Ridgeview girls

swva_havok_fan

I watched the Honaker and Wise games on nfhs.  Ridgeview is playing really well.   Wise appeared to be a little weak after the main three (Mccamis, Jordan, Looney).   Ridgeview is deeper at guard position and Hill played well.  I am no Wise fan by any means and am glad to see Ridgeview beat them but the intentional foul at the end was a joke call by Conley I think.  Approx. 20 seconds left, Ridgeview up either 1-2 pts, and they are trying to foul to stop clock.   It was a very simple, easy foul.   Nothing overly physical, no shove,  just hands on the girl.   That was the wrong call for that situation. 

15 hours ago, F@lcon said:

I watched the Honaker and Wise games on nfhs.  Ridgeview is playing really well.   Wise appeared to be a little weak after the main three (Mccamis, Jordan, Looney).   Ridgeview is deeper at guard position and Hill played well.  I am no Wise fan by any means and am glad to see Ridgeview beat them but the intentional foul at the end was a joke call by Conley I think.  Approx. 20 seconds left, Ridgeview up either 1-2 pts, and they are trying to foul to stop clock.   It was a very simple, easy foul.   Nothing overly physical, no shove,  just hands on the girl.   That was the wrong call for that situation. 

Watch it again, #12 pulled Hill's pony tail.  That's an automatic intentional foul.

On 12/15/2022 at 4:31 PM, F@lcon said:

She pulled her down by her pony tail. It was the right call 

1 hour ago, Backpack said:

She pulled her down by her pony tail. It was the right call 

I sent back and watched it again. I agree it was the right call.   I had to watch it a couple times because it happened fast.   Lol, a little dramatic to say she "pulled her down" though.   Just gave it a hard tug.  I noticed that Dotson substituted that girl in for that play and didn't act at all surprised by what happened though. 

On 12/15/2022 at 3:36 PM, swva_havok_fan said:

.... are on a very impressive run over the last 6 days.  They've defeated:

• Defending 1A champ Honaker
  • Defending 2A champ Wise Central
  • KHSAA Sweet 16 participant Letcher County Central

I think they’ve definitely surprised some people. Me included.  They seem to have a lot of scoring depth and have had multiple girls in double figures or close most games from what I’ve seen.