Region 2D Scores and Updates

Wade_1

1 minute ago, Gridiron60 said:

Parent had no business behind the bench running his mouth. He’ll blame Rife for the loss no doubt. Never mind, both teams aren’t very good other than their two standouts. 

How many more times you gonna say that and keep putting down 20 other girls man? 

5 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Parent of a Richlands player came down to the huddle and threw punches at Rife is what it looked like. 

In review of the video — the parent comes down and mouths something to Rife and Rife literally climbs over chairs to go over and start shoving him. 

3 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Parent had no business behind the bench running his mouth. He’ll blame Rife for the loss no doubt. Never mind, both teams aren’t very good other than their two standouts. 

No horse and the race and very ignorant on the teams but I know Central has a girl that was widely recognized as one of the top 1A players last season. 

Just now, Ryan4VT said:

How many more times you gonna say that and keep putting down 20 other girls man? 

I’m just saying with the parent acting like that & coming at the coach he’s going to blame the coach. He obviously thought the coach wasn’t doing what he (the parent) thought he should be doing. Both teams are average. Do they hustle? Yes! Do they play hard? Yes! Richlands looked more than average during the regular season because SWD is weak. Trivette who is big time talented as is girl from Central. Hopefully, neither transfer and the teams develop more by next season. 

44 minutes ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

No horse and the race and very ignorant on the teams but I know Central has a girl that was widely recognized as one of the top 1A players last season. 

I agree. She is very talented and definitely a top player. I still think the McCamis girl is the biggest talent on the team. Wonder if Grundy girl will stay at Central? What grade is she in? 

Doesn’t matter what parent said. Rife is a school employee and cannot attack a parent.  Watched the video many times, Rife jumped the chair and became physical.  Grounds for immediate dismissal and legal charges.

7 minutes ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

I wish I could remember her name but when she transferred in and joined McCamis I didn’t think anyone would be able to handle central. 

I think Central is probably better than they played tonight. They had a hard time handling the ball even without a ton of pressure from Richlands.  Turned it over numerous times. There’s definitely been lots of talented players come out of Central over the years though.

7 minutes ago, F@lcon said:

Doesn’t matter what parent said. Rife is a school employee and cannot attack a parent.  Watched the video many times, Rife jumped the chair and became physical.  Grounds for immediate dismissal and legal charges.

This. Parent isn’t an angel — but he also was not on the court and did not touch Rife. You are a school employee. You cannot go into the stands and start shoving people. 

I had already heard that Rife was not going to return next season due to the amount of whining and crying by parents. I really hate that this happened. So long “MAGNUM”

2 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

This. Parent isn’t an angel — but he also was not on the court and did not touch Rife. You are a school employee. You cannot go into the stands and start shoving people. 

Don’t they kick unruly fans out anymore? There were enough law enforcement and others that could have prevented it by telling the parent to leave or go sit in the stands. Not defending the coach but parent shouldn’t have been allowed to stand behind the bench and run his mouth. Sit down, shut up, watch the game, period. Parent doesn’t go up behind the bench & run his mouth, this incident never happens.  I’d say this was Rife’s last game either way. 

Not all on coaching but Rife bears some of the blame. Dotson basically ran a junk 3-2 on Trivvette and Rife refused to make adjustments. Never found a way to get her the ball consistently or in a position to attack and not be immediately doubled or tripled.  Fact that she still had almost 30 is a testament to how good she is. Wise put their best player(Mcamis) in positions to make plays and she did for herself and others as well she’s a great passer. Richlands did not do the same for trivvette as most of her buckets were like pulling teeth. Some of Richlands other players stepped up and hit some big time shots. Sad to see what happened at the end though as it looked like Richlands players were upset and even some crying about the altercation. Overall great uptempo game would’ve been even better with a shot clock(come on vhsl) lol

When wise went into a stall offense, Rife stayed in a zone defense with Trivette in the paint leaving 2 guards chasing 3 girls passing it around the perimeter.  No chance at a steal or putting pressure on the ball handlers.

Been reading some old threads about Rife pushing Lowe out.  Administration appears to shoulder much of the blame for what happened.  They removed Lowe, ignored parents discontent and targeted the parent involved with Rife last night.  He was in line to get a boys coaching position but once his family voiced their feelings publicly, the board essentially refused to allow him to have any affiliation with the program.  This was a power play that blew up in their face and makes sense why Rife lost his mind at the game like he did.

Bottom line is something like this was bound to happen with the direction that fan behavior has been trending over the last couple of years.  Treatment of coaches, and officials, by fans is worse now than it has ever been in the history of hs sports.  Say whatever you want with no consequences.  Hate that it happened, and yes more is expected from school employees. But are we really surprised? HS coaches in our state are paid less than a cook at McDonald's, for a year's worth of work....plus all the ridicule that comes from fans, like last night.

10 minutes ago, F@lcon said:

When wise went into a stall offense, Rife stayed in a zone defense with Trivette in the paint leaving 2 guards chasing 3 girls passing it around the perimeter.  No chance at a steal or putting pressure on the ball handlers.

Been reading some old threads about Rife pushing Lowe out.  Administration appears to shoulder much of the blame for what happened.  They removed Lowe, ignored parents discontent and targeted the parent involved with Rife last night.  He was in line to get a boys coaching position but once his family voiced their feelings publicly, the board essentially refused to allow him to have any affiliation with the program.  This was a power play that blew up in their face and makes sense why Rife lost his mind at the game like he did.

It’s definitely a mess now. I wouldn’t want to be Tom Rife, Chris Stacy, or Ricky Vencil this morning. I’d say this has been brewing all season after everything that happened. I would imagine, parents have been badmouthing Rife since the brew haha happened with Lowe. Rife probably regrets stepping in to fill the position now. Bottom line, nothing to do with Rife or Lowe situation. Parents need to stay in the stands, sit down , & watch the game. Dumba$$ move going down behind the bench yelling at the coach with 8 seconds left & your team down by 3 points. Great job, dad! You created a chaotic situation at the most crucial moment of the game. 

19 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

Pretty boy didn't know what to do when Rife grabbed him. He must be from Hidden Valley, definitely not Raven.😂

Them Raven boys would have put ole Tom in his place 😂 They’re a different kind of tough on that end of town. 

1 hour ago, F@lcon said:

Tom Rife didn’t push anyone out. He stepped up after Aaron Lowe was fired, he has absolutely nothing to do with the shit show Aaron Lowe caused and continues to keep stirred up now. Ricky Lawrence, the white Tshirt dude, is salty because he wasn’t hired as the boys coach. 

It’s common knowledge that Tom is only coaching this year, he had no intention of returning. The treatment he and his assistants are receiving from Aaron Lowes army of loyalist is shameful and they do not deserve that, they stood up and lead these girls to a successful season despite all the bullshit.  The minute Ricky Lawrence decided to get up out of his seat, stand behind the players during the game and run his mouth, was the minute he decided to take away from his daughters and all the girls success and make it about him. He’s robbed his daughter and all the girls the opportunity to enjoy their accomplishments. Parents need to stay in the stands. Period.