A Note To Rick Cormany at Radford, Julius Gallishaw at Virginia High or whichever team makes the 2A Final vs. John Marshall

If by chance you have 5 guys who can handle the ball very very well and you get to face John Marshall in the 2A Final,  do us all a favor down here. Call on the spirit of Dean Smith and just go the Carolina 4 Corners and hold the ball on those guys.  

I'm sure Ty White would be so frustrated at his number one team not being able to score more than 20 to 30 points in the first quarter and how that would look so bad on him and his recruited private school public school team.  If I'm playing that team full of recruited jokers and I have a team that I know can handle the ball,  I'm going to go spread 4 corners and make them work for every single thing they get.  If I get beat heck I get beat.  But you want to have some fun and get all the fans who don't want JM to win on your side and make it a ballgame???  Go do that 4 corners.  The NFHS Network would blow up with people trying to watch this going on.  I can see it now.   

Final from VCU's Siegel Center

John Marshall 21

Radford 6

I would bow in the utmost respect to any coach that does this.  And I'm sure the point would get across I would hope.  But to me, It would be awesome!

Just my take.  Any others?

29 minutes ago, BlueDevil4Life2008 said:

If by chance you have 5 guys who can handle the ball very very well and you get to face John Marshall in the 2A Final,  do us all a favor down here. Call on the spirit of Dean Smith and just go the Carolina 4 Corners and hold the ball on those guys.  

I'm sure Ty White would be so frustrated at his number one team not being able to score more than 20 to 30 points in the first quarter and how that would look so bad on him and his recruited private school public school team.  If I'm playing that team full of recruited jokers and I have a team that I know can handle the ball,  I'm going to go spread 4 corners and make them work for every single thing they get.  If I get beat heck I get beat.  But you want to have some fun and get all the fans who don't want JM to win on your side and make it a ballgame???  Go do that 4 corners.  The NFHS Network would blow up with people trying to watch this going on.  I can see it now.   

John Marshall 21

Radford 6

I would bow in the utmost respect to any coach that does this.  And I'm sure the point would get across I would hope.  But to me, It would be awesome!

I was actually thinking of this idea earlier. I think its your only shot at beating them. I agree completely. 

Definitely worth an ole Montcalm vs Pocahontas final score 2 to 1 approach, but guess what Marshall's specialty is?  Freaking man to man defense and trapping/pressure defense.  It would keep the margin of victory down a bit.  They are incredible at forcing turnovers in their half court defense.  As for coaching, you give your team the best possible chance to win that is within the rules.  In this case, holding the ball is clearly the right approach.  My opinion only.  Might as well try something different that no team they have played has been able to accomplish, so do something radical.  Hold the dang ball.  I agree, but just my opinion.

2 hours ago, BlueDevil4Life2008 said:

John Marshall 21

Radford 6

Have one player cross into front court corner with ball and other 4 form a half circle “screen” to prevent defenders from getting close enough to guard or get 5 second call, lol.

I'd throw the flying V at them. The annexation of Puerto Rico. The Philly special. The fumblerooski. The statue of liberty.

Unfortunately none of those are basketball plays. But hey, throw it at em.

On a side note. If you make it to the championship game then you are THE state champs in my mind. I don't care what the record books say.

2 hours ago, -oo- said:

I'd throw the flying V at them. The annexation of Puerto Rico. The Philly special. The fumblerooski. The statue of liberty.

On a side note. If you make it to the championship game then you are THE state champs in my mind. I don't care what the record books say.

Maybe they can try this.

2 hours ago, -oo- said:

I agree, 2nd place in 2A is the real state champ.  But, you have to feel for whoever JM knocks out in the 1st and 2nd rounds also.  I think it's ridiculous that that JM team is competing for a title in 2A, but that's the rules that are in place.  We can hope for that consolidation plan to go through in Richmond, but with the politics of that place, nothing ever happens, it only gets talked about.

4 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Definitely worth an ole Montcalm vs Pocahontas final score 2 to 1 approach, but guess what Marshall's specialty is?  Freaking man to man defense and trapping/pressure defense.  It would keep the margin of victory down a bit.  They are incredible at forcing turnovers in their half court defense.  As for coaching, you give your team the best possible chance to win that is within the rules.  In this case, holding the ball is clearly the right approach.  My opinion only.  Might as well try something different that no team they have played has been able to accomplish, so do something radical.  Hold the dang ball.  I agree, but just my opinion.

Agree. I have watched JM several times and they have the size and quickness to effectively press. I like the idea of slowing it down but I am not sure it would work against JM. 

1 hour ago, go24 said:

Agree. I have watched JM several times and they have the size and quickness to effectively press. I like the idea of slowing it down but I am not sure it would work against JM. 

Nobody in 2A will be within 40 points of them, unless it is slowed way down.  Heck, nobody in 6A  in Virginia can come close to them.

I remember playing in a travel ball tournament in Tennessee when I was in 5th grade. We lost to a team from Kingsport 124-16 in the quarterfinals. 

No surprise, that team made it to the championship and the opponent for that game just walked out, shook hands and left.

Would be funny if that is what John Marshall opponents did as a sign of protest.

On 3/3/2023 at 10:16 AM, BlueDevil4Life2008 said:

John Marshall 21

Radford 6

NFHS just about blows up every single day, so I don't think it needs any extra help lol

On 3/3/2023 at 6:24 PM, cityofRaven said:

I remember playing in a travel ball tournament in Tennessee when I was in 5th grade. We lost to a team from Kingsport 124-16 in the quarterfinals. 

No surprise, that team made it to the championship and the opponent for that game just walked out, shook hands and left.

Would be funny if that is what John Marshall opponents did as a sign of protest.

I know for a fact that someone has offered to pay the fine for Radford if they make it that far to then not show up.  I know that won't happen but the fine would be paid for.

On 3/3/2023 at 6:17 PM, Real Sasquatch said:

Nobody in 2A will be within 40 points of them, unless it is slowed way down.  Heck, nobody in 6A  in Virginia can come close to them.

Hayfield beat them last year. If they played this year not saying they would win but it would be a close game.

On 3/6/2023 at 3:20 PM, BBHoops_18 said:

Hayfield beat them last year. If they played this year not saying they would win but it would be a close game.

I’m not sure it would be. Rivera and Allmond weren’t playing for JM last year.  2 additional quality players to the mix.