Football Schedules for 2023

footballfan1

4 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

It's hard to fathom what has happened to Blacksburg's football program.  It's crazy to think that Class 1 Lebanon might actually be a step up in competition for Graham compared to Class 4 Blacksburg, who won the state title not too long ago led by Terry and Beck.

JV and little leagues were awful too...gonna be a while before they are competitive with anybody

6 hours ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Graham's 10 opponents are the same except for one as 2022. Bluefield, Tazewell, Richlands, Union, Galax. George Wythe, Va High, Lebanon (replaces Blacksburg), Pulaski County and Marion.

Glad to see Graham keeping the series with PC.  Blacksburg has been awful the past 2 seasons.

8 hours ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Bluefield and Graham have 3 home games that conflict. So there will be three games on Thursday. School officials at both are currently working tegether on that situation.

One of the many reasons, Graham should have their own stadium. I don’t think that is ever going to happen though. 

1 hour ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Glad to see Graham keeping the series with PC.  Blacksburg has been awful the past 2 seasons.

With Lebanon’s QB leading their team, they might actually be a better opponent than a higher class Blacksburg. Blacksburg had one player that was decent. Their program was just pitiful the past two seasons. 

7 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

It's hard to fathom what has happened to Blacksburg's football program.  It's crazy to think that Class 1 Lebanon might actually be a step up in competition for Graham compared to Class 4 Blacksburg, who won the state title not too long ago led by Terry and Beck.

That's what happens when you hire a coach from Carroll County. He was 5-35 at CC.

On 1/23/2023 at 10:13 PM, Bluebird said:

Couldn't they played at Richlands or Tazewell High.  

Very easily could play at both. Multiple teams share stadiums. Key word is could. Snowflakes chance in Hades they would actually play at THS or RHS (even though it would save the county money). Tazewell would most likely need a turf field to accommodate all the extra games before then. But Graham will probably drop to Class 1, or even consolidate, before they ever get their home stadium, even though they have a perfect setup right at the high school. Just need bleachers and some updated equipment. That field is already better than most grass fields in SWVA.

On 1/23/2023 at 2:59 PM, Hokiebird7 said:

Bburg alum and they thought it was a good hire...they were wrong...Eddie is as good a guy as you will ever find(unlike the one he took over for) but not a good football coach imo

Even the best coach cant win with bunch of soft country club kids

Marion

Aug 11 @Honaker(scrimmage)

Aug 18 Rural Retreat (Benefit)

Aug 25 @Chilhowie

Sep 1 Central

Sep 8 Lebanon

Sep 15 @Gate City

Sep 22 Open

Sep 29 @Graham

Oct 6 @Abingdon

Oct 13 Tazewell

Oct 20 Grundy

Oct 27 Richlands

Nov 3 @ VA High

31 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Guess they were embarrassed after last year's wild shootout lol

Seems like I remember them not playing a few times in the recent past as well but kind of surprised it isnt being continued at the moment unless they just couldn't find a date that worked for both teams.  It looks like Lebanon moved into the date they played last year I believe.

Graham 2023 football schedule

8-11-23   Scrimmage @ Greenbrier East vs TBD

8-18-23   Scrimmage vs James Monroe

8-25-23   @ Bluefield

9-1-23     @Galax

9-8-23     @ George Wythe

9-15-23      Union

9-22-23      Virginia High(Homecoming)

9-28-23      Marion

10-6-23      Open

10-13-23    Lebanon

10-20-23   @Pulaski County

10-27-23    Tazewell(Senior Night)

11-03-23    @Richlands

1 hour ago, 1inStripes said:

Seems like I remember them not playing a few times in the recent past as well but kind of surprised it isnt being continued at the moment unless they just couldn't find a date that worked for both teams.  It looks like Lebanon moved into the date they played last year I believe.

Northwood dropped Marion 2 cycles ago (19-20) but it really only effected one season because the 2020 season was a mess because of covid. Northwood was going to drop Marion this next cycle regardless and I dont blame them because historically it is a blow out. Last year was a big exception and hats off to Northwood for going out on top. The Northwood Marion game really doesnt help either team. I have seen it give Marion teams a lot of unearned confidence only to get boat raced the next week or even worse they lose the game and its an embarrassment. For Northwood if they win it makes their year and its even sweeter if they can beat Chilhowie but I feel like every time these 2 play Northwood always seems to lose at least one sometimes more key players for the season. That is just not worth the risk IMO

3 hours ago, CPF said:

8-25-23   @ Bluefield

9-1-23     @Galax

9-15-23      Union

9-28-23      Marion

10-6-23      Open

10-13-23    Lebanon

11-03-23    @Richlands

All the complaints about sharing a stadium yet you only have one Thursday night game... How will you guys survive this?

3 hours ago, CPF said:

8-25-23   @ Bluefield

9-1-23     @Galax

9-15-23      Union

9-28-23      Marion

10-6-23      Open

10-13-23    Lebanon

11-03-23    @Richlands

Graham scrimmaging James Monroe?  And it looks like the 2nd scrimmage for Graham so this will be closer to a real game that the first scrimmage.  I am so THERE!  Don't care where it's at.  I'm going, and boy oh boy, am I going to have some fun with this one.  I just don't have good thoughts about James Monroe dating back to the Peterstown days, but that bunch has my respect in basketball.  That's one tough bunch on the hardwood and their coach does an outstanding job, but in football, this might be the only team that I actually root against every game.  Again, I know it's probably wrong and immature, but I just can't get past Peterstown from years ago.  I hope Graham blows the scoreboard out.

20 hours ago, cityofRaven said:

All the complaints about sharing a stadium yet you only have one Thursday night game... How will you guys survive this?

I don’t mind a Thursday game but our own stadium would be nice, lol. I guess we’ll soldier on for now. 😂