All region? 2D

Wade_1

Saw where lee shared that roop and Hammonds made first team and mooneyhan had made second. Three good choices for lee in my opinion. I didn’t figure they’d have anyone above second team, but glad they did.  List must be out there somewhere. 

🚨Congratulations to the following All Southwest District Football 🏈 Team members🚨

Offensive Player of the Year - Ty’Drez Clements 
Defensive Player of the Year - Connor Roberts
Coach of the Year - Tony Palmer

1st team offense :

Ethan Alvis - Center 
Ty’Drez Clements- Running Back 
Connor Roberts - O Line 
Kaden Rotenberry - O Line 
Chris Edwards - Wide Receiver 

1st Team defense :

Connor Roberts - D line 
Cody Dolin - D line 
Omarri Hill - D line 
Sean Hughes - D end 
Gage Sawyers - Linebacker 
Brayden Watkins - D back 

2nd Team offense :

Cody Dolin - O line 
Carter Lloyd - O line 
Jamel Floyd - Running back 
Brayden Watkins - Wide receiver 

2nd Team Defense :

Aidan Wallace - D line 
Braden Meadows - Linebacker
Yubrenal Isabelle - Linebacker 
Myles Raley - Linebacker
Jamel Floyd - D back 
Tristan Hass - D back 

Go G-Men !

I would imagine to see several of these on All Region as well. 

42 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

🚨Congratulations to the following All Southwest District Football 🏈 Team members🚨

Offensive Player of the Year - Ty’Drez Clements 
Defensive Player of the Year - Connor Roberts
Coach of the Year - Tony Palmer

1st team offense :

Ethan Alvis - Center 
Ty’Drez Clements- Running Back 
Connor Roberts - O Line 
Kaden Rotenberry - O Line 
Chris Edwards - Wide Receiver 

1st Team defense :

Connor Roberts - D line 
Cody Dolin - D line 
Omarri Hill - D line 
Sean Hughes - D end 
Gage Sawyers - Linebacker 
Brayden Watkins - D back 

2nd Team offense :

Cody Dolin - O line 
Carter Lloyd - O line 
Jamel Floyd - Running back 
Brayden Watkins - Wide receiver 

2nd Team Defense :

Aidan Wallace - D line 
Braden Meadows - Linebacker
Yubrenal Isabelle - Linebacker 
Myles Raley - Linebacker
Jamel Floyd - D back 
Tristan Hass - D back 

Go G-Men !

I would imagine to see several of these on All Region as well. 

Do you mind to share the entire Southwest district team with us (whats left anyway lol)? Or tell me where to find it. Thanks 

Did I read this wrong or did they pick two complete teams for 2nd team?  Does the SWD usually do that?  Seems to lessen the 2nd team status.  Also, help me out here.....does anyone else think Poku was 1st team SWD?  Is the Worley kid better?  When RV played them it seems like Poku was more of a threat.

4 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

Did I read this wrong or did they pick two complete teams for 2nd team?  Does the SWD usually do that?  Seems to lessen the 2nd team status.  Also, help me out here.....does anyone else think Poku was 1st team SWD?  Is the Worley kid better?  When RV played them it seems like Poku was more of a threat.

I would have picked Poku over Worley but I didn’t get to vote 😂

5 hours ago, Dobb83 said:

So cody Dolin from graham doesn’t get first team on O or D line? What a joke!! 

I agree, it just proves the best at a position don’t always get the accolades. Cody definitely deserved 1st team. A Senior who lead by example & played lights out almost every game, with all things equal defer to the Senior. Nothing against Rotenberry or Hill for O Line & D Line but Dolin. deserved 1st team. Graham’s D Line , every kid on that line deserved it. Best D line across, the district, region, & state in 2A. Best from Graham in a really long time. I didn’t get a vote obviously, lol. 

I felt like after the list was released I needed some clarification on the process so I asked around. Others may know this but I dare say some don’t. If a player doesn’t make 1st Team All District, he cannot make 1st Team All Region which is decided before the region is even concluded. A player cannot make All State if he wasn’t 1st Team All Region even if he had a spectacular game at the state level. Take Brayden Meadows for example, 100% pass completion, his best game of the season at QB was the State Championship game but he can’t receive any accolades for that because he wasn’t 1st Team QB for SWD District to begin with. It all starts at district level. You have Cody Dolin who probably had his best games against Appo & near best against CW but won’t be All State because he wasn’t 1st Team All Region and as I stated All State was already decided is my understanding before the game was even played. I could go on & on about the fairness or the process. My point being, you can’t put much stock in these things because it never shakes out fairly and the rules for how the selection work’s penalizes kids who play lights out in the playoffs in may opinion. If I had my way Graham’s ENTIRE defense would be 1st Team especially the D. Line, for district, region, and especially state but that would never happen, other coaches would not vote for that.  I guarantee a lot of kids that made 1st Team All Region but didn’t make it to the State Championship would trade that meaningless award for a ring. Just my two cents because I know there are a lot of unhappy people and hurt feelings. As a coach (which I’m not), I’d defer to Senior with all things being equal but unfortunately, lay people like me have no vote. Congratulations to the GMen on the championship  because that’s the most important award in my opinion. 

4 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

I felt like after the list was released I needed some clarification on the process so I asked around. Others may know this but I dare say some don’t. If a player doesn’t make 1st Team All District, he cannot make 1st Team All Region which is decided before the region is even concluded. A player cannot make All State if he wasn’t 1st Team All Region even if he had a spectacular game at the state level. Take Brayden Meadows for example, 100% pass completion, his best game of the season at QB was the State Championship game but he can’t receive any accolades for that because he wasn’t 1st Team QB for SWD District to begin with. It all starts at district level. You have Cody Dolin who probably had his best games against Appo & near best against CW but won’t be All State because he wasn’t 1st Team All Region and as I stated All State was already decided is my understanding before the game was even played. I could go on & on about the fairness or the process. My point being, you can’t put much stock in these things because it never shakes out fairly and the rules for how the selection work’s penalizes kids who play lights out in the playoffs in may opinion. If I had my way Graham’s ENTIRE defense would be 1st Team especially the D. Line, for district, region, and especially state but that would never happen, other coaches would not vote for that.  I guarantee a lot of kids that made 1st Team All Region but didn’t make it to the State Championship would trade that meaningless award for a ring. Just my two cents because I know there are a lot of unhappy people and hurt feelings. As a coach (which I’m not), I’d defer to Senior with all things being equal but unfortunately, lay people like me have no vote. Congratulations to the GMen on the championship  because that’s the most important award in my opinion. 

I think it comes down to the horse trading between coaches. It honestly would be better if they just let the Bristol Herald pick the team. I understand Meadows a little bit due to the injury. I will say however that the championship game was the best QB performance by anyone in 2D the last couple of years. I don’t get the Dolin snub at all. Even just looking at the regular season, I don’t think there are 4 better lineman in the region.