. Honaker 

I think one could reasonably rank Lebanon #1 in 2D as well right now. Still somewhat early in the season but Honaker beating 2D Central and RV in the tourney only to get manhandled by Lebanon shows that maybe I’ve underestimated the Pioneers all year. 

I think these lists are pretty accurate. I haven’t seen Graham so I’m not sure about them. M7 play starts this upcoming week.

Tuesday:

Battle vs Ridgeview

Central vs Gate City

Lee vs Abingdon 

2D

1. GC

2. Va High

3. Central 

4. Ridgeview

5. Graham

1D

1. Lebanon

2. Twin Springs

3. Eastside

4. Honaker

5. Chilhowie

I would rank honaker over eastside since they’re playing v good ball right now but since Lebanon has beaten them a lot worse I’ll leave them at 4 for this week. Lebanon could go unbeaten during the regular season now that they’ve got their hardest games over with. Maybe Chilhowie might beat them in the district tournament championship but other than that I think it is possible.

5 minutes ago, Tigerman10 said:

Tazewell won-that’s why I was not high on Lebanon at the start of the year

Big Turn of events for the Bulldogs, they lost by 50 the first time they played Lebanon.  They did have a couple of starters out, though.  But yeah, not a good sign for Lebanon going forward.

1 hour ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

Won't be surprised if Graham beats VA High or they split games.

We will find out early next week.  They had good showings against Bluefield and Martinsville, and took Pulaski County to the woodshed.  They are young and prone to make mistakes, it will be interesting to see how they match up with the Bearcats.

19 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

We will find out early next week.  They had good showings against Bluefield and Martinsville, and took Pulaski County to the woodshed.  They are young and prone to make mistakes, it will be interesting to see how they match up with the Bearcats.

First matchup in Bluefield or Bristol?

2 hours ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

First matchup in Bluefield or Bristol?

They are at halftime right now in Bristol and V High is blowing the doors off of Graham.  33-14 at half.  Graham looks completely out of sync and are really showing their youth.  Terrible 2nd quarter, I think they only scored 4 points in the 2nd.

19 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

V- High beats Graham 65-51.  New sheriff in town in the southwest district.

If Graham loses Tuesday, they’re definitely in trouble this season, lol. I think a lot of it has to do with the youth of the team. By the end of the season, they should be much improved. 🤞

18 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Graham falls to 1-4 with a 40-30 loss to Poca today.  

Rough schedule so far, things will get easier from this point on.  Still have to play Martinsville, Bluefield and V-High again.  Would be nice to see them upset one of those 3.

I've seen on their schedule they're playing Jefferson Forest too. Don't know much about them but that's a 4A maybe 3A school near the Lynchburg area. I'm sure they'll be pretty decent.

On 1/7/2023 at 8:55 PM, BBHoops_18 said:

I've seen on their schedule they're playing Jefferson Forest too. Don't know much about them but that's a 4A maybe 3A school near the Lynchburg area. I'm sure they'll be pretty decent.

Yeah, that's a pretty big school.  Could be another tough one.  Graham has a good team, they are young and they have played a monster schedule so far.  If they get out of this season with 7 to 9 losses, that will be a good outcome for this team.

On 1/10/2023 at 10:13 PM, Stelley said:

Lee with an upset over central tonight. Lebanon with another beat down of a hogo team (chilhowie)

Looked like one of Central’s starters and contributors had a sling on his right arm and did not play. That probably didn’t help. I was thinking Central was going to be the best out of the bottom 4 (Central, Lee, Union, Battle) however, with them sitting at 0-5 in the district, every game matters from now on if they want to play in the region. 

John Battle played Gate City pretty tough the other night as well.