State Championship Games 2022 Scores/Updates

Gridiron60

Riverheads - #33 Cayden Cook-Cash with a 45 Yd Rushing TD. 

Riverheads 49 GW 21 

4Q 2:17

Junior Cayden Cook-Cash, nicknamed "The Freak", with 5TDs today, which ties three others including Gate City's Mickey Rogers and Park-View Sterling's  Allen Pinkett.

Mount Airy - Tarboro kickoff at 3pm. City of Raleigh trying to charge attendees for parking at Carter-Finley Stadium. More than 200 cars still lined up on Westchase and Trinity trying to get inside. It’s been backed up for the past 90 minutes.

They finally said “screw it” and just waved everyone through. Gonna be a lot of pissed off people entering the stadium. 

8 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Tyler Mason and Mount Airy drives the length of the field on the opening possession picking up yardage in large chunks to take a 7-0 lead. Mason scored from 15 yards out. 

Did Barney make the block?

Just arrived in Salem.  Dressed in my Graham gear.  Some Central fans asked me how good the G men are.  I said "pretty good".  One of them said, they had better be....

I said, don't worry, they wont disappoint.

Don't get me wrong, he was nice and cordial, said a lot of good things that he had heard about Graham, but pretty confident about his team also 

1 minute ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Just arrived in Salem.  Dressed in my Graham gear.  Some Central fans asked me how good the G men are.  I said "pretty good".  One of them said, they had better be....

I said, don't worry, they wont disappoint.

Don't get me wrong, he was nice and cordial, said a lot of good things that he had heard about Graham, but pretty confident about his team also 

Seems logical.  G-Men better cut out the penalties today.  Their inability to do so could be really mean the difference of the game.

16 minutes ago, Liam McPoyle said:

Barney plays a bit timid. On the other hand, no one can match the energy and tenacity of Ernest T.  Unfortunately, his low football IQ and defiant behavior are holding him back.

Boy, but can that kid throw the rock, or what?

10 minutes ago, sixcat said:

He’s often overlooked and overshadowed by his cousin Gomer but without Goober’s blocking, the Granite Bears wouldn’t be in this position. 

I was concerned that the offense would struggle without that big "ol center Otis Campbell who is out today after falling off his porch last night.

Tyler Mason score his 3rd TD on the afternoon. Mount Airy has blocked 2 punts. Tarboro has 54 yards of total offense through 3 quarters. 

Two things stand out in watching this game. One, Tarboro hasn’t faced anyone nearly as physical as Mount Airy. They are just beating Tarboro up. Two, Mount Airy’s offense line is as fundamentally sound and precise as I’ve ever seen at the high school level. 

Mount Airy 21
Tarboro 0. 

Mount Airy with a nice drive on the second possession of the second half. Decide to throw on 3rd down. Pass is intercepted and returned to the 12 yard line. Tarboro scores 5 plays later aided by a really bad MA penalty on 4th down. 

Not what you want to see leading by 3 scores late in the 3rd quarter.