Mountain 7 baseball predictions?????

Whooodat

Well, I’m gonna go on a limbs and say :

Abingdon and John Battle

Big Gap

Gate City, Central, Union, Ridgeview 

Lee

Central gets a new coach in Kelly Foster.  Place your bets on whether he gets into an altercation with a Ridgeview fan now.  

Ridgeview gets a new coach in Steve Villani.  Evidently he is from Texas so place your bets on whether RV administration realized that before they hired him.  

POY- Gibson from Abingdon 

Surprise team of year: Ridgeview.  Evidently new coach is a pure baseball guy and they’ve got some athletes…..can they make baseball players out of them?

All eyes on :  John Battle and their young talent and whether they can topple Abingdon and Central and how Foster does in his first shot at Head Coach.  He will most certainly be decked out in better gear than his players but if he wears matching arm sleeves I’m throwing hot dogs at him and heckling.  😆

My son is in high school this year figured it gave me the ability to finally be able to post and have a reason to.  He aint a football player so this is the only sport I get to look forward to lol.  Sorry if I was a bit premature lol.  Swva OG love your input!!!!  Tell it how it is baby!  Ridgeview huh??? Never woulda thunk it!!!!!

Battle shouldn’t be able to upset Abingdon barring injuries or unseen factors, but that’s why you play the game.  I think both teams will have a shot at state titles.  I, too, will be interested in how the Kelly Foster situation unfolds.  A lot of drama surrounds him.

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

Well, with the Gibson kid unfortunately suffering an injury, I'll have to adjust the M7 POY to the Hankins kid from John Battle.  Any other dark horse candidates?  I know Gobble from John Battle is a threat as well.  

On 3/14/2023 at 1:10 PM, SwvaOG said:

Well, with the Gibson kid unfortunately suffering an injury, I'll have to adjust the M7 POY to the Hankins kid from John Battle.  Any other dark horse candidates?  I know Gobble from John Battle is a threat as well.  

I think Battle will take the District Championship as well!!!

Ridgeview scores a big win over Central tonight 5-3.  Amazingly, it was the Pack’s first win over the Warriors since consolidation (2015). Brandon Beavers strikes out 11 over 5 innings to outduel Robbie Wilson who had 9 strikeouts in a complete game loss. Pack move to 2-1 (1-0).

Any other updates in the M7?