State Quarterfinals scores.

Real Sasquatch

State Semis, GW up 1 pt over Auburn at the half. Maroons trying to make it to the state title in 2 boys sports this season. The winner gets undefeated Lancaster which I wrote earlier in the year, is probably the second best Class 2 school in VA this year behind John Marshall, even though Lancaster is class 1. Tall task for the Auburn/GW winner.

McCamis is a true “Warrior” leading her team tonight playing injured…just incredible. Despite my earlier musings about girls’ basketball being down, these two teams brought it tonight. Very exciting game! Good luck Lady Warriors! Bring that title back to SWVA! 

Another tight one as Eastsides gals advance to the state title game with a 1 pt win over Burton. Eastside will play Rappahannock County and Eastside is going to win the state title imo. So will Centrals girls imo. Go ahead and pencil in Carroll County. Radfords boys obviously have a juggernaut, but so does G.Wythe, but that's why we play the games. With GW, there's at least a chance, but not so much with Radford.

Final in Class 2, John Marshall 112, Brunswick (the second best Class 2 team in VA this year) 49. Here's what I read and this needs clarified, but what I read from a Richmond tweet. It was 46 to nothing in favor of John Marshall at halftime. If that is true, it's just some alien like shi@. I'm telling ya though, it's what I read.

1 hour ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

State Semis

Floyd 38, Radford 28 at the end of 3. Winner play for the state title against the John Marshall vs Brunswick winner. Well, .....the winner gets John Marshall.

Wow.  Surprised to see Floyd is up by 10.

44 minutes ago, sixcat said:

(Not so) patiently waiting for the state final of Math MACC to begin at Virginia Tech. My daughter is in the final. 

Gotta shout out those mathletes too!!!

Blacksburg 75
Galax 45 

Proud of the Galax kids. The math team is my daughter (a senior), two sophomores and two 8th graders. First time anyone can remember Galax having a MACC team advance this far. If you’re unfamiliar with MACC, each question is worth 5 points. 

I referred to this thing as "state championship" earlier because I couldn't remember what this thing is called. It's called Super MACC and it's for the schools in this region from Montgomery County through to the Kentucky/West Virginia/Tennessee/North Carolina borders. Teams and competitions are in the categories of Social Studies, English, Science, All-Around and Math. Blacksburg pretty much cleans house every year and in every category.

MACC = Mountain Academic Competition Conference

12 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Central Wise girls does not give the Devils their due, as Central beats Gate City by 1 pt and will play for the Class 2 state title game.

11 hours ago, BigWinners said:

That one surprises me 

Not me.  Robin wins when it matters.

District championship game didn't matter.  Central was always going to be the 2 seed.

Region championship game didn't matter.  Central was advancing regardless and still got to play their quarterfinal at home (though they didn't know that at the time).

When, it's win or go home, it's best to lay all the chips on the table and go with coach Dotson every time.

The district championship game did matter.  It was for the 1 seed for the district tourney and auto bid.  Central won the district tourney title that meant less than the district title playoff.  Mostly though, that was the state title game last night though.