Scholarship Offers

KevinG

Rigdeview’s Koda Counts signed with Bluefield and will be on the defensive side as a S.  I thought he was an underrated, in the box SS (had him as the best SS in Region). He will have to learn the coverage side and techniques as RV’s staff was not very good in that area.  He has a good frame at 6’3”, 170 and will hit you.

• 4 weeks later...

1 hour ago, redtiger said:

What position/s did he play at Marion?

He is a DE/TE. Air Force also runs the flex bone so I could see him being on the offensive side of the ball if he cant put the weight on to play DE at that level

4 hours ago, Jags52 said:

He is a DE/TE. Air Force also runs the flex bone so I could see him being on the offensive side of the ball if he cant put the weight on to play DE at that level

I just watched some of his film.  Good grief man.  Kid is explosive.  I'm surprised there wasn't more talk of him throughout the past year.  I know Marion has struggled, but this kid seems to just make nearly every tackle for Marion, and he often does it against 2 blockers.   He's a stud for sure.

16 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I just watched some of his film.  Good grief man.  Kid is explosive.  I'm surprised there wasn't more talk of him throughout the past year.  I know Marion has struggled, but this kid seems to just make nearly every tackle for Marion, and he often does it against 2 blockers.   He's a stud for sure.

He is a stud however it’s hard to get recruited when your team wins 3 games your first 3 years of high school. I’m glad he is going to have a shot to play to play big college football. He is a great kid and works hard he deserves every bit of it

On 4/11/2023 at 3:26 PM, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I just don't think we have a strong Marion presence on the board.  I wish there was a more diversified set of "team" posters.  We can only talk Graham and Union for so long.  I also wish we had more Abingdon and Va High as well.  I think Richlands is well represented as is Ridgeview...Tazewell used to be until that impactful loss to Ridgeview silenced the biggest Bulldog supporter on the board.  I kind of miss his hot-as-hell takes. Lebanon and Honaker are also under represented as are most single A teams. 

11 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

I just don't think we have a strong Marion presence on the board.  I wish there was a more diversified set of "team" posters.  We can only talk Graham and Union for so long.  I also wish we had more Abingdon and Va High as well.  I think Richlands is well represented as is Ridgeview...Tazewell used to be until that impactful loss to Ridgeview silenced the biggest Bulldog supporter on the board.  I kind of miss his hot-as-hell takes. Lebanon and Honaker are also under represented as are most single A teams. 

A lot of us just don't have much to say during the off season.  Come Jul/Aug we will be getting fired back up.

5 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I want GC to be really good again just because of their fans on here.  Man oh man, they are FUN,....well., they were fun.  Not as many on here nowadays, or at least not as active.  Those guys would go at it.  Great passion for the Devils.

Can’t go at it anymore people get their feelings hurt too easy nowadays.  Sorry I shouldn’t say that might hurt someone’s feelings 

On 4/14/2023 at 5:09 PM, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I want GC to be really good again just because of their fans on here.  Man oh man, they are FUN,....well., they were fun.  Not as many on here nowadays, or at least not as active.  Those guys would go at it.  Great passion for the Devils.

I have a valued friendship with a Gate City fan. 

That said, there are some dumb rednecks in that fanbase that you don’t see on here.

Same with some from Union. Central has keyboard warriors ( pun not intended) and a bunch of idiots who think their fecal matter doesn’t stink.

Hey, I am from Dickenson County and I can tell you that Ridgeview fans are the absolute worst.

Ridgeview fans whine incessantly about officiating.  Ridgeview fans whine incessantly about playing Abingdon in anything.  (They're 3A!  They don't belong in our district!!!!)

My only beef with Union fans is they complain when it's time to travel anywhere outside of a 50 mile radius.

36 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Hey, I am from Dickenson County and I can tell you that Ridgeview fans are the absolute worst.

Ridgeview fans whine incessantly about officiating.  Ridgeview fans whine incessantly about playing Abingdon in anything.  (They're 3A!  They don't belong in our district!!!!)

My only beef with Union fans is they complain when it's time to travel anywhere outside of a 50 mile radius.

Never heard them complain about coming to Bluefield.

3 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I resent that, and if you were less than 25 miles from my house, I'd come to yours and show you! haha

3 hours ago, CPF said:

We love coming to Bluefield. Just don't like the ride home when we lose! 🙂

3 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

I resent that, and if you were less than 25 miles from my house, I'd come to yours and show you! haha

Same here lol

7 hours ago, CPF said:

I liked the trips to Bluefield. Other than the results. Lol

havok is 100% correct about a good percentage of the fans.  They showed there a$$es during the last game against Graham. I live in Clintwood and it seems to be mostly a Clintwood issue. The fans got spoiled by the run before consolidation. 

13 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I think every fan base has a few fans we’re not proud of or that are an embarrassment. 

I can concur about the complaints about officiating by Ridgeview even on the sidelines. If the RV coaches worried more about coaching than the officials, they might fair better in playoffs. Working the chains can give one great insight into a team & coaching staff if you’ve ever done it. 

10 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

I didn’t enjoy my five minute ride home in the Spring season ‘21 😂. I don’t think I’ll ever get over that game. 😂

23 hours ago, CPF said:

20 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

I think Whitesburg is just outside that 50 mile radius?  Pretty sure Bears faithful complained anytime they had to go there. Lol

The one that really comes to mind is when Union played Clarke County that year in the semis.  I think that whole week, I saw posters on here angry about having to make that trip.  You see whining about travel moreso from the people east of Roanoke having to come down this way though.

I was always happy to make those long trips.  The only one I dreaded was Essex, because us Haysi folk knew that was probably going to be the last game ever.  Just hated it was going to happen six hours away.