Football Schedules for 2023

footballfan1

5 hours ago, onewarrior2 said:

Looks to be played in Jenkins.

I can’t believe Jenkins is going to get thei program going again.  RV’s first ever game against them was 56-0 at the end of the 1st qtr if I remember correctly. 
A game in which killed the packs chances of having a decent team because of injuries. 

On 4/28/2023 at 6:29 PM, Union_Fan said:

Union Football 2023

Aug 24 - A - Lee

Sept  1 - H - Richlands

Sept  8 - H - Science Hill

Sept 15 - A - Graham

Sept 22 - H - Gate City 

Sept 29 - A - Twin Springs

Oct    6 - H - Ridgeview

Oct   13 - A - Central

Oct   20 - Open

Oct   27 - A - Abingdon

Nov    3 - H - Battle

Any idea on who we scrimmage Wythe and Eliz???

4 hours ago, footballfan1 said:

Any idea if Auburn, Bland, Craig, or Twin Valley are playing football this Fall?  They were not able to complete their seasons Last year.

It’s time for vhsl to get a 7 team league going it’s a shame some of these kids get screwed over for lack of numbers.  I’m sure there’s at least 25 schools who would consider it 

20 hours ago, onewarrior2 said:

Spoke with the head coach at Jenkins, he said they reached out to him needing a game due to a scheduling conflict.

Little more to the story than this according to Uncle Percy. 

21 hours ago, Duke2015 said:

It’s time for vhsl to get a 7 team league going it’s a shame some of these kids get screwed over for lack of numbers.  I’m sure there’s at least 25 schools who would consider it 

They have an eight man football league but the closest team is in lynchburg.  

22 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

George Wythe for the benefit game at GW.

Not confirmed yet, but pretty sure Betsy for a scrimmage. Should know soon.

I’m assume Betsy isn’t coming here so no home game this preseason.

1 hour ago, Bluebird said:

They have an eight man football league but the closest team is in lynchburg.  

Yeah that’s the problem you would have to have at least 7-10 teams in each region for it to work 

1 hour ago, Duke2015 said:

I’m assume Betsy isn’t coming here so no home game this preseason.

I think Tennessee High came over in 2012. Outside of that, I can't remember Union ever hosting a 1st scrimmage. Every year since, it's been a trip to the Stone Castle or Betsy.

On 5/9/2023 at 6:52 PM, Duke2015 said:

Any idea on who we scrimmage Wythe and Eliz???

That's a nice home schedule for the Bears! All the tough ones at Bullitt Park!

23 minutes ago, SXSW said:

That's a nice home schedule for the Bears! All the tough ones at Bullitt Park!

Don't know about that SXSW.  Graham, I put in the tough category to put it mildly.  Playing them anywhere is tough enough, but playing up there is a challenge for sure.

2 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Don't know about that SXSW.  Graham, I put in the tough category to put it mildly.  Playing them anywhere is tough enough, but playing up there is a challenge for sure.

I could be wrong but seems like Union plays Graham better in Bluefield.  Won’t matter this year though they’re on a whole other level than the other teams in the region 

7 hours ago, Duke2015 said:

I could be wrong but seems like Union plays Graham better in Bluefield.  Won’t matter this year though they’re on a whole other level than the other teams in the region 

They e like PV was in the 90s then Gate City was in 02 and 03. Those programs during those cycles were just on a much higher level than the region. Appomattox from 2015-20 (spring of 21 technically). 

Graham is in the cycle where teams may compete with them but won’t win. 

8 hours ago, Duke2015 said:

I think Union is always a tough opponent & will be for Graham this year. I always have flashbacks to Spring ‘21 when I know Union is coming to town. Makes me  a whole heap of nervous when Bears come to town. 

22 hours ago, Bluebird said:

I think if one or two schools in s w Virginia were to try 8 man football a lot more schools would join.  

I agree only other option would be to let schools like Twin Springs play at Gate City or Thomas Walker at Lee but  that would open up a whole other can of worms