Region 2D Scores and Updates

Wade_1

12 minutes ago, bleedblue89 said:

Tom Rife didn’t push anyone out. He stepped up after Aaron Lowe was fired, he has absolutely nothing to do with the shit show Aaron Lowe caused and continues to keep stirred up now. Ricky Lawrence, the white Tshirt dude, is salty because he wasn’t hired as the boys coach. 

It’s common knowledge that Tom is only coaching this year, he had no intention of returning. The treatment he and his assistants are receiving from Aaron Lowes army of loyalist is shameful and they do not deserve that, they stood up and lead these girls to a successful season despite all the bullshit.  The minute Ricky Lawrence decided to get up out of his seat, stand behind the players during the game and run his mouth, was the minute he decided to take away from his daughters and all the girls success and make it about him. He’s robbed his daughter and all the girls the opportunity to enjoy their accomplishments. Parents need to stay in the stands. Period. 

Well said!  

14 minutes ago, bleedblue89 said:

Tom Rife didn’t push anyone out. He stepped up after Aaron Lowe was fired, he has absolutely nothing to do with the shit show Aaron Lowe caused and continues to keep stirred up now. Ricky Lawrence, the white Tshirt dude, is salty because he wasn’t hired as the boys coach. 

It’s common knowledge that Tom is only coaching this year, he had no intention of returning. The treatment he and his assistants are receiving from Aaron Lowes army of loyalist is shameful and they do not deserve that, they stood up and lead these girls to a successful season despite all the bullshit.  The minute Ricky Lawrence decided to get up out of his seat, stand behind the players during the game and run his mouth, was the minute he decided to take away from his daughters and all the girls success and make it about him. He’s robbed his daughter and all the girls the opportunity to enjoy their accomplishments. Parents need to stay in the stands. Period. 

💯 %

All of this!!!!

I don’t know Rife, Lowe or Lawrence personally.  I am basing my opinions on what went down before the season and the video from the game.  Neither one of them were innocent by any means but the fact is that Rife chose to make it physical and that’s inexcusable for anyone, especially a school employee on school property.  That crossed into a legal matter at that point.  

20 minutes ago, F@lcon said:

I don’t know Rife, Lowe or Lawrence personally.  I am basing my opinions on what went down before the season and the video from the game.  Neither one of them were innocent by any means but the fact is that Rife chose to make it physical and that’s inexcusable for anyone, especially a school employee on school property.  That crossed into a legal matter at that point.  

Nah, if white Tshirt dude kept his ass on the bleachers and watched the ballgame from the bleachers and cheered the team on from the bleachers and ran his mouth at the coach and refs from the bleachers, the scene would have been avoided. Since we are doing what ifs and opinions, they may have even pulled out a win. But no one will ever know that now. 

Tom Rife has no intention of returning. All Ricky Lawrence did was ruin those girls last game and make it about himself. He had a choice to keep his ass put and watch the ballgame, yet here we are debating his shitty behavior that started the shit show.  Parents need to stay in the stands. The entire scenario wouldn’t have happened if he kept his ass on the bleachers. 

Good luck finding a new coach, no one in their right mind would apply for it after last night. 

31 minutes ago, bleedblue89 said:

Good luck finding a new coach, no one in their right mind would apply for it after last night. 

Ain’t that the truth! It would have to be someone with no knowledge whatever of the situation and not from Richlands. It actually would probably be better to try & get someone from outside Tazewell County. Even then, the Aaron Lowe bunch sounds like aren’t going to be satisfied with anyone other than him. It’s hilarious them saying Rife wanted Lowe’s job. Rife was doing a favor like when he coached Tazewell boys that year. 

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

Ain’t that the truth! It would have to be someone with no knowledge whatever of the situation and not from Richlands. It actually would probably be better to try & get someone from outside Tazewell County. Even then, the Aaron Lowe bunch sounds like aren’t going to be satisfied with anyone other than him. It’s hilarious them saying Rife wanted Lowe’s job. Rife was doing a favor like when he coached Tazewell boys that year. 

Rife has stepped into a couple of situations after his retirement, that he did not have to step into.  He did it to help out, when there was nobody else to help.  His reaction last night most likely was the straw that broke the camel's back.  I hate it for those girls to have their season end like that.  This whole coaching fiasco for the entire season from the shenanigans that started it and then last night has taken away from what is supposed to be about those girls and not the crappy behavior of the adults involved.

"The M7 is the better Hoops District in my opinion for sure compared to the SWD, but it's not out of the realm this year for the two teams advancing to state are both from the SWD in Virginia High and Graham.  I'm not saying they do it, but I mentioned this earlier.  There just ain't much of a big difference in Virginia High, Gate City, Central, Union, Ridgeview, Graham. Graham has the ability to beat GC, Union, or Ridgeview in the region tournament."

Looks like it's the 2 from the SWD moving on to state.

1 hour ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

"The M7 is the better Hoops District in my opinion for sure compared to the SWD, but it's not out of the realm this year for the two teams advancing to state are both from the SWD in Virginia High and Graham.  I'm not saying they do it, but I mentioned this earlier.  There just ain't much of a big difference in Virginia High, Gate City, Central, Union, Ridgeview, Graham. Graham has the ability to beat GC, Union, or Ridgeview in the region tournament."

Looks like it's the 2 from the SWD moving on to state.

It was a crazy night of hoops for sure. Props to all four teams for playing hard fought games. I hesitate to say Gate City & Graham aren’t on the same level as the Gate City & Graham of 2018 because that might hurt people’s feelings. Sometimes teams are good & play hard but aren’t as good in comparison to past years. I know that’s controversial. 

9 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

It was a crazy night of hoops for sure. Props to all four teams for playing hard fought games. I hesitate to say Gate City & Graham aren’t on the same level as the Gate City & Graham of 2018 because that might hurt people’s feelings. Sometimes teams are good & play hard but aren’t as good in comparison to past years. I know that’s controversial. 

Maybe not, but Graham's 3 best players are sophomores. The best is yet to come.