Tom Rife.... RHS Girls Head Coach

LWC

I've watched several games this year.  This team is out of shape and runs zero plays. He has one of the best freshman girls I've ever seen play.  I think someone said she is avg about 30 a game, but there are no set plays for her???  You have to be kidding me!

Imagine if she had a coach that knew how to use her!

RHS, this is truly the best replacement for Aaron Lowe?!?!?   

3 minutes ago, LWC said:

I've watched several games this year.  This team is out of shape and runs zero plays. He has one of the best freshman girls I've ever seen play.  I think someone said she is avg about 30 a game, but there are no set plays for her???  You have to be kidding me!

I see Aaron Lowe made a new burner account 😂

On 12/18/2022 at 10:16 PM, Tigerman10 said:

I see Aaron Lowe made a new burner account 😂

On 12/18/2022 at 10:12 PM, LWC said:

Obviously you haven't been to any games or at least you didn't pay much attention or don't know much about basketball.  Every game I've watched the other team is trying to catch their breath by the end of the 3rd quarter or sooner.   Your statement is unfounded.  These girls are in great shape and I don't believe they'll loose a game because they're out of shape.   Next time pay attention.

On 12/20/2022 at 7:58 PM, RHS Fan said:

Obviously you haven't been to any games or at least you didn't pay much attention or don't know much about basketball.  Every game I've watched the other team is trying to catch their breath by the end of the 3rd quarter or sooner.   Your statement is unfounded.  These girls are in great shape and I don't believe they'll loose a game because they're out of shape.   Next time pay attention.

Just now, RHS Fan said:

And yes, I definitely think this is who should be coachin.My name is Bobby Hale.  I never write something on lline without putting my name with it. How about you???

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Not even close to being in shape.      They won't lose a game because there isn't one good team left on there schedule that is good. When they get to region play they will lose because they are out of shape and run no plays!       

If you have someone as good as Trivette.... you have to run the offense through her!    He doesn't.... that's why he has no business coaching.  

Give Misty Miller, Brain Moore, Kory Bostic, or any other coach around Trivette and the offense would be run through her...  she is avg 30 a game by creating her own stuff... with any of the coaches above she's avg 40 a game and NO ONE could come close to stopping her because she would be in great shape and the offense would go through her! 

6 minutes ago, LWC said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Not even close to being in shape.      They won't lose a game because there isn't one good team left on there schedule that is good. When they get to region play they will lose because they are out of shape and run no plays!       

If you have someone as good as Trivette.... you have to run the offense through her!    He doesn't.... that's why he has no business coaching.  

Every game so far, every opponent has been running out of breath while we're still full court pressing so, I'm not sure why you would say their out of shape. These girls work their buts off, so don't take away from them because your trying down someone else.

I'm not taking anything from the girls hard work at all!  It's not their faults that the coach doesn't have them in shape! I like Tom as a person.   Great guy! But has no business back in coaching.  

Watch Wise Central play!  They are in shape!     Did you watch the Wise central game??   I don't think it was the Wise central girls that was out of breath.   McAmis was running circles around everyone of them

5 minutes ago, LWC said:

I'm not taking anything from the girls hard work at all!  It's not their faults that the coach doesn't have them in shape! I like Tom as a person.   Great guy! But has no business back in coaching.  

Watch Wise Central play!  They are in shape!     Did you watch the Wise central game??   I don't think it was the Wise central girls that was out of breath.   McAmis was running circles around everyone of them

Look at some stats.    

Shooting % in the 2nd half

FreeThrows % in the 2nd half 

3 % in the 2nd half  

If in shape those stats wouldn't be so different.... they are night and day

I think Annsley is one of the best freshman I've ever seen!   I'm taking nothing from her nor teammates.   I just think if she had a better coach and system to play in she would be better off. 

I think most people have different opinions on how in shape you should be for girls basketball.   From all the games I have watched this year, Richlands seems to be in about the middle.   Carroll County and Gate City are on another level entirely.   They don't stop and go 8 girls deep with intensity.   Other than Mccamis, I think Wise is pretty slow.  Ridgeview seems to be a little above Wise and Richlands on speed and endurance.  With Richlands, Trivette plays the top of their half court defense and then snowbirds hoping for the turnover and layup.   The other girls don't see the need to run down the floor and follow her.   They play decent 1 on 1 defense on the perimeter. 

11 hours ago, RHS Fan said:

I did watch wise 

Whoever LWC is, is obviously still salty over the Aaron Lowe firing. No one else has any reason whatsoever to go online and diminish the girls basketball team. 

Just hard to tell who it is though, he definitely has a big, loyal following that is willing to do his shit talking. It’s a real shame, he needs to move on. You know, move on. They are doing just fine without him. 

3 minutes ago, bleedblue89 said:

Whoever LWC is, is obviously still salty over the Aaron Lowe firing. No one else has any reason whatsoever to go online and diminish the girls basketball team. 

Just hard to tell who it is though, he definitely has a big, loyal following that is willing to do his shit talking. It’s a real shame, he needs to move on. You know, move on. They are doing just fine without him. 

Don't have a dog in this fight but with Trivette they would do just fine with anyone's grandma coaching.   Only time will tell with Rife when they get to region and have to get by mountain 7.

I'm not downing any of the girls!    They have done all they can do with what they are dealt with.   You can't expect high school girls to get themselves into shape.  That is the responsibility of the head coach.      

1 hour ago, LWC said:

I'm not downing any of the girls!    They have done all they can do with what they are dealt with.   You can't expect high school girls to get themselves into shape.  That is the responsibility of the head coach.      

Tom Rife has probably forgotten more about basketball than you or anyone else on this board currently knows and he can stIll out coach all you keyboard warriors. His assistants are more than capable, they both have an abundance of knowledge. They are lucky that he stepped up after the shitshow Aaron Lowe created. 

Also, trashing the coach is very much downing the players and serves no purpose unless you have an ax to grind due to the coaching changes. Aaron Lowe ain’t coming back, so the best thing you can do is throw your opinionated support behind the girls.