Ridgeview/GC

Observer

Big game tonight between two of the top teams in the M7.  This one could have big conference championship implications.  Ridgeview has yet to be tested, however GC has already had a few close games.  Playing at GCMS is never easy but I think the Pack will weather the storm and come out on top in a close one.  

19 minutes ago, Observer said:

I was talking about boys but both games could potentially be good.  I didn't think Ridgeview girls would beat Central but they pulled it out.  

Gate City girls are undefeated I believe.  Not sure who they have played other than us.  We were tied with them in the final seconds until they pulled it out at the end.  We have them again in Kingsport on Friday.  Hopefully the Lady Wolfpack can hand them their first 'L' and we can give them their second Friday.

13 hours ago, Observer said:

Big game tonight between two of the top teams in the M7.  This one could have big conference championship implications.  Ridgeview has yet to be tested, however GC has already had a few close games.  Playing at GCMS is never easy but I think the Pack will weather the storm and come out on top in a close one.  

Very inaccurate of you to say that Ridgeview has yet to be tested

The girls game was pretty much over at halftime as GC for the most part played a great team game from the get go. When your best shooter has zero points at halftime and you still lead by almost 20 at the half, it’s a good night.. I expected it to a be a good back and forth game, but it never happened due to GC’s defense and timely shooting.

Not sure if it was the trip or maybe the downtime from school being out, but the Ridgeview girls didn’t look like the normal team I’ve seen in the past. Most of their team is young, but they’ve played a lot of basketball, They were hesitant to shoot and not as fundamentally sound as years past.

GC girls are for real. In a game of matchups they are the worst possible matchup for a younger, smaller RV team. GC out rebounded RV 3 to 1. IMO GC girls are the best team we’ve seen and it’s not close. Be interesting to see the results on 1/3 between them and Central.

1 hour ago, PackDadx4 said:

GC girls are for real. In a game of matchups they are the worst possible matchup for a younger, smaller RV team. GC out rebounded RV 3 to 1. IMO GC girls are the best team we’ve seen and it’s not close. Be interesting to see the results on 1/3 between them and Central.

After Last night showing I will take my crow with a little bit of ranch and say GC is the favorite to win. Good thing is, we wont have to wonder because things will be settled with their first match up with Central.