Region 2D Scores and Updates

Wade_1

You can’t hold the ball against VH if you’re Graham even with a slight lead. It will cost you the game which it did. Of course, I’m no coach and my thoughts may be way off. Just my observation…Graham held the ball way too much trying to run down the clock. It was definitely a thriller here in Bristol. Good luck to both going forward! 

2 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

VH beats Graham in a thriller.  Floyd leads James River by 13 points in the early 4th qtr.  Looks like Graham will travel to Radford and Virginia will host Floyd County in Class 2s West.

Doesn't Floyd and Radford have to play first?

Correct, my bad.  I still don't know why 2C does this.  Every freakin year, they do the 2C Title game on Monday night and the semi's are the 2 days before on Saturday and it confuses the heck out of me.

Radford vs Floyd for the Title Game Monday night at the Dedmon Center.  The winner will host Graham and the loser will travel to Virginia High.

14 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Correct, my bad.  I still don't know why 2C does this.  Every freakin year, they do the 2C Title game on Monday night and the semi's are the 2 days before on Saturday and it confuses the heck out of me.

Radford vs Floyd for the Title Game Monday night at the Dedmon Center.  The winner will host Graham and the loser will travel to Virginia High.

Normally, the answer would be money. In this case, it can’t be that because Friday semis and Saturday championship should bring in much higher revenue.

1 hour ago, BigWinners said:

When Graham and Union played, it was something like 7-8 out of 10 players on the court were sophomores or younger. Both teams have bright futures. 

I think the level of play should take an uptick next year with some of the young teams like Graham & Union getting experience this year and learning. I’m not downing kids but younger players sometimes make younger player mistakes and they learn from those. Hopefully, we’re in for a lot of competitive quality basketball the next couple seasons in SWVA. I know I’ve said level of play was down this year but like you noted , some teams have younger players. Future should be brighter for SWVA boys’ basketball. 

On 2/24/2023 at 10:39 AM, Liam McPoyle said:

I think I spotted a fan with outside food and an umbrella in the video. I just hope the School Board addresses this issue as well.

They seemed to have missed the bag that was not clear. I bet it wasn't even searched properly. 

23 hours ago, BigWinners said:

When Graham and Union played, it was something like 7-8 out of 10 players on the court were sophomores or younger. Both teams have bright futures. 

Union has a governor on their potential which is their team height. As scrappy as they are....it helps to be above 6'.  I'm curious if the McClung media blitz stokes the Gate City basketball fires a bit.