Co Op schools

Bluebird

On 3/12/2023 at 4:03 PM, sixcat said:

My brother and I have talked about his high school years often. Grayson reached the state tournament three times in a four year span. Had Bland and Rocky Gap been combined at that time, they could have legitimately been state contenders. 

Bland had a lot of size but no ball handlers or really anyone that could shoot from range. Bland had a talented center named Heath Puckett that went a solid 6’-6” and 250 pounds. He started for 4-years at Roanoke College. I believe Puckett was the nephew of Joe Stiltner. 

Rocky Gap was loaded with guards that could shoot it from anywhere in the gym but no size. RG’s gym felt like playing in an elementary school cafeteria. 

Heath Puckett and Joey Meadows.  Those guys came up from 3rd grade and up when Bland's little league played in Narrows' little league.  Always got along and had damn good games with that bunch from day 1 but you can bet come February of 1999, we'd seen enough of them 2, especially Puckett.  Multiple games a year 3rd thru 12th grade. 

On 3/25/2023 at 10:24 PM, SW_VA_boy said:

Heath Puckett and Joey Meadows.  Those guys came up from 3rd grade and up when Bland's little league played in Narrows' little league.  Always got along and had damn good games with that bunch from day 1 but you can bet come February of 1999, we'd seen enough of them 2, especially Puckett.  Multiple games a year 3rd thru 12th grade. 

My brother and Puckett were pretty good friends. Played a LOT of games against each other over the years. High School and college.