Next year predictions?

pakdastands

Just my opinions only...

Region C Class 1.  Auburn and George Wythe have MANY nailbiters and back and forths all season until they play again in the Region C Title game, and the winner of this game Wins the state title over Brunswick.  Brunswick drops down to Class 1 next year and was the 2nd best team in Class 2 this year behind John Marshall.  Brunswick in a nailbiter over Lancaster in the Region A, Class 1 championship and those two meet again in the East Semifinals to play the winner of GW/Auburn.

Region C Class 2.  Radford, period.  Radford again plays John Marshall for the 3rd straight time in the title game.

Region D Class 1.   Honaker advances to the state tournament again, but this time, they host the loser of Auburn-George Wythe as Honaker wins Region D.  I think a Region C team (GW or Auburn) wins the West and advances to the title game as mentioned above.

Region D Class 2.  Graham wins the region closely over Union, Gate City, Virginia High, and Graham will host the Region C runner up for the first game of the state tournament.

Again, just my opinion.  

Carroll County graduates a lot from the two-time defending state championship team. But Alyssa Ervin is the best player in Virginia and she is returning. Carroll won't be as dominant but Ervin will keep them in the conversation for a three-peat by averaging 35 points a night. 

23 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Just my opinions only...

Region C Class 1.  Auburn and George Wythe have MANY nailbiters and back and forths all season until they play again in the Region C Title game, and the winner of this game Wins the state title over Brunswick.  Brunswick drops down to Class 1 next year and was the 2nd best team in Class 2 this year behind John Marshall.  Brunswick in a nailbiter over Lancaster in the Region A, Class 1 championship and those two meet again in the East Semifinals to play the winner of GW/Auburn.

Region C Class 2.  Radford, period.  Radford again plays John Marshall for the 3rd straight time in the title game.

Region D Class 1.   Honaker advances to the state tournament again, but this time, they host the loser of Auburn-George Wythe as Honaker wins Region D.  I think a Region C team (GW or Auburn) wins the West and advances to the title game as mentioned above.

Region D Class 2.  Graham wins the region closely over Union, Gate City, Virginia High, and Graham will host the Region C runner up for the first game of the state tournament.

Again, just my opinion.  

Reasonable prediction, any thoughts on players?

Just a bit of info from Region B… Madison returns 4 starters and had a really good JV team. Brunswick won a 2 point game against them in the State Quarters. 

Strasburg returns 3 starters including the big guy. They lost 3 out of 4 against Madison.  

The region should come down to these two again with East Rockingham a dark horse. 

But all this is a moot point with John Marshall standing there waiting in the State Quarters and Semis. 

At least a Region C or D team will be state runner up👍🏼

On 3/13/2023 at 10:27 AM, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Just my opinions only...

Again, just my opinion.  

I would think you have to include Wise Central in talks for Region D Class 2.  Lebanon should also considered for Class 1

6 minutes ago, pakdastands said:

I would think you have to include Wise Central in talks for Region D Class 2.  Lebanon should also considered for Class 1

Pretty sure Lebanon moves up to Class 2. They should be in talks as well as they return their 3 best players.

2 hours ago, pakdastands said:

Class 2 will definitely be more than just Union and Gate City.

On Central, I didn't mention them because I knew nothing about what they return.  I know they had several close losses this year to good teams and if Central returns a good share of players, it makes sense to me that they good challenge for the Region Title.  I still think Graham is the favorite next year with what they return, and not just that, the talent they had on JV.   They are like Union.  They don't have the height inside, but will have buckets of talent.  Gate City may have gone from always proven solid and going to advance to the state tournament to.......not proven.  I think GC for the first time since before the year of 2000 did Not make the state tournament.  It's something close to that.  Graham and Union, and possibly Central could lead the way for the top 2 spots in the Region next year over Gate City....if the Devils aren't improved.  On paper, they should be improved.

29 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

On Central, I didn't mention them because I knew nothing about what they return.  I know they had several close losses this year to good teams and if Central returns a good share of players, it makes sense to me that they good challenge for the Region Title.  I still think Graham is the favorite next year with what they return, and not just that, the talent they had on JV.   They are like Union.  They don't have the height inside, but will have buckets of talent.  Gate City may have gone from always proven solid and going to advance to the state tournament to.......not proven.  I think GC for the first time since before the year of 2000 did Not make the state tournament.  It's something close to that.  Graham and Union, and possibly Central could lead the way for the top 2 spots in the Region next year over Gate City....if the Devils aren't improved.  On paper, they should be improved.

I agree Graham should the favorite next year.

Also Pulaski County is moving down from Class 4 to 3 which will put two powerhouse girls basketball teams in Region 3D.  Should be a good matchup for the regional title game between the Lady Cougars and Carroll County. No other team will likely come close to those two.  

On 3/16/2023 at 2:10 PM, WildwoodBobcat said:

Radford and Virginia High in the semifinal for the right to play the John Marshall AAU team

I think I seen where they’re joining the ACC next season and probably a good chance of winning it after seeing the ACC play this year