Region 2D Scores and Updates

Wade_1

5 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Wrote earlier that by seasons end, Graham might clip a Union, GC, or RV. I would not be surprised if Graham gives GC a close game. I think GC wins, but no shock if Graham wins it. 

I’ve not kept up with basketball this season but I think I seen where Union played them close and they have at least 3 freshmen playing significant minutes so it wouldn’t surprise me if graham beats them 

22 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

I’ve not kept up with basketball this season but I think I seen where Union played them close and they have at least 3 freshmen playing significant minutes so it wouldn’t surprise me if graham beats them 

That's what I'm going by Duke, the close game with Union-GC.  But....that's a rivalry.  One thing about GC, and you may know this, but I am not sure.  Has GC ever NOT advanced to the state level this century?  Since the year of 2000, how many times has Gate City NOT finished in the top 2 of the region and advanced to the state tournament?  I don't know the answer, but I'm not sure if it has Ever happened where they don't advance in the top 2?  It can't be more than 2 or 3 times just thinking back off the top of my head.  This is what leads me to believe GC will beat Graham.  They seem to rise to the occasion within Region D.  If Graham pulls this off, it's kind of a rare thing for Gate City (to not advance to state level) out of the region.

6 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Richlands has good size, I would try to work it inside as much as possible.  Down by 4, still could pull this out.

Exactly! Get it to Trivette inside! They could get it back, Central has turned it over several times. Not the Central of years past. If they lose, they can only blame themselves. Handed Richlands the game to win. 

3 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Final. 
Richlands 51 | Central 54 

What a game. Great atmosphere. Trivette with 27 I think. McAmis was great, too. These two have 2 more years of duels if they don’t transfer. 

If either team loses either of them, that’s basically their entire team. Both are the best their respective teams have to offer. Otherwise, just average teams. 

1 minute ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

Anyone gonna enlighten us what happened behind the Richlands bench after that timeout that cut it to 3? 😳 

Parent of a Richlands player came down to the huddle and threw punches at Rife is what it looked like. 

1 minute ago, Ryan4VT said:

Parent of a Richlands player came down to the huddle and threw punches at Rife is what it looked like. 

Assuming Rife is the older gentleman, I’m not familiar with Richlands staff, he definitely put an end to whatever happened. 😂

2 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Parent had no business behind the bench running his mouth. He’ll blame Rife for the loss no doubt. Never mind, both teams aren’t very good other than their two standouts.