Uva-Wise PVNB Classic

Wade_1

6 hours ago, BSG Historian said:

Officiating was laughable. Kid from union walks, no call, 

In watching basketball highlights on Sportscenter, I have been under the impression for quite some time now that "travelling" is not a thing anymore! You can plainly see it in every NBA highlight.  😉

2 hours ago, sixcat said:

In watching basketball highlights on Sportscenter, I have been under the impression for quite some time now that "travelling" is not a thing anymore! You can plainly see it in every NBA highlight.  😉

In the NBA it's nothing new...been getting away with it for years

2 hours ago, Tigerman10 said:

Semis are set-my picks were pretty bad yesterday. 

Ill go with Va High playing Honaker tomorrow in the title game. 

If central plays how they did in the second half then it will be a blow out but I’d like to see them make it a semi close game. If Lebanon plays how they did in the first 3 quarters honaker will beat them. Maybe since it’s a rival game they’ll have a little more pep on their step.

Central is odd right now. They should make region tournament easily but they've started M7 play 0-2 and have yet to play GC or Abingdon (I think those are the two best teams). They're going to have to beat Lee/JSB and that won't be easy.

4 minutes ago, Tigerman10 said:

Lebanon wins the tourney in OT in one of the best games I’ve seen this year. That was a heavyweight fight between two pretty damn good teams. 

Highly agree

PVNB Holiday Classic All-Tournament team announced:

Keyton Keene- MVP, Lebanon

Andy Lambert- Lebanon

Michael Reece- Lebanon

Ethan Collins- Central

Dante Worley- Va high

Deonte Mozell- Va high

Chantz Robinette- Ridgeview 

Parker Brandy- Honaker

Eli McCoy- Eastside

Reid Osborne- Marion

Maxwell Gilliam- Burton

Ethan Sykes- Shelby Valley

Zac Hall- Chilhowie

1 hour ago, Wade_1 said:

PVNB Holiday Classic All-Tournament team announced:

Keyton Keene- MVP, Lebanon

Andy Lambert- Lebanon

Michael Reece- Lebanon

Ethan Collins- Central

Dante Worley- Va high

Deonte Mozell- Va high

Chantz Robinette- Ridgeview 

Parker Brandy- Honaker

Eli McCoy- Eastside

Reid Osborne- Marion

Maxwell Gilliam- Burton

Ethan Sykes- Shelby Valley

Zac Hall- Chilhowie

Does anyone have these players stats for the tourney other than the mvp

Congratulations to the Pioneers on winning the tournament!

This team is setting up for a special season if they can avoid injuries and continue to get better. 

What is impressive to me, is that this team has 3 seniors that provide leadership, but it's best players are mostly juniors and sophmores with an exception to Reece who is a Freshman. This team is only going to improve.  They will be a tough team over the next couple of seasons. 

5 hours ago, Pioneer said:

Congratulations to the Pioneers on winning the tournament!

This team is setting up for a special season if they can avoid injuries and continue to get better. 

What is impressive to me, is that this team has 3 seniors that provide leadership, but it's best players are mostly juniors and sophmores with an exception to Reece who is a Freshman. This team is only going to improve.  They will be a tough team over the next couple of seasons. 

I seen where one of the better players wasn’t dressed out for them. If he gets better soon they have a solid chance to win the region

On 12/29/2022 at 6:48 AM, sixcat said:

Dobyns-Bennett played in a tournament over in Asheville last month.  North Carolina refs call travelling every time a player does an Eurostep over there.  I've never seen Virginia or Tennessee refs call travelling for that.

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Dobyns-Bennett played in a tournament over in Asheville last month.  North Carolina refs call travelling every time a player does an Eurostep over there.  I've never seen Virginia or Tennessee refs call travelling for that.

The Euro-step, assuming it’s done properly, is NOT traveling!