Chilhowie vs. Lebanon Pt. 3

Rev833

Chilhowie and Lebanon square off again, but this time regular season bragging rights and a #1 seed in the Region 1D tournament is at stake. The game is being played at Emory and Henry--Saturday (2/11) at 6:00PM. What are your thoughts? 

3 hours ago, Rev833 said:

Chilhowie and Lebanon square off again, but this time regular season bragging rights and a #1 seed in the Region 1D tournament is at stake. The game is being played at Emory and Henry--Saturday (2/11) at 6:00PM. What are your thoughts? 

Lebanon win by 15+. At chilhowie I think they got to shoot 33 free throws and converted on 29 ( which is still limpressive they made most of the foul shots). The refs were terrible making calls I’ve never seen before. Every Lebanon starter had 4 fouls one of their bench guys fouled out and the rest of them had at least 2. Way bigger gym at Emory than chilhowie. Chilhowie might be able to “pack the hot box.” Their fans will be there but won’t have that big effect on their momentum because they might be able to take up a quarter of those bleachers. Lebanon is use to a big floor since their home gym is one of the larger in the areas. They beat chilhowie by 20 I think at home. They won the wise tourney which is also a large court and played 5 games on it for 5 days in a row so they probably will not get tired versus chilhowie who does not have that much depth and will get tired. Leb 71-55 over chilhowie 

4 hours ago, Rev833 said:

These two teams might have the best resumes in 1D…and maybe 2D as well. Lebanon has wins over Va High, Honaker(2), Eastside (2) Union and the one win against Chilhowie.  Chilhowie has wins over Shelby Valley, Ridgeview, Union (2) and the win over Lebanon. Should be a good game. 

42 minutes ago, breckt said:

Any idea if the game will be on NFHS since the game is at Emory?

As of now, it is showing that there will be a game, but it’s saying that it’s published by Chilhowie. So I’d say pretty doubtful. Probably show an empty gym at Chilhowie if it does stream. 

48 minutes ago, BSG Historian said:

Lebanon’s size slows down Chilhowie. As long as the Pioneers can avoid sending the Warriors to the foul line, they win it. Bigger floor helps Lebanon also. 

It was still impressive by the pioneers to only lose by one when chilhowie scored 20+ points from the line.

I think Lebanon wins but it won’t be easy. Chilhowie has this us against the world mentality so they will come play like their playoff life depends on it (which it doesn’t but that’s what they said in the paper). I expect Emory to be packed with Orange but it won’t be a hostile as last game. Should be a wild environment I can’t wait to watch this one

On 2/9/2023 at 6:00 PM, Stelley said:

Lebanon win by 15+. At chilhowie I think they got to shoot 33 free throws and converted on 29 ( which is still limpressive they made most of the foul shots). The refs were terrible making calls I’ve never seen before. Every Lebanon starter had 4 fouls one of their bench guys fouled out and the rest of them had at least 2. Way bigger gym at Emory than chilhowie. Chilhowie might be able to “pack the hot box.” Their fans will be there but won’t have that big effect on their momentum because they might be able to take up a quarter of those bleachers. Lebanon is use to a big floor since their home gym is one of the larger in the areas. They beat chilhowie by 20 I think at home. They won the wise tourney which is also a large court and played 5 games on it for 5 days in a row so they probably will not get tired versus chilhowie who does not have that much depth and will get tired. Leb 71-55 over chilhowie 

Low scoring affair. Still accurate saying that leb would win by 15+.

Officials refused to blow the whistle. It was the same group that had the Marion VA high game last night and it was the same result. If either game was remotely closer things would have gotten chippy. They had zero control of either game

5 minutes ago, Jags52 said:

Officials refused to blow the whistle. It was the same group that had the Marion VA high game last night and it was the same result. If either game was remotely closer things would have gotten chippy. They had zero control of either game

Rather it be like that than how it was at chilhowie.

3 minutes ago, Stelley said:

Rather it be like that than how it was at chilhowie.

Don’t get me wrong I hate when a crew blows the whistle every 30 seconds of game clock that not fun to watch at all. Last night felt like an over correction from the last game. It was fair atleast they didn’t call a thing the game only last an hour and 10 mints from tip to final buzzer. 

17 minutes ago, Jags52 said:

Don’t get me wrong I hate when a crew blows the whistle every 30 seconds of game clock that not fun to watch at all. Last night felt like an over correction from the last game. It was fair atleast they didn’t call a thing the game only last an hour and 10 mints from tip to final buzzer. 

Never thought I would see the day when Lebanon is considered a physical team, but I’ve come around to their toughness this year. That was an impressive defensive effort.