Uva-Wise PVNB Classic

Wade_1

First round games tomorrow. What are y’all’s thoughts? Here’s mine:

Burton (Could be a toss up, giving adv to the team closer to home, and not too familiar with Marion) 

Shelby Valley (Just a tough matchup for Chilhowie, SV is the real deal) 

Ridgeview (Eastside will play them close)

Lebanon (Easily)

E41F13C0-B647-4BC5-A5AF-253E1DC9243C.jpeg

2 hours ago, Wade_1 said:

First round games tomorrow. What are y’all’s thoughts? Here’s mine:

Burton (Could be a toss up, giving adv to the team closer to home, and not too familiar with Marion) 

Shelby Valley (Just a tough matchup for Chilhowie, SV is the real deal) 

Ridgeview (Eastside will play them close)

Lebanon (Easily)

E41F13C0-B647-4BC5-A5AF-253E1DC9243C.jpeg

I agree with those-if they come to pass it will give us some good day two matchups. Va High and Shelby Valley will be a must see

Just now, Stelley said:

Central over burton(close) 

Va high over chilhowie (easily)

ridgeview over honaker(easily)

lebanon over union(close)

I agree with this. Lebanon’s size too much for Union

10 minutes ago, Beamerball said:

5-4 on the year…they were not very impressive. I expected much more…but even still, they should have won-missed about a dozen layups and blew a 6 point lead late. You expect more from a Kentucky team who can play 30+ games a year and 6-12 can play varsity 

1 hour ago, Tigerman10 said:

5-4 on the year…they were not very impressive. I expected much more…but even still, they should have won-missed about a dozen layups and blew a 6 point lead late. You expect more from a Kentucky team who can play 30+ games a year and 6-12 can play varsity 

The link is Shelby Valley’s girls

1 hour ago, 1inStripes said:

I just watched the first quarter but SV was not as good as I expected either.  Still a very good win for Chilhowie.  They have some athletes.

Yes taking nothing away from Chilhowie because it was a good win for them but that was a much different team than I had seen over the summer. 

14 hours ago, Tigerman10 said:

I ranked Chilhowie 1st in 1D this last week.

Lebanon still undefeated. 

Maybe I was a little wrong on your 1d rankings. Chilhowie might be a contender for the region. But I still have to say considering the fact that SV missed around 15 layups i don’t think chilhowie people should be thinking it was a good win

35 minutes ago, Stelley said:

Maybe I was a little wrong on your 1d rankings. Chilhowie might be a contender for the region. But I still have to say considering the fact that SV missed around 15 layups i don’t think chilhowie people should be thinking it was a good win

It’s definitely a good win for Chilhowie-however I think they get buzz sawed by Va High today. If they win today then we can start talking region title

2 hours ago, Tigerman10 said:

Va high blows out Chilhowie

Huge upset for Honaker over Ridgeview -happy but didn’t see that one coming. 

Considering they beat Honaker by 20+ earlier in the season

Semi final matchups:

Lebanon vs. Honaker- 7:00 pm

Central vs. Virginia High- 8:30 pm

Lebanon finally realized they had the height advantage in the second half and started to pull away against Union. Final: 53-40

Central led Norton by 15+ at halftime but came out flat and about gave the game away. Final 51-47

The biggest upset of the night goes to Honaker who stun Ridgeview shortly after suffering a 20+ point loss to them a few weeks ago. 57-54

Virginia High came out quick and never really looked back as they secured a big 82-49 win over Chilhowie. Chilhowie almost cut it to single digits in the 3rd but Virginia high bounced back with a big run in the late 3rd and all of the 4th to extend the lead. 

Does Central have anything for Va High?

Can Honaker pull another stunning upset to a team they’ve lost to before?

Lebanon has a chance to be special especially in single a. Not sure they can beat GW but I’d love to see that game. 

Union has no size and it showed. They also miss Honeycutt dearly as a ball handler and on defense.

Officiating was laughable. Kid from union walks, no call, Lebanon complains, coach gets a T. Kid from union gets hit in face, no call, then union coach gets a T.

Lucky Lebanon ran up margin and the officials couldn’t impact the game. 

18 minutes ago, BSG Historian said:

Lebanon has a chance to be special especially in single a. Not sure they can beat GW but I’d love to see that game. 

Union has no size and it showed. They also miss Honeycutt dearly as a ball handler and on defense.

Officiating was laughable. Kid from union walks, no call, Lebanon complains, coach gets a T. Kid from union gets hit in face, no call, then union coach gets a T.

Lucky Lebanon ran up margin and the officials couldn’t impact the game. 

Highly agree. Never even seen that bald ref before. And Cecil was being v soft skinned as always.