Top 5 players from 1A and 2A? (this season)

pakdastands

In no particular order

Ramsey-Abingdon

Lane-Twin Springs

Worley-Va High

Keene-Lebanon

Willis-Tazewell 

HM- Robinette (RV) McMurray (GC) Musick (Honaker) McCoy (Eastside) Collins (Central) Bartuski (Chilhowie) Owens (TS) Osborne (Abingdon) Looney (Grundy) 

My thoughts

2A:

Ramsey-Abingdon

Worley-Va High

Garrett-Gate City

Collins-Central

Robinette-Ridgeview

with Osborne(Abingdon), McMurray(Gate City), Willis(Tazwell), Pendergraft and Hammonds(Lee High) right behind.

1A would be just a guess for me but Keene(Lebanon), Owens and Lane(Twin Springs) seem to be the ones you hear the most about.

1 hour ago, pakdastands said:

My thoughts

2A:

Ramsey-Abingdon

Worley-Va High

Garrett-Gate City

Collins-Central

Robinette-Ridgeview

with Osborne(Abingdon), McMurray(Gate City), Willis(Tazwell), Pendergraft and Hammonds(Lee High) right behind.

1A would be just a guess for me but Keene(Lebanon), Owens and Lane(Twin Springs) seem to be the ones you hear the most about.

He’s on a bad team, but Willis is better than Collins or Robinette or Garrett. 

Yeah, oookay.  Collins is on a bad team also.  He at least keeps them in every game no matter who they play.  

On 1/20/2023 at 3:56 PM, Tigerman10 said:

Just now, Tigerman10 said:

Honaker was up like 40-10 the other night at halftime…

Only game of the year.  What happened to Tazwell when they played George Wythe, Lebanon, Abingdon and I could go on.  Lost by at least 20 each game.  I'm not saying Willis is a bad player, just my opinion Collins is better and does more for his team.

1 hour ago, pakdastands said:

Only game of the year.  What happened to Tazwell when they played George Wythe, Lebanon, Abingdon and I could go on.  Lost by at least 20 each game.  I'm not saying Willis is a bad player, just my opinion Collins is better and does more for his team.

Willis has not played in a lot of those games. 

On 1/20/2023 at 2:20 PM, Tigerman10 said:

In no particular order

Ramsey-Abingdon

Lane-Twin Springs

Worley-Va High

Keene-Lebanon

Willis-Tazewell 

HM- Robinette (RV) McMurray (GC) Musick (Honaker) McCoy (Eastside) Collins (Central) Bartuski (Chilhowie) Owens (TS) Osborne (Abingdon) Looney (Grundy) 

3 hours ago, Tigerman10 said:

Willis has not played in a lot of those games. 

On 1/20/2023 at 2:55 PM, pakdastands said:

My thoughts

2A:

Ramsey-Abingdon

Worley-Va High

Garrett-Gate City

Collins-Central

Robinette-Ridgeview

Pretty sure all of these players are seniors and juniors other than one, Collins- a sophomore. Pretty impressive in my book that he’s getting compared to upperclassman. 

9 minutes ago, Bballinsider said:

Pretty sure all of these players are seniors and juniors other than one, Collins- a sophomore. Pretty impressive in my book that he’s getting compared to upperclassman. 

Collins is a really good player-his biggest issue is that he struggles getting his own shot. If Central had a dynamic PG that could take Collins off the hall he would be even better. 

When Willis is healthy he’s as good as Lane and Worley (the other two best guards in the area) 

18 hours ago, Tigerman10 said:

Collins is a really good player-his biggest issue is that he struggles getting his own shot. If Central had a dynamic PG that could take Collins off the hall he would be even better. 

When Willis is healthy he’s as good as Lane and Worley (the other two best guards in the area) 

Not sure you have ever watched him if you play he struggles getting his own shot.  Thats most ridiculous thing I have heard.  The kid averages like 25ppg on a team that has no one else average prolly 10ppg and struggles to get his own shot? Most the time he faces double and triple teams.  Sounds like to me hes finding his shot and driving just fine.

53 minutes ago, Tigerman10 said:

Yeah I don’t understand this at all. The ball is in Collins’ hand 90% of the game, so obviously he can create his own shot. The problem for central seems to be no one else can create their own. 

On 1/20/2023 at 3:56 PM, Tigerman10 said:

Very small sample size for Willis in my opinion

3 minutes ago, Wade_1 said:

Yeah I don’t understand this at all. The ball is in Collins’ hand 90% of the game, so obviously he can create his own shot. The problem for central seems to be no one else can create their own. 

Struggles to get his own shot because he’s running the team the whole time. He isn’t quick enough to beat smaller defenders and he can’t post them because he can’t pass it to himself. 

And he is nowhere close to 25 a game that’s silly.

Just now, Tigerman10 said:

Struggles to get his own shot because he’s running the team the whole time. He isn’t quick enough to beat smaller defenders and he can’t post them because he can’t pass it to himself. 

Really, you are correct, it may be closer to 23ppg.  He had 32 points on the 7 foot lineup of Abingdon.  A team that destroyed Tazwell, by what 65?  

11 minutes ago, Tigerman10 said:

5 minutes ago, pakdastands said:

Really, you are correct, it may be closer to 23ppg.  He had 32 points on the 7 foot lineup of Abingdon.  A team that destroyed Tazwell, by what 65?  

According to his hudl: https://www.hudl.com/video/3/17127549/63c0e7493deaa303f02eccc6?mibextid=Zxz2cZ

it has him for 22ppg 7.5rpg 3.2apg on 53% FG for mid-season

29 minutes ago, pakdastands said:

Abingdon beat Tazewell by 65 without Willis. With Willis it was an 11 point game. 

It’s obvious you are either related to Collins or just a really big fan. I’m not disputing that he’s a great player. I would take a soph EC for 2 more years over a senior Willis for sure. However, right now, Willis is a better player in my opinion. 

Sorry to pop your bubble, no relation here, I graduated from Abingdon, not even a Central fan in the least bit, but I do pull for Union because of friends.  I just know talent.  I guess the same could be said of you with Willis.

8 hours ago, pakdastands said:

Willis played the second game against Lebanon and Tazewell won that game.

he did not play in the other games 

3 hours ago, Observer said:

Anybody notice a common trend on this board? 

In every season a player from Tazewell is the best player in their sport, yet the TEAM isn't very good.

The people arguing this point are admittedly not from & not associated with Tazewell. 

That’s not very observant of an observer.