Richlands incident

BandanaVTDavis4321

8 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

All these people commenting on social media outlets knowing nothing about the backstory. 😂I stand by my comment that Tom Rife will be a legend among HS coaches everywhere whether they voice it publicly or not. 😂 

I thought about you last night. I saw it online somewhere and a coach commented "doing it for every high school coach in history". 😂

1 hour ago, Liam McPoyle said:

Latest odds for SWVA Sports Video of the Year:

2:1 -"House of Hustle Throwdown: Coach v. Daddy"

100:1 -"Rappin' G-Boyz"

200:1 -"Ridin' the Ramey"

That's as good as it gets. Just no way to top this masterpiece.  There's comedy and then there's comedic genius. This one leans to the genius side.

1 hour ago, Liam McPoyle said:

Latest odds for SWVA Sports Video of the Year:

2:1 -"House of Hustle Throwdown: Coach v. Daddy"

100:1 -"Rappin' G-Boyz"

200:1 -"Ridin' the Ramey"

My only suggestion: we name this incident the Tussle in the Hustle. 😂

5 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Play stupid games when stupid prizes. Seriously, this isn’t a surprise. I would have expected that to happen. 

also no charges have been file as of that article  but the incident was under investigation and would be concluded by Wednesday!!

3 hours ago, stantheman said:

also no charges have been file as of that article  but the incident was under investigation and would be concluded by Wednesday!!

I’m no lawyer and I’m not in law enforcement. I really find it hard to believe they could make an assault charge stick with no more than happened. I don’t know if the guy spit on Rife as rumored but if someone witnessed that, it sort negates an assault charge against Rife. I suppose the stepdad could take out a restraining order against Rife.

It’s just a mess that needs to fade away quickly so those young ladies can be celebrated for such a successful season. Girls thrust in the middle of a 💩show by adults. It’s pathetic really that some of these parents couldn’t just get behind Rife this season for the sake of their daughters and the team. They chose instead to sow division and discord. That’s truly sad when adults make it all about them. 

3 minutes ago, cityofRaven said:

I'm not a fan of either party involved to be honest but any charge is a bit much in this situation.

The only thing this charge does is keep this story alive longer than it should be. 

Exactly! It further tarnishes the season these girls had. Both used poor judgement, the end, move on. 

52 minutes ago, cityofRaven said:

Plot twist - Rife is sentenced community service and has to coach Richlands girls basketball for another year.

I mean he was SWD Coach of the Year 😂😂😂

Tussle in the Hustle from Ryan & Plot twist community service from you, y’all Richlands guys come up with some funny stuff!  👏👏👏

2 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Did the guy spit on him or just a rumor? Cause if he indeed did then Rife is more calm than I would have been

If he had spit on him, I imagine the fan would have been charged as well.