Central Woodstock vs Graham

Gridiron60

1 minute ago, Gfan said:

Graham needs to watch the HB pass from #14. CW ran it earlier in the year and it wouldn’t surprise me if they try and sneak a score with it again.

Tony and his coaching staff will need to preach to the corners to not get caught up in tendencies. It's going to be a game of who limits mistakes. 

Watching Central Woodstock, they remind me a lot of Union when they had Pollier. This game will come down to how well Graham can stop the run and if Clements can get free when Graham is on Offense. There also seems to be plays to be made throwing the ball over the top on Central but this has been a struggle for Graham this year. This should be a heck of a game. 

55 minutes ago, Gfan said:

Watching Central Woodstock, they remind me a lot of Union when they had Pollier. This game will come down to how well Graham can stop the run and if Clements can get free when Graham is on Offense. There also seems to be plays to be made throwing the ball over the top on Central but this has been a struggle for Graham this year. This should be a heck of a game. 

If Graham can stop the run it's going to come down to those 1 on 1s down the field. CW can pass. We have to respect that. 

5 hours ago, Graham32 said:

If Graham can stop the run it's going to come down to those 1 on 1s down the field. CW can pass. We have to respect that. 

Yes, they are a well balanced team.  I think they are a run first team, but are very capable of throwing it when they need to.  Stopping the run won't be an easy task, they have 3 RB's that are pretty good.  #40 hits the hole hard on most plays.  # 23 and # 21 are both shifty and have decent speed.  The QB is tall and has a good arm and can escape pressure.  That team has all of the pieces.  I think Graham must win the battle at the line of scrimmage to win this game.

I think this game will come down to big plays by Graham.  i suspect some or most feel the LOS will be where it's won because both teams are very powerful and strong up front.  This leads me to believe it's kind of a wash up front and there will be lots of time eatin up on the clock.  Big plays is actually where its one in my opinion, not the line of scrimmage.  I think it's a Graham where Graham doesn't drive as methodically or easily on the ground as most of their games, but Graham will have huge big plays.

Watch for Graham to hit some home runs in the passing game.  Only my opinion.  I think Graham has lots of punts and quick hitting touchdowns with fewer 60 yds drives where they get 5 or 6 first downs before scoring.  I think Graham capitalizes and makes more of these big plays than Central.

2 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I think this game will come down to big plays by Graham.  i suspect some or most feel the LOS will be where it's won because both teams are very powerful and strong up front.  This leads me to believe it's kind of a wash up front and there will be lots of time eatin up on the clock.  Big plays is actually where its one in my opinion, not the line of scrimmage.  I think it's a Graham where Graham doesn't drive as methodically or easily on the ground as most of their games, but Graham will have huge big plays.

Watch for Graham to hit some home runs in the passing game.  Only my opinion.  I think Graham has lots of punts and quick hitting touchdowns with fewer 60 yds drives where they get 5 or 6 first downs before scoring.  I think Graham capitalizes and makes more of these big plays than Central.

I hope you’re right! I don’t care the final score as long as the GMen have a single point more than the Falcons when the clock hits 00:00! The majority of this team knows what it feels like to fall short of that title and I don’t think they want that to happen again. They’ll be dialed in and ready…just have to play their best game of the season as mistake free as possible. I’m not saying it will be cakewalk or we even win but I do think they have a good chance at winning if they play tough & smart! I’m just glad we’re healthy this go around. 

BandanaVTDavis4321 I hope your prediction is correct. I enjoy reading your takes on the games each week. I'm with Gridiron60 if Graham has one more point than Central at the end of the game. I will be perfectly fine with it. 

After last year I refuse to make an assessment on this game. I learned my lesson. 😂

12 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

BandanaVTDavis4321 I hope your prediction is correct. I enjoy reading your takes on the games each week. I'm with Gridiron60 if Graham has one more point than Central at the end of the game. I will be perfectly fine with it. 

After last year I refuse to make an assessment on this game. I learned my lesson. 😂

Thanks man, I enjoy your takes as well.  Yep, lot easier for me to make a pick or give an assessment when my Spartans aren't in it.  It's been a while, but when Giles is in a big one late in the playoffs, I just don't have much comment either.  It's to nerve racking, but it's been so dang long for us, I would love to be nerve racked and have the opportunity to be nervous about a big game at state level.

20 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Thanks man, I enjoy your takes as well.  Yep, lot easier for me to make a pick or give an assessment when my Spartans aren't in it.  It's been a while, but when Giles is in a big one late in the playoffs, I just don't have much comment either.  It's to nerve racking, but it's been so dang long for us, I would love to be nerve racked and have the opportunity to be nervous about a big game at state level.

I been a nervous wreck all week and it’s only Tuesday lol. 

24 minutes ago, Graham32 said:

I been a nervous wreck all week and it’s only Tuesday lol. 

Me too! No prediction on this one. No jinx’s or whammy’s . I think VTDavis is very accurate on most of evaluations. The thing is , at the end of the day , these are kids. How do they handle the moment? I always felt like you learn more about kids in high leverage moments than ordinary games. It gets no higher than the title on the line. 

2 hours ago, FootballFan77 said:

https://cardinalnews.org/2022/12/07/graham-bids-for-a-state-championship-and-an-undefeated-season/?fbclid=IwAR2bpjPH5sB68iQvKKJbs8GkufhTvE1K_3X3jPAlTN8K_GTYAQuwD3GWdyQ

Looks like Graham got to practice at VT indoor facility last night. Great experience for these young men. 

Those kids will remember that for the rest of their lives. Heck of an opportunity 

Radio team from Central’s area here- check out our podcast on Centrals last game and a brief look ahead at the State Championship. https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/sports-dogs-podcast/id1651944660?i=1000589248442

Looking forward to the call, should be a great game!

Join us at theriver953.com or streaming on the TuneIn Radio App, search The River 95.3 to listen to the broadcast. Coverage starts at 4:10. 

17 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

Snake is a helluva a DB coach and won’t let that happen.  The DBs know their jobs.

We can only hope they preach it this week. This team likes to use play action. 

3 hours ago, FootballFan77 said:

https://cardinalnews.org/2022/12/07/graham-bids-for-a-state-championship-and-an-undefeated-season/?fbclid=IwAR2bpjPH5sB68iQvKKJbs8GkufhTvE1K_3X3jPAlTN8K_GTYAQuwD3GWdyQ

Looks like Graham got to practice at VT indoor facility last night. Great experience for these young men. 

Heck they could use it the whole week, ain't nobody else needing it. bahahahaha  

Poor Ol Tech, hope they get better.

Snake Palmer puts the pressure on an offense, then adjusts from there. That's his usual over they years. Here is what I mean...

Central, when they line up trips left or right, whichever side, many coaches would think, "Big game, it's early, let's put a safety over the top to be safe." Palmer is different in that he will likely force the action. Meaning, don't be surprised if he plays with help Only underneath and not over the top to start the game, putting emphasis on immediately stopping the run, then adjusting from there if need be.

Most coaches will start out playing a safety over the top, and then if they can't stop the run, they will walk another DB into the box, as they initially are scared to death to get beat long. Not Palmer. Central has gashed people on the ground all year, and then they set up the pass, usually play action, after the defense has been forced to put 8 in the box. Do not be surprised if Graham starts with 8 in the box, and then if easily stopping the run, backing off to only 7 in the box. Snake does it a bit different and he's dam$ good at what he does. 

6 hours ago, R4d said:

Radio team from Central’s area here- check out our podcast on Centrals last game and a brief look ahead at the State Championship. https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/sports-dogs-podcast/id1651944660?i=1000589248442

Join us at theriver953.com or streaming on the TuneIn Radio App, search The River 95.3 to listen to the broadcast. Coverage starts at 4:10. 

Good podcast R4d. You guys did your research on Graham. Safe travels coming down I-81 to Salem on Saturday.

6 hours ago, R4d said:

Nice job! Enjoyed listening! Thanks for sharing! 

1 hour ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Snake Palmer puts the pressure on an offense, then adjusts from there. That's his usual over they years. Here is what I mean...

Central, when they line up trips left or right, whichever side, many coaches would think, "Big game, it's early, let's put a safety over the top to be safe." Palmer is different in that he will likely force the action. Meaning, don't be surprised if he plays with help Only underneath and not over the top to start the game, putting emphasis on immediately stopping the run, then adjusting from there if need be.

Most coaches will start out playing a safety over the top, and then if they can't stop the run, they will walk another DB into the box, as they initially are scared to death to get beat long. Not Palmer. Central has gashed people on the ground all year, and then they set up the pass, usually play action, after the defense has been forced to put 8 in the box. Do not be surprised if Graham starts with 8 in the box, and then if easily stopping the run, backing off to only 7 in the box. Snake does it a bit different and he's dam$ good at what he does. 

I think Yew will try to take shots at us down the field. They will make us respect both aspects of their offense. Our cornerbacks will have to play lights out if we want to stand a chance. 

30 minutes ago, Graham32 said:

I think Yew will try to take shots at us down the field. They will make us respect both aspects of their offense. Our cornerbacks will have to play lights out if we want to stand a chance. 

Their QB has a good arm and he has the ability to escape pressure and dump it off too.  I think their M.O. has been to try to establish the run first, but they are certainly capable of tossing the ball around.   Stopping #40 will not be that easy, even if you win the battle at the line, that kid hits the hole at full speed and he's bring about 230 lbs with him (Listed at 219 - I don't believe that for a minute).   They have won impressively the last 2 weeks as the playoffs have went on, they seem to have gotten better with each round.

Their DE is similar in size to Connor Roberts and much like Roberts is a handful also.  He will cause problems for Graham's O - Line.  

Can't wait, this should be a great matchup.  Hoping for Graham to have at least one more point when all of the dust is settled.

1 hour ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Their QB has a good arm and he has the ability to escape pressure and dump it off too.  I think their M.O. has been to try to establish the run first, but they are certainly capable of tossing the ball around.   Stopping #40 will not be that easy, even if you win the battle at the line, that kid hits the hole at full speed and he's bring about 230 lbs with him (Listed at 219 - I don't believe that for a minute).   They have won impressively the last 2 weeks as the playoffs have went on, they seem to have gotten better with each round.

Their DE is similar in size to Connor Roberts and much like Roberts is a handful also.  He will cause problems for Graham's O - Line.  

Can't wait, this should be a great matchup.  Hoping for Graham to have at least one more point when all of the dust is settled.

That’s what I’m seeing on the film. They are going to pound the rock until we stop it then play action out of it. Should be fun to see how Graham’s defense does against them. 

3 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Excellent take. He may never get the credit he deserves, but if there was a Hall of Fame or award for assistant coach, he deserves a spot for his career. This style probably works better now with the athletes on the back end being better suited not to get beat deep.

I have watched 6 CW  games now. Like everyone has mentioned they have a very good line and their strength is the power run game. I actually think Graham has the athletes to match up with them man to man on the passing game. Most of their completions are more contested catches which should be more difficult against Graham’s DBs. A lot has been said about the CW and King William game being closer than the champ game last year. KW’s rb gashed them on the ground last year. Once he reached the 2nd level they couldn’t catch him. He finished the game with over 350 yards on the ground. This gives me hope that Clements can do the same.   CW seems to struggle to defend the edge at times. However the teams they have played lacked the speed to really make them pay with long runs. I have been wrong plenty but I like Graham 35-21. Should be a great game and I am looking forward to it.