Central Woodstock vs Graham

Gridiron60

From the film it looks like Graham by 10 or more.  If G-men can cut down the penalties, and play position defense, they should be bringing back the trophy.  Hope all who travel to the game are safe and all players escape injury.  From a True Blue Richlands fan, I'm saying, "Come on G-men, go get that championship!!!"

6 hours ago, Westisthebest said:

Im gonna say close for a half. Central 34-21

I’ve determined you’re using reverse psychology trying to get GMen motivated to prove you wrong 😂😂😂. I agree CW has some speed but they don’t have Clements kind of speed. 🤞 Fingers crossed Graham pulls off the win! I think if they limit penalties & win the turnover battle, they will get the 💍! I really think they’re more battle tested & played a harder schedule but I could be wrong. 

8 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I’ve determined you’re using reverse psychology trying to get GMen motivated to prove you wrong 😂😂😂. I agree CW has some speed but they don’t have Clements kind of speed. 🤞 Fingers crossed Graham pulls off the win! I think if they limit penalties & win the turnover battle, they will get the 💍! I really think they’re more battle tested & played a harder schedule but I could be wrong. 

We have to respect they have a big full back but can't get caught loading the box so much they beat us over the top. This game will not be easy. They have tons of seniors and they know what it's like to lose in a big game just as well as we do. Our coaches will need to dial it in this week and get them prepared mentally and physically. You get to this point there are no bad teams. 

4 minutes ago, Graham32 said:

We have to respect they have a big full back but can't get caught loading the box so much they beat us over the top. This game will not be easy. They have tons of seniors and they know what it's like to lose in a big game just as well as we do. Our coaches will need to dial it in this week and get them prepared mentally and physically. You get to this point there are no bad teams. 

Absolutely, I’m not discounting their talent. They wouldn’t be in Salem unless they were tough as nails. I just hope our boys play harder & smarter. I think our coaches will have them dialed in and focused. I trust our coaches to come up with a game plan to counter their best playmakers. 🤞

1 hour ago, SWVAgridiron said:

In my gut I feel like Graham wins by 14+, however, I also said there was no way a run team could beat Graham last year and KW took them to the woodshed. Imma just keep my mouth shut and pray that either Graham or GW brings a title back to SWVA. 

Did you not watch any film on KW last year? I knew going into it if we didn't contain Claiborne we were in for a long day. They were stacked. We probably came into last years game over confident IMO.

We need to stay level headed this year. CW has decent speed.

58 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

In my gut I feel like Graham wins by 14+, however, I also said there was no way a run team could beat Graham last year and KW took them to the woodshed. Imma just keep my mouth shut and pray that either Graham or GW brings a title back to SWVA. 

I hope Graham & George Wythe both can bring a win home for SWVA! The major difference for Graham this year is our QB isn’t handicapped with a broken fibula and we aren’t down two starting linebackers. As a matter of fact, one from last year that was injured is back this year healthy and leads the team in tackles I think, Gage Sawyers. Having your team fully healthy for the State Championship will hopefully make a difference. I think both games will be a dogfight and fingers crossed the SWVA boys bring it home! 

48 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I hope Graham & George Wythe both can bring a win home for SWVA! The major difference for Graham this year is our QB isn’t handicapped with a broken fibula and we aren’t down two starting linebackers. As a matter of fact, one from last year that was injured is back this year healthy and leads the team in tackles I think, Gage Sawyers. Having your team fully healthy for the State Championship will hopefully make a difference. I think both games will be a dogfight and fingers crossed the SWVA boys bring it home! 

Our linebackers will have to play hard nosed in this one. They will try to get down hill fast like Appomattox did. 

1 hour ago, Graham32 said:

Did you not watch any film on KW last year? I knew going into it if we didn't contain Claiborne we were in for a long day. They were stacked. We probably came into last years game over confident IMO.

We need to stay level headed this year. CW has decent speed.

Agree with this Central is a very dangerous team. The qb has a good arm and can escape pressure.  Good running game.  #40 is a beast.  #21 and #23 more then sufficient speed.  The lineplay is very good.  They have 23 seniors.  If you ask me, Graham may be the underdog in this one.

47 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Agree with this Central is a very dangerous team. The qb has a good arm and can escape pressure.  Good running game.  #40 is a beast.  #21 and #23 more then sufficient speed.  The lineplay is very good.  They have 23 seniors.  If you ask me, Graham may be the underdog in this one.

I see it on film. Graham is the underdog in this one for sure. If Graham gets caught up in playing the run they will make us pay with the play action. 

1 hour ago, Real Sasquatch said:

So are you predicting a Central win? We are taking receipts. Lol

8 minutes ago, Gmen2021 said:

Our boys will be motivated even more now, lol. The coaches will have them prepared and they’ll make adjustments as needed. I still stand by a fully healthy Graham is in a much better position than last year’s team. I’m not saying it’s a cakewalk or even saying Graham wins. I think it’s a dogfight of a snobberknocker but if Graham wins the turn over battle and limits bonehead penalties, then I like their chances. 🤞🤞🤞🤞 I also don’t think Graham came into the game last year overconfident. Claiborne was just too much to contain on the outside especially missing the two outside linebackers. Not making excuses, KW was the better team. They earned that ring! I just don’t think overconfidence played any part in the loss. 

45 minutes ago, Gmen2021 said:

How was he predicting a win? All we’re saying is we’ve seen the tape. This game will not be easy. They are better than what you all think. 

7 minutes ago, Graham32 said:

How was he predicting a win? All we’re saying is we’ve seen the tape. This game will not be easy. They are better than what you all think. 

Just clarifying . It’s going to be all about guts, old school. Very competitive. It doesn’t matter who the favorite is. I don’t think either team gets off the bus thinking they will lose. 

4 minutes ago, Gmen2021 said:

Just clarifying . It’s going to be all about guts, old school. Very competitive. It doesn’t matter who the favorite is. I don’t think either team gets off the bus thinking they will lose. 

I’m just being humble. When you get this far you can’t take nothing for granted.

Here is my assessment of Central Woodstock after watching their last few games on NFHS. Teams that had quickenss on their D-line did very well penetrating. They are going to hit us with the run hard then try to hit us over the top with play action. Our Cornerbacks are going to be left on islands. That's going to be one of the keys to winning. Can Grahams secondary limit the big plays down the field.