Football Schedules for 2023

footballfan1

1 hour ago, KW23 said:

Giles schedule?

This is all I know for sure. Narrows game is an assumption.

8/25 Blacksburg               Home
9/1 Radford               Away
9/15 Narrows               Home
9/22 Grayson County               Home
10/6 George Wythe               Away
10/20 Tazewell               Away
10/26 Bluefield, WV               Away
11/3 Fort Chiswell               Home

On 5/14/2023 at 1:56 AM, Duke2015 said:

I agree only other option would be to let schools like Twin Springs play at Gate City or Thomas Walker at Lee but  that would open up a whole other can of worms 

TS and TW both had about 40 kids on the roster last year. I don't think they are playing 8 man anytime soon. 

On 5/15/2023 at 12:26 PM, Junkyard said:

The Virginia Independent Schools AA has an 8 man league of course it’s all private schools in the Richmond Hampton roads area 

https://www.visfl.org is the website for virginia 8 man football but unfortunitally it hasn't been updated in a few years and I can not find a way to contact them. 

9 hours ago, appyvol said:

TS and TW both had about 40 kids on the roster last year. I don't think they are playing 8 man anytime soon. 

Was just giving an example.  Didn't see Walker play last season but if they had 40 players that'd be the first time in awhile

Chilhowie 2023 football schedule from HUDL.

8/25 Marion               Home
9/1 J. I. Burton               Away
9/8 Narrows               Away
9/15 Eastside               Home
9/22 Northwood               Away
9/29 Honaker               Away
10/13 Rural Retreat               Home
10/20 Rye Cove               Home
10/27 Patrick Henry Glade Spring               Away
11/3 Holston               Home

King William 2023 Football Schedule
8-12-23 Poquoson (scrimmage)
8-18-23 Essex (scrimmage)
8-25-23 @ Stuarts Draft
9-1-23 @Clarke County
9-8-23 Hanover
9-15-23 Caroline
9-22-23 @ Strasburg
9-29-23 Central Woodstock
10-6-23 Colonial Heights
10-20-23 Mechanicsville
10-27-23 @West Point
11-2-23 @King and Queen

On 5/17/2023 at 8:53 AM, Bluefield researcher said:

Chilhowie 2023 football schedule from HUDL.

8/25 Marion               Home
9/1 J. I. Burton               Away
9/8 Narrows               Away
9/15 Eastside               Home
9/22 Northwood               Away
9/29 Honaker               Away
10/13 Rural Retreat               Home
10/20 Rye Cove               Home
10/27 Patrick Henry Glade Spring               Away
11/3 Holston               Home

The Reid Sturgill era will begin at home against county rival Marion. Its a good rivalry and always brings in a big gate.

On 5/17/2023 at 9:58 AM, Fairlawncat said:

King William 2023 Football Schedule
8-12-23 Poquoson (scrimmage)
8-18-23 Essex (scrimmage)
8-25-23 @ Stuarts Draft
9-1-23 @Clarke County
9-8-23 Hanover
9-15-23 Caroline
9-22-23 @ Strasburg
9-29-23 Central Woodstock
10-6-23 Colonial Heights
10-20-23 Mechanicsville
10-27-23 @West Point
11-2-23 @King and Queen

Fairlawn, isn't your wife from Poquoson, King William, Nottoway, somewhere down East?   KW's schedule is actually a bit brutal for a Class 2 school.  First, the scrimmage games don't count, but they are starting off by not scrimmaging cupcakes by any means.  Then in regular season, Draft, Clarke County, Strasburg, Woodstock, West Point and King and Queen.  That's actually a very difficult schedule for a Class 2 school.  

20 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Fairlawn, isn't your wife from Poquoson, King William, Nottoway, somewhere down East?   KW's schedule is actually a bit brutal for a Class 2 school.  First, the scrimmage games don't count, but they are starting off by not scrimmaging cupcakes by any means.  Then in regular season, Draft, Clarke County, Strasburg, Woodstock, West Point and King and Queen.  That's actually a very difficult schedule for a Class 2 school.  

Blackstone-Nottoway but went last sophomore of HS at Tabb and last 2 yrs at Poquoson. KW has a tough schedule  They scrimmaged the Bull Islanders last year and Poquoson got the best of em in that and they played again in region title game.  Good chance it happens again this year but Poquoson probably be the favorite to win that region again. 

On 5/22/2023 at 3:49 PM, Hokie Bound said:

The Reid Sturgill era will begin at home against county rival Marion. Its a good rivalry and always brings in a big gate.

Is Chilhowie going to be any good this year? They were winless last year

5 hours ago, Fairlawncat said:

Blackstone-Nottoway but went last sophomore of HS at Tabb and last 2 yrs at Poquoson. KW has a tough schedule  They scrimmaged the Bull Islanders last year and Poquoson got the best of em in that and they played again in region title game.  Good chance it happens again this year but Poquoson probably be the favorite to win that region again. 

I read where Poquoson only had 2 kids on team over 200 lbs last year?

That's right. Theyll be small but not as small, like 220ish across line.  As u know Sara's brother coaches at Bruton and says Poquoson will roll through that region this year.  They play speed all year long and a team like KW isn't different to what Poquoson sees in regular season.  Central's-woodstock size wore em down in the 2nd half of the semi's but the Islanders will bring more size this year.  KW is suppose to be good again and returns a fair amount but Poquoson returns pretty much the whole team. Who is gonna be good and a threat to beat KW or Poquoson was Thomas Jefferson-Richmond.  They return most starters but move up to 3A this year.  The game with Poquson and Thomas Jefferson in the region A semi's was closer than the game Poquson had with King W in the region finals.

17 hours ago, Fairlawncat said:

That's right. Theyll be small but not as small, like 220ish across line.  As u know Sara's brother coaches at Bruton and says Poquoson will roll through that region this year.  They play speed all year long and a team like KW isn't different to what Poquoson sees in regular season.  Central's-woodstock size wore em down in the 2nd half of the semi's but the Islanders will bring more size this year.  KW is suppose to be good again and returns a fair amount but Poquoson returns pretty much the whole team. Who is gonna be good and a threat to beat KW or Poquoson was Thomas Jefferson-Richmond.  They return most starters but move up to 3A this year.  The game with Poquson and Thomas Jefferson in the region A semi's was closer than the game Poquson had with King W in the region finals.

I will go with Graham, Appomattox (no offense to your Bobcats in Region C), Riverheads, and Poquoson.  I think the Region B Title Game is Woodstock vs Riverheads and Region A like you say, King William vs Poquoson.  I think the Region A and Region B Title games are much closer than the Region C and Region D title games, and no surprise if Central-Woodstock and King William represented their regions and played in the state semi's.    I think Graham and Appo are huge favorites in their regions.  If I were a betting man, I go with Graham or Appo winning the state title, and if I would have bet the last 7 years on Graham or Appo, I would have been correct.  I don't think year number 8 will be different.  Could be wrong though.  Stuarts Draft is the oddball in Region B.  I don't know what they have, but they have had some historically very good football teams and they have been down for a couple of years.  They are due again to be "good", so Region B wouldn't surprise me if it were more than a 2 team race with Central and Riverheads.  Draft may challenge both of them in that Region.  

On 5/23/2023 at 6:27 PM, KW23 said:

Is Chilhowie going to be any good this year? They were winless last year

They got to be improved right? I know they return a lot. They are really high on the young QB they have he has a pretty good arm but had 18 INTS last year. New coach but I would say the old coach will have a lot of input as to what they do. As far as the first game of the year, it is at Chilhowie so that usually gives them an advantage but I think Marion is much better up front but that’s just based on last year and Marion didn’t graduate much in the trenches

11 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I will go with Graham, Appomattox (no offense to your Bobcats in Region C), Riverheads, and Poquoson.  I think the Region B Title Game is Woodstock vs Riverheads and Region A like you say, King William vs Poquoson.  I think the Region A and Region B Title games are much closer than the Region C and Region D title games, and no surprise if Central-Woodstock and King William represented their regions and played in the state semi's.    I think Graham and Appo are huge favorites in their regions.  If I were a betting man, I go with Graham or Appo winning the state title, and if I would have bet the last 7 years on Graham or Appo, I would have been correct.  I don't think year number 8 will be different.  Could be wrong though.  Stuarts Draft is the oddball in Region B.  I don't know what they have, but they have had some historically very good football teams and they have been down for a couple of years.  They are due again to be "good", so Region B wouldn't surprise me if it were more than a 2 team race with Central and Riverheads.  Draft may challenge both of them in that Region.  

I don’t know much about the other teams coming out of region A & B but Central has one tough player in Forbes. That kid is a tank and has absolutely no give up in him. He was by far the most impressive player for CW in the championship game against Graham. Central could make another deep run with him still there. I have 💯 % respect for that young man. 

6 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

I don’t know much about the other teams coming out of region A & B but Central has one tough player in Forbes. That kid is a tank and has absolutely no give up in him. He was by far the most impressive player for CW in the championship game against Graham. Central could make another deep run with him still there. I have 💯 % respect for that young man. 

He's a baller. Made tons of tackles for Central from his linebacker position as well.

• 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, Bluefield researcher said:

TWIN VALLEY
08/25 (H) Phelps KY
09/01 (H) Montcalm
09/08 (-) Open
09/15 (A) Northwood
09/22 (H) Craig County
09/29 (H) Bland County
10/06 (H) Grundy
10/13 (A) Thomas Walker
10/20 (A) River View
10/27 (A) Eastern Montgomery
11/03 (A) Hurley

Does Bland have a full schedule or just playing where they can pick up games?