State Championship Games 2022 Scores/Updates

Gridiron60

@BandanaVTDavis4321 called it , sort of when he predicted Snake would probably put 7 in the box to start to stop the run, I believe I counted 9 most of the time, lol. Bold move but it worked! 40 got done good bursts which you can’t stop the power run 100% of the time but man, Graham’s defense was impressive! I forget who said they were overrated but that comment didn’t age well. Someone else said CW had the better QB, not today they didn’t! One more observation, CW looked a lot bigger on film than in person I thought.

Congratulations to the Falcons though, it was a great ride & lots of teams would have loved to have been in your shoes today! #40 was definitely as advertised! Helluva player! 

4 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

@BandanaVTDavis4321 called it , sort of when he predicted Snake would probably put 7 in the box to start to stop the run, I believe I counted 9 most of the time, lol. Bold move but it worked! 40 got done good bursts which you can’t stop the power run 100% of the time but man, Graham’s defense was impressive! I forget who said they were overrated but that comment didn’t age well. Someone else said CW had the better QB, not today they didn’t! One more observation, CW looked a lot bigger on film than in person I thought.

Congratulations to the Falcons though, it was a great ride & lots of teams would have loved to have been in your shoes today! #40 was definitely as advertised! Helluva player! 

I told my buddies that during warm ups they looked bigger on film. Idc what anyone says about #40 that kid is a stud. Bright future ahead of him. Played his ass off.

13 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I thought they looked big in person too.  They had me nervous for 3 plus quarters.  They were a good team and certainly deserved to be there.  I don't think they were used to another team going toe to toe with their line for 4 quarters however.  They were used to wearing teams down and controlling possession  in the 2nd half of their games.  I think they were the team that appeared worn down in that 4th quarter.

1 minute ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I thought they looked big in person too.  They had me nervous for 3 plus quarters.  They were a good team and certainly deserved to be there.  I don't think they were used to another team going toe to toe with their line for 4 quarters however.  They were used to wearing teams down and controlling possession  in the 2nd half of their games.  I think they were the team that appeared worn down in that 4th quarter.

They definitely got worn down and when they took 6 minutes off the clock in the 3rd with no points to show for it, I felt they were in trouble. I was hoping to see their kicker boot one of those near 50 yards field goals. I was very pleased with our kicks, punts, & special teams today. Some games during the season , they had some miscues but today, no complaints from me. I think you hit the nail on the head, CW wasn’t used to having anyone that could go toe to toe and Graham was probably the most physical team they’ve played. The GMen were not going to back down. Credit to CW, they fought a good fight, Graham was just better. 

Grahams biggest challenges in 2D came from the M7.  I think Union’s D was the best they faced and RV’s offense was the best they faced.  Good football in SWVA this year.  I think RV had a damn good shot to beat those teams (Appy, Central) and Union would have given them a run for the money.  Congrats to Graham.

6 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Outstanding news! Kid can play. Mt Airy is scary good. Great win today. 

It appears Mount Airy’s Deric Dandy may have also gotten an offer from VT. Dandy is a 6’-4” 215 pound DE. Very quick and agile. Hits hard. Projects as a safety i would think. Looks a lot like Terrell Edmonds on the field. 

8 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

Grahams biggest challenges in 2D came from the M7.  I think Union’s D was the best they faced and RV’s offense was the best they faced.  Good football in SWVA this year.  I think RV had a damn good shot to beat those teams (Appy, Central) and Union would have given them a run for the money.  Congrats to Graham.

I agree Union was the best defense & Ridgeview the best passing offense Graham faced. I would add Bluefield, the most balanced team. I think overall Region D was probably stronger more physical football than most of Region B with the exception of CW preparing Graham for them. CW wasn’t used to that much push back & it caught up with them. 

They may not win the title every year, but in my opinion region D is the toughest to get out of because it's the strongest seeds 1-4 every year. Whoever wins it is going to punch you in the mouth.

I give a ton of credit to CW for their playbook.  Must have been Coach Cline’s.  They had some really good calls.  They just didn’t have the athletes around the field like Graham had, and I would put the line play at a draw.  When they tossed those misdirection passes that sprung their guy wide open toward the edge they just just didn’t have wheels to bust them open. Graham had too many people ready, willing, and able to be game changers. 

1 hour ago, GHS89 said:

I give a ton of credit to CW for their playbook.  Must have been Coach Cline’s.  They had some really good calls.  They just didn’t have the athletes around the field like Graham had, and I would put the line play at a draw.  When they tossed those misdirection passes that sprung their guy wide open toward the edge they just just didn’t have wheels to bust them open. Graham had too many people ready, willing, and able to be game changers. 

Yep. Graham could play 1 on 1 defensively in space, without help over the top and get away with it because of athletic ability. Central did the exact same thing, except they couldn't get away with it. Lineplay was a wash as both were good. Graham and it's athletic ability were able to make those big strike plays. I don't know about Central over all as a team regarding best teams played for Graham, but regarding lineplay, I think Central is/was better than Union, Ridgeview, Buefield, and Appo. That team was the real deal up front.  But, so was Graham.

53 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Yep. Graham could play 1 on 1 defensively in space, without help over the top and get away with it because of athletic ability. Central did the exact same thing, except they couldn't get away with it. Lineplay was a wash as both were good. Graham and it's athletic ability were able to make those big strike plays. I don't know about Central over all as a team regarding best teams played for Graham, but regarding lineplay, I think Central is/was better than Union, Ridgeview, Buefield, and Appo. That team was the real deal up front.  But, so was Graham.

I agree.  Best lineplay on both sides of the ball.