Central Woodstock vs Graham

Gridiron60

On 12/9/2022 at 3:53 PM, tbgfan said:

Excitement in the air for tomorrow.  Listening to the radio broadcast and watching on NFHS, they aren't in sync. 

What channel is the radio broadcast and is it available online?  TIA!  Go G-men. 

On 12/6/2022 at 7:27 PM, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I think this game will come down to big plays by Graham.  i suspect some or most feel the LOS will be where it's won because both teams are very powerful and strong up front.  This leads me to believe it's kind of a wash up front and there will be lots of time eatin up on the clock.  Big plays is actually where its one in my opinion, not the line of scrimmage.  I think it's a Graham where Graham doesn't drive as methodically or easily on the ground as most of their games, but Graham will have huge big plays.

Watch for Graham to hit some home runs in the passing game.  Only my opinion.  I think Graham has lots of punts and quick hitting touchdowns with fewer 60 yds drives where they get 5 or 6 first downs before scoring.  I think Graham capitalizes and makes more of these big plays than Central.

Bandsna, absolutely nailed it. 

5 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Told yall about Graham and the early deep ball and to look for a big passing game with Central selling out to stop the run and begging Graham to pass it. Graham passed it.

You know what else you called? What Snake would do on defense! You said he’d start out stacking the box with 7 to stop the run only he two upped you with nine. 😂 Now #40 was going to get some yards, he’s a beast but for the most part, Graham’s defense kept them in check. I don’t think CW was used to an opponent going toe to toe with them all 4 quarters full steam and it really showed that last quarter. It’s hard to win with turnovers and grinding out 6 minutes in the 3rd without producing even a field goal. Graham game planned better for CW than CW game planned for Graham. 

2 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

You know what else you called? What Snake would do on defense! You said he’d start out stacking the box with 7 to stop the run only he two upped you with nine. 😂 Now #40 was going to get some yards, he’s a beast but for the most part, Graham’s defense kept them in check. I don’t think CW was used to an opponent going toe to toe with them all 4 quarters full steam and it really showed that last quarter. It’s hard to win with turnovers and grinding out 6 minutes in the 3rd without producing even a field goal. Graham game planned better for CW than CW game planned for Graham. 

Agree. Great game plan.  Central was gambling, taking the risk of playing absolutely 1 on 1 with zero help on 1st and 2nd downs, and praying Meadows couldn't beat em with the deep 1 on 1 balls, and just selling out to stop Clements and the run.  What Central didn't realize is, Graham isn't Strasburg. You play them 1 on 1  on the edges and you are in trouble.

Defensively, Graham keyed in on the run and went 1 on 1 on the edges, but Graham had Centrals receivers blanketed, other than the gimmicky type screens and plays Central ran early on that Graham adjusted to. I thought Central was also very well coached like Graham, but Graham was just better. Central up front was as advertised in my opinion on the OL.  Very solid, but they had not seen a DL like Graham. I thought Central would run more open sets. A few games this year, they would set out 3 wide many times on early downs and run out of that set. 

4 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

The 3 best defenses Graham faced this season. Union, Galax, and GW. Only teams to hold the G-Men to 28 points or less. 

Was Union the closest game Graham played all year against a 2A VA team?

They were a buzz saw by playoff time. Just a machine that ate teams up and spit them out. Well coached and extremely fast and physical. Congrats G-Men,‘you’ll be odds on favs for next year too

4 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Was Union the closest game Graham played all year against a 2A VA team?

They were a buzz saw by playoff time. Just a machine that ate teams up and spit them out. Well coached and extremely fast and physical. Congrats G-Men,‘you’ll be odds on favs for next year too

Yea I think Appo was the second closest with a 16 point margin. 

The Graham/Union games are always tough. It's a rivalry at this point to some extent. In some ways I hate they play each other in the regular because they normally face each other in the playoffs and it kinda takes away from the playoff match-up. Always a fun game to watch if you like good physical football.