State Championship Games 2022 Scores/Updates

Gridiron60

7 minutes ago, sixcat said:

East Duplin runs a beautiful version of the single wing. They are big, physical and are blowing Reidsville off the line of scrimmage. 

East Duplin 17
Reidsville 7

Heading to the 4th quarter. 

East Duplin moves into a prevent defense and immediately gives up a 70+ yard touchdown pass. 

ED 17
RV 14

7:42 remaining. 

3 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

GWs band just showed up to the game oddly enough midway through the 3rd:

When Chilhowie was in the title game, it was the same day as district band competition. The Warrior Band also showed up in the 3Q. Maybe the same thing happened to GW

11 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

GWs band just showed up to the game oddly enough midway through the 3rd:

All district band is at John S Battle today. GW band boosters fundraised all week to get the band a tour bus. Playing the early game really hurts the bands chances of getting to the game in time. Not to mention those kids left Wytheville at around 5:30am. As always, the band is the forgotten entity. 

Happened to Galax each of the past 3 years. 

3 minutes ago, sixcat said:

All district band is at John S Battle today. GW band boosters fundraised all week to get the band a tour bus. Playing the early game really hurts the bands chances of getting to the game in time. 

Happened to Galax each of the past 3 years. 

A few of Graham’s band showed up 3rd quarter last year. I’m pretty sure they will be able to make it in time today 

1 minute ago, Faithful G-man said:

A few of Graham’s band showed up 3rd quarter last year. I’m pretty sure they will be able to make it in time today 

The late game usually isn’t an issue. The folks at Battle do a great job of getting the kids who represent schools in the state championship games through the line first.

East Duplin 24
Reidsville 21

Final

That prevent defense almost prevented East Duplin from winning their first state championship. Reidsville doesn’t have a senior in the starting lineup!

Mount Airy and Tarboro up next!!!

6 minutes ago, SW_VA_boy said:

GW just got f***** and I'd probably been ejected had I'd been in Horner's shoes.

WV state championship games can have replay coach’s challenges. Virginia can’t I guess